when are you considered senior : Swingers Discussion 1346921073
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSenior Swingerswhen are you considered senior
TOPIC: when are you considered senior
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... More 
Start   73 to 80 of 80 
User Details are only visible to members.
Well for myself I'm 69 and just discovered my fountain of youth. It's getting back to physical labor. When I retired in 2002 I sat around for the next 2 years doing very little. Then I started to realize this will kill me. So I joined the Y. That was fine but still I started to add pounds and shot up to 175 from 160 at retirement. This year I found out the real way. I started to rebuild my back yard all with the occasional help of a young man from time to time. I had no experience at any of it. I built a 2 layer concrete block wall around a 24 X 24 area that was excavated to the lowest level of the yard to put a pool in. Never did it before. Learned it from the internet. We dug 15 holes 2 1/2 feet deep and put up 10 ft posts with 200 lbs of concrete in each hole. Never did it before. Still building the fence and that should be done in a week. I lost 25 lbs and feel like 50 again or younger. It's all about activity and keeping your mind active and curious and continue to learn new things. I'll find other things to build or do jobs for friends. But I will not stop. I will never consider my self as senior. Older and wiser maybe but never to old until the ticker gives out.

Puryear TN
Username hidden
(10 posts)
RocMoc, I wish more people had your attitude towards seeing more birthdays. Unfortunately, based on past experience both here and elsewhere, many talk a good game but somehow have a tendency to dismiss anyone who's more than ten years or so older than whatever their age is. Ask a 35-year-old what constitutes 'old' and more often than not they'll respond that over 45 is old. Ask a 45-year-old and they'll probably respond that over 55 is 'old'. Etc, etc. The truth is that I'll hit 60 next month and, as my wife and others will testify to their personal experience, I've never been better! Easier to take things slowly, savoring the experiences, bringing my partner along at her own pace, 'til we're Both satiated and exhausted. <G>

Anyway, just too many ppl espouse indifference to age yet just don't seem to actually practice that indifference. Oh well ... their loss, not ours. :-)

JnD

Username hidden
(786 posts)
rocmoc,

Your post is excellent. I have slowed down somewhat in my 50s but that is my own fault as I have allowed my age to influence me when I should be ignoring it. All in all I like your post and mindset.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
It is different for different people. I have seen and known people who were OLD in their 30's and I have a friend who is young in his 70's. IMHO, a lot has to do with how you take care of yourself (health, HWP & mindset). Too many people change their lifestyle as they age and get BORING. Why would you stop playing or enjoying life any different at 60 than you did at 30. I personally have not stop a single activity as I have aged and have found few to play with, (auto racing, motorcycle dirt riding, sea kayaking & more). IMHO basically people get boring as they get older as they become afraid of risk. Fortunately I do have three friends that have not lost the lust for life and still play hard. Luckily one of them is my partner/spouse. I know this is going to angry some people but that is life. I do acknowledge that not everyone likes the same activities and this is a subjective opinion but it is mine. Personally pushing late 50's but really 17. Just a touch slower on the bike or in the racecar but having a ball. The bucket list is pretty short only because I complete the list. Ok, now you can have at me.

Green Valley AZ
Username hidden
(53 posts)
I concur. I'm unaware of there being some max age rule to be a swinger. Hell, we're looking forward to a Lifestyle friendly AL facility some day.

Saint Augustine FL
Username hidden
(12560 posts)
Based on a lot of profiles on SLS, you're 'senior' when you're more than ten years older than whoever you're asking. <G>

Username hidden
(786 posts)
Senior is when you find your first gray pubic hair!

Jim :-)

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Funny, I didn't know there was a category beyond senior!! It seems a shame that many of the 40 somethings want to pretend that they will never hit 50 or 60. We used to think that way too, in our 40's!! It get's tougher and tougher to find playmates as we age, but there are some of us that still think 40, even though the body has passed that age some time ago. What we used to do all night now takes all night to do, but it's no less fun!! And by the way, experience counts in this game!! Happy Hunting, and don't ever give up.

Mount Vernon IL
Username hidden
(28 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... More 
Start   73 to 80 of 80 
TOPIC: when are you considered senior