Where are the older swingers : Swingers Discussion 1468671051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSenior SwingersWhere are the older swingers
TOPIC: Where are the older swingers
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 387   End
User Details are only visible to members.
There are several potential reasons why the (age) distribution of profiles is different from the (age) distribution of the general population. Here are a few

1. There could be different levels of comfort with social networking sites across age groups. 2. The demographics of swingers could be different than the general population demographic. 3. Older swingers have already gravitated to stable groups and are less inclined to develop/maintain profiles.

Scholarly studies (see Bergstrand and Sinski's "Swinging in America" which included >1100 swingers) acknowledge the difficulty of getting comprehensive and reliable data.

Suffice it to say that there are older swingers out there. We have had the very good fortune to find a few such couples who have become wonderful friends.

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(437 posts)
StGala; LOL, no, I'm not contemplating any work in the field of statistics. Actually, I hated Stats in college. I recognize that the methodology is not rigorous and the results are more indicative than definitive. I thought about breaking it down by SF's, SM's, and Cpls, but figured that'd be going overboard for the audience. I'm simply curious if anyone might have any good ideas regarding why the 55+ set seems to be so thin on the ground in SLS as compared to the general population. My guess is that they've either A) gotten sick of playing head-games and dropped out, or B) developed a closed group of swinging friends in their own age range and just don't have much interest in playing outside of that group.

Username hidden
(786 posts)
Geez, Jack, hope you aren't contemplating a second career in statistics.

Counting profiles is a major methodological flaw. A couple = 2 people. You need to go back and do the work again counting people in each age group, not profiles if you expect your numbers to mean anything.

It would also be helpful in answering your original question to count numbers of single males, single females, and couples in each age group. There are always going to be more single males than females, and this will be particularly true in the lower age groups where there are fewer married couples. It's possible that your age demographic findings are an artifact of this natural phenomenon.

If you were just to limit your search to couples, or maybe even paid couples, I suspect the SLS swinger population would skew much older, albeit with natural falloff at the top end.

Often with statistics, how you ask the question determines what your answer is.

ST

Kitty Hawk NC
Username hidden
(260 posts)
Interesting analysis, JackDarlene. I did a little testing and it looks like the maximum search results is 1000. In our area, the search results for all members was either 999, 999, or 1000, no matter what distance was chosen. When I limited the age group, less than 1000 hits generally resulted. As far as where the older swingers go, our experience was to start in our mid 50's. That was also the experience of several of our SLS friends. So although younger folks may be leaving as they mature, those numbers must be offset somewhat by new empty-nesters just starting out. Maybe it is because we live in a large metropolitan area, but we are fortunate to now have a number of local couples in our age range to socialize with.

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(5 posts)
My point was that people 55+ make up almost 20% of the population in our area (according to federal census data), but only 9% of SLS members (according to the SLS search function). Even if only 5-7% of the population are or have been in the lifestyle, one would expect the age distribution to remain relatively unchanged. So why are swingers dropping out of SLS as they grow older??

I ran a Search for all SLS members (SM's, SF's, and cpls) within 100 miles of us, by age groups, and got the following: 18-25; 180 profiles (5%) 26-35; 900 profiles (28%) 36-45; 998 profiles (30%) 46-55; 884 profiles (27%) 56-65; 266 profiles (8%) 66+; 38 profiles (1%)

I can understand why the younger set aren't well represented; they're still getting their feet under them and haven't found SLS yet. But I'm puzzled why the older set is so poorly represented. According to federal census figures, we should have almost 20% of SLS profiles 55+. Otherwise the age distribution curve is about what I'd expect it to be, given the nation age distribution.

Another puzzle is that when I ran the Search function wide open, for ALL members 18-99 within 100 miles, it reported only 997 profiles. Any idea why that might be, SLS Management??

Username hidden
(786 posts)
Well we are ending our 2 week trip here in Sunny Fla. had a total blast. Listed n Hot Dates every day and metsome simply Great folks. A fw we will be seeig again and again when we return in Oct. Nov and Dec. We where out almost every night while in Cocoa area. Wow. Lots of Great folks. Srs are NOT dead.....LOL just a bit slower on the draw...... Mr. P

Lorain OH
Username hidden
(240 posts)
Come to this event and you will become a member of Philly 50 Plus

Mortocycles and Swingers …. could there be a better combination? Philly 50 Plus and Delaware Valley Synergy are going to the Union Hotel on Sunday June 2nd. (1282 Susquehanna River Rd, Port Deposit, MD) We will meet at Duffers across from the Brinton Lake Mall on Rt. 1 in Concordville for lunch at 12:00 and then head to The Union Hotel for the blues band and BBQ. If your bike isn't running or you don't have one don't let that stop you, come by car. ..

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(45 posts)
when i get to fla ill ook you two up :)

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(6563 posts)
We are that mature age group Mr.60 and Mrs. 59 always looking for the mature couple to become friends with BUT getting harded and harder. We sometimes just want to stop looking. Younger (kids) want to get together but we don't have really anything in common. For you mature couples, if ever in Jacksonville FL look us up. Hope to hear from you REAL SOON.

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(8 posts)
can somebody tell me where I can find me a young heifer about 45 to 55..............BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 387   End
TOPIC: Where are the older swingers