Where are the older swingers : Swingers Discussion 1468671041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSenior SwingersWhere are the older swingers
TOPIC: Where are the older swingers
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 387   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Have you noticed that went you reach the age of 60 all of a sudden a big X appears on your forehead and you no longer get invites to meet. We are a couple living in Jacksonville, FL who are really still active in the lifestyle but find it very hard to find another couple in our age group. Most couples say height weight and no older than 55. Come on couples, lets show the younger crowd we can still hang LOL. Be glad to host any couple out there who would like to get together to at least meet and see where it goes. We are an active retired couple, early retired, because we were able and love to travel. Older couples need to voice up and be counted.

Jacksonville FL
Username hidden
(8 posts)
I am separated and divorcing a prudish, str8 arrow (but cheating) 2nd wife. My 1st wife and I were active in the lifestyle from the early 80's to the late 90's, so now, as a solo bi male senior swinger near Macon GA, the pool of swinging couples to whom I might appeal is quite small. I prefer over-45 senior swingers and I'm here and available ! I see that a number of couples on this post travel to Florida. Should your plans include a hotel stay in Macon or at any I-75 exit up to 40 miles north of Macon, please give me a shout if you want to begin your vacation fun in Georgia LOL Heck, I might even let you 'kidnap' me and take me to FL as your sextoy! Any senior swingers local to this area are welcomed to contact me too !

Kennesaw GA
Username hidden
(249 posts)
Celtic, Like you we find the florida scene much more relaxing. We do Fl 3-4 times a year. Have a small place on Merritt Island, Cocoa Beach, Cape canaveral area. Mrs loves the roof top on Hollywood beach:)

Huggs

Mr. n Mrs P

Merritt Island FL
Username hidden
(243 posts)
We are new to this forum but more than willing to put our 2 cents in. We are in our late 50's and have been swinging on and off for only the last 6-7 years. While we attended several events here in the NY/PA area most of our actual swapping was with other couples when we would go to Florida. We found a good number of couples in our age range living down there and several venues to meet other couples. I think my wife is more at ease going to events with people in our age range because it makes her feel more comfortable although I have always thought she would be a great cougar. I do believe that she is uncomfortable being around 20-30 year olds because they sort of make her feel out of place.

Chester NY
Username hidden
(10 posts)
We are in the middle of a retirement community We go to Ingles on Wednesdays and place a pineapple upside in the cart and they find us.......

Cherrylog GA
Username hidden
(16 posts)
I truly believe that the age demographics are simply due to upbringing. More of the younger set is open to sex outside of marriage than those above the 55 mark. Hence there would naturally be a smaller percentage on these sites of older citizens. Truthfully, I am almost 64 and have only been enjoying the lifestyle for about two years. It took a youngster (7-years younger than me) to allow me the freedom, permission, and encouragement to enjoy uncommitted sex. Even as a teen just dating, casual sex on a date was not accepted as it is today. I, for one, am happy to have made the discovery before it was physically too late. Now if I can only find some partners, with partners that are also as physically able as I am, so my other half can also be satisfied. Sadly, all too often I am able to totally satisfy the person I am with, while my significant other is left disappointed by her experience.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(11 posts)
Having fun playing ,,,what are you all doing. he he.

Newmarket Canada
Username hidden
(286 posts)
All perfectly valid observations. I hadn't considered that aging too can directly impact the ability and/or inclination to swing. I'll have to look up that "Swinging in America". Have you ever read "Beyond Monogamy"? Some very interesting info there. All in all, a very interesting discussion. :-)

Username hidden
(786 posts)
It appears to me that you've forgotten another key reason there are fewer older swingers: deteriorating health that often comes with age such as arthritis, heart problems, diabetes and the like. Add to that the difficulties many women face with menopause, and you'll find people who may wish they could still participate but simply don't feel up to it.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9109 posts)
Jack,

I think your premise is wrong. I don't think that over-55s are thinning out quite as much as you think. But of course we'd need a pretty rigorous study to prove that, or really any other theory about who swings and who doesn't.

I also think that, like Jack Benny, that many of the over-50 crowd have just stopped aging, or are aging very slowly, say 1 year for every 2-3 years of life.

I would also guess that there's a fatigue factor. If you've been on SLS for a long time, you may just drop off -- because it's gotten boring, because you have a group of people you already know, or some other reason. I'm fairly sure the majority of profiles on SLS have been up 4 years or less. The oldest profile I recall seeing was initiated in 2001.

I would agree (if you were to suggest it) that the number of people just starting in the lifestyle is probably much smaller in the 60-70 age group. Many more are likely to start in their 50s when they become empty nesters.

But again, there's no way to prove any of this, including your original premise, with the data you've provided -- or really any survey data taken from sites like this or from public opinion surveys. Just too many methodological problems.

ST

Kitty Hawk NC
Username hidden
(270 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 387   End
TOPIC: Where are the older swingers