FORUMS › General Discussions › Senior Swingers › Living through the Decades
TOPIC: Living_through_the_Decades
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5 
41 to 41 of 41
User Details are only visible to members.
I remember having to jump through all kinds of hoops and having to wait for months to have a $88K mortgage approved for our current home back in 1988. We had great credit and I'd been employed at a reasonbly-high level of income for 16 years at that point in time.

That was before the lending rules were relaxed -- dare I say, eliminated? -- which is largely responsible for the current mess we're in, where mortgages are handed out with little regard to financial fitness.

I was astounded a few years ago, when my daughter and her then-husband were approved for a $150k condo. Neither of them had more than a year on their present, low-paying jobs, and our son-in-law was in a volatile occupation (IT) that saw him moving from job-to-job with more often than we visited our favorite restaurant!

Trenton MI
Username hidden
(105 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5 
41 to 41 of 41
TOPIC: Living through the Decades
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.