Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Senior Swingers Living through the Decades
TOPIC: Living through the Decades
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 41   End
User Details are only visible to members.
My favorite car was a 1968 Super Sport Camaro. If you remember the SS did not come with a racing stripe. Only the Rally Sport did. I liked the stripe so my husband asked if we could get it on the SS. The dealer ordered the stripe for us and put it on at the dealership when the car arrived. (You custom ordered back then.) Imagine all the fun we had drag racing. Everyone assumed it was a Rally Sport because of the stripe. They would catch up at the next light and asked what was under the hood. We would point out that if they looked at the side of the car there was the SS logo on it.

Marietta GA
Username hidden
(4 posts)
Damn... you are so right... it was Billy Mummy. *blushes* Why did my mind ever think it was Ron cause he was so much cuter. It's still a fav episode of mine either way.

Chalk that one up to lost of memory due to time passing, and the fact that I didn't google very much apparently. LOL!

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(8589 posts)
Correct Lorick !

My fave car from back then was a 65 Impala....being a typical teen boy and future Tim Taylor fanatic it had MORE POWER ! 500 caddy bored , blueprinted and blown (got me blown a few times :D) Cut and tubbed to 20 inch Mickey Ts.

Momma was SURE I was gonna die in the car....I eventually wrecked it.....doing 35 MPH........damn ice !

Got me remembering those years........daisy chains of pull tabs from beer cans, loading the trunk with bodies and jacking up the air shocks to get into the drive in for just 2 admission tickets. The 2 other "Musketeers" and I with our side biz of installing CB radios, being the "boots" on the fire dept......

Despite the odds WE SURVIVED the blacktop under the swing sets at grammar school... having our asses kicked (literally) when the cops caught us doing something we shouldn't have been doing and dreading being brought home where we'd get worse. We shared drinks, drank from a garden hose, hitchiked, had neighborhood hide and seek games after dark, stole thread spools with 6 ft of thread left to make window rattlers.

If only our kids had it as easy.........

Adams MA
Username hidden
(211 posts)
Ron Howard was not the boy in that Twilight Zone episode, that was Billy Mumy also from Lost in Space.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(64 posts)
I did look up the name of the Twilight Zone episode cause I couldn't remember it. I've seen it in re-runs a zillion times. LOL!

I read lots of interesting info as I did, and found Bee's real name. I was also a fan of the Courtship of Eddie's father (got the tune stuck in my head now), Happy Days, ect... and my brother was addicted to the Andy Griffith Show so I saw all of those growing up. BTW: I believe Andy's first wife (Opie's mom) had died, but he married his TV girlfriend much later as the show progressed...

I'd call it a walk down memory lane with a little cyber help to clear up my fading "senior" memories. LOL!

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(8589 posts)
Aunt Bee's real name was Frances Bavier. She passed in 1989.

Don't forget Ron Howard also was one of stars of Happy Days and "The Courtship of Eddie's father". He was in both "American Graffitis, and he did one of the best Twilight Zones episodes called "The Wilcox Boy" in 1959. The boy who could wish people away if they did not please him.

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(8589 posts)
SmoothnSexy - you were right the first time! Despite the fact that her name was Beatrice Taylor on the show, when it was abbreviated and in-print, it was spelled "Bee".

funluvin' - "The Andy Griffith Show" appeared for several seasons in the early and mid 60s. When it was syndicated into daytime reruns, they renamed it "Andy of Mayberry", so that these reruns wouldn't be confused with first run episodes in prime time.

Also, I believe that Andy was a widower, but don't remember them really discussing it on the show.

Trenton MI
Username hidden
(105 posts)
Getting ready to sell a car this weekend, gathering up all the documentation and extra bits and pieces stirred a lot of memories.

1975 Cosworth Vega I got it as soon as I could lay my hands on one way back when. Mrs Still was always amused by the occasional attention we received while out on drives.

Despite the reputation they had, the Vega was the most neutral handling car of the era I found, and given proper maintenance the standard Vega's stood up as well as any other after the first 2 disastrous years of production.

What were all your favorite rides ? Other than the CV, the '71 Satellite Sebring ours.

Adams MA
Username hidden
(211 posts)
Will be 39 when I retire...I will be young enough to do it again. The great thing is that it will be my choice whether to do so or sit on my keister and watch it grow.

Blythe GA
Username hidden
(250 posts)
Well I will be retired in 2 years, tok me 15 years to get to a point financially where I could a. afford the mortgage, b. prove I could afford the mortgage, c. not put myself in such a bind that if bad things happened, I would put my family at rick of living in the street.

May just be me, but I was under the impression that everyone did this. I had no clue folks could go and get approved for something like a house they could not afford. Thought this was impossible and WHY you needed realtors, lawyers AND bankers helping wiht the paper work, so everyone was protected. Guess I was stuck in a different mind set, now that I read some of the "horror" stories of folks having to sell 2 or 3 homes because they cannot afford them...You knw what never mind...I am against the bailout for banks, mortgage companies and lenders...They chose risky business venture and got bitten on the ass. If happened to me, there would be no middle class bail out, so why should the uber rich have such a safety net. By the way this is not coherent though, this is mind and fingers in constant warfare over the words.

Blythe GA
Username hidden
(250 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 41   End
TOPIC: Living through the Decades