Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Senior Swingers Living through the Decades
TOPIC: Living through the Decades
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   21 to 30 of 41   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Frank, Are you a TV Land addict?

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(8589 posts)
All of those.... I had an older brother who loved those shows

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(8589 posts)
Dark Shadows came on after school everyday. We had to rush home to watch it.

One of the "religious" girls homes I lived in refused to allow us to watch Bewitched or I Dream of Jeannie cause they were evil shows. If we got caught, we were punished with a razor strap and had to read the bible out loud for hours sitting in the office of the head honcho. That damn witch always knew if you tried to skip a passage and made you start over if caught. After getting caught we realized we needed to take turns and post someone at the end of each staircase so we could change the channel before anyone could sneak up on us. We got away with watching it after that.

I was kicked out of that girl's home after being there about 4 months. I arranged a break out and took an additional 5 girls with me. We almost made it out of Texas and it was days before they found us. LOL! Praise the powers that be cause I was truly blessed to have been kicked out! I made sure I never missed an episode of either after that.

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(8589 posts)
Anyone else remember Love,American Style? I had to sneak to watch that one, also Dark Shadows.

G.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(5605 posts)
LOL hardly may I add at the Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman, wasn't she a freaky chick, but you had to watch the show. I was so bummed when they took it off. I wish TV land or someone would do the reruns of that one. And like you, Gina, I am a true 70s girl too, wanna disco?

Jan

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12139 posts)
MIne too, especially the music. My 21 yr old son loves it too.

We're watching "Welcome Back, Kotter" DVDs here and there. Wow, talk about flashbacks! Next, we'll delve back into "Mary Hartman/Mary Hartman."

My favorite car was my '70 Camaro that I bought for $700 and that my dad painted a gorgeous metallic chocolate brown (had to pick that b/c the interior was tan and the outside was a horrible "flesh" color initially). I remember kicking off the rearview mirror while parking with a Marine boyfriend who was about 6'4" to my 5'2".

What fun!

Gina, truly a 70s gal.

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(5605 posts)
OMG reading some of these I am cracking up. How well we remember those Pacers (little flying saucers) Pleasure. My mother had a lime green Pinto which she finally got rid of because of those wonderful gas tank explosions for a Duster, loved that car. Never was into Lost in Space, but adored Mike Nelson in Sea Hunt. Awh, 70s flashbacks, my kind of decade.

Jan

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12139 posts)
When it comes to getting on a bit in years, you know what they say about memory... um... er...

Damn -- I forgot!

P.S. And with guys, it could be the first or SECOND thing to go...

Sigh...

Trenton MI
Username hidden
(105 posts)
There ya go! Thanks for clearing that up sweetie.

Thankfully I have always admitted to having a bad memory, and hey! I've managed to prove it constantly. LOL!

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(8589 posts)
Hmmmm... attempting to clear things up a bit:

1) Ronnie Howard played a character billed as "the Wilcox boy", who was seen in a flashback to his youth by the main character in the Twilight Zone episode, "Walking Distance."

2) The Twilight Zone episode that is likely being referred to was "It's a Good Life", which starred Billy Mumy, from Lost In Space. It's a great episode about an ill-tempered small boy named Anthony, whose special powers terrified an entire town when he would send "bad" people to the "corn field." It was parodied in a Simpson's Halloween episode a few years ago, with Bart assuming the Mumy's role.

My mother-in-law had a Pacer. I drove it a couple of times when it was new, and loved it! All that glass gave a great view of the road and it was very, very smooth and quiet.

It was also very heavy, bad on gas, and had that famed AMC durability! Ouch!

Trenton MI
Username hidden
(105 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   21 to 30 of 41   End
TOPIC: Living through the Decades