Age preference - a study of SLS friends : Swingers Discussion 175774101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSenior SwingersAge preference - a study of SLS friends
TOPIC: Age preference - a study of SLS friends
Created by: CuriousElders
Original Starting post for this thread:
For older swingers, age is an issue. Since we are at the upper end of those participating in the lifestyle, we decided to look into the matter. A few years ago we looked at the preferred age bracket among the seventy-nine SLS couples we had as friends. It is clearly not a random sample simply because we selected them as friends for one reason or another and not for age, however, we tend to stick with folks over fifty. We compiled the data and this is what we found.

The average age of the men was 55.6, and for women of the couple, 54.0. The age range for men was 48 to 69; for women it was 48 to 65. In summarizing the age preferences of this group, we took the average age of the couples, 55, and the average of the lower and higher age limits. What we found was that was low end was 17.4 years younger that they were (about 37) and the high end was 8.3 years older than they were when they specified a limit (about 63) - a definite bias toward youth. Data for the high end was inconclusive because ten couples used an upper limit of 99 which a couple we met told us that it meant that there was no upper age limit.

None of this should be surprising since it is well known that sexual vigor, if not the desire, tends to diminish with age. Accordingly, those interested in sex with others will seek out those in whom the juices are still in full flow. A closer look at our sample reveals some subsets with differing outlooks.

There are ten couples who have no upper age limit. For two couples, the low end of the bracket is a 21, which means that the age of their partners is irrelevant. For other it varies from a few years younger than they to quite a bit younger.

The majority of the couples favor ages about 15 years younger to about 10 years older - a reasonable range.

Ten couples like to have partners who are anywhere from about 12 to 26 years younger than they are, but limit the upside to couples less than five years older than themselves. We are bemused by these folks who are willing to mix it up with a much younger crowd, but don't entertain folks much older than themselves. We think this is reflective of an inflated ego that would not be of interest to us.

As the lifestyle community expands, we feel there is a place for older swingers that is presently lacking. We do all we can to demonstrate that sex is rejuvenating and invigorating. Our experience is that it is the older women who retain their enthusiasm, interest and sexual capability well into their sixties and seventies. The pharmaceutical industry has come to the aid of the men who would otherwise have called it quits.

Although many swingers may think that they are God's gift to those younger than themselves, the elders among us can demonstrate what is in store for younger folks as they age. We will make optimists of you. Give older swingers a try.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 38   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Kandh_f Totally agree.

Prescott Vly AZ
Username hidden
(44 posts)
Either of us would rather have 1 60 year old than, 3 20 year olds. We know how to get it done and what needs done to do it again.

Elton PA
Username hidden
(121 posts)
We generally prefer couples as close to our age as is practical mostly because we have more in common with people who have similar cultural experience. We also tend to like those a bit younger because we have young children even though we're in our forties. We can and have had fun with those much older but our more lasting friendships have been with those within a 10 year range one way or the other. Christy tends to like younger guys I prefer my age or older in woman so we just need to find a couple with a 30 year old guy and a 60 year old wife.

Salisbury MD
Username hidden
(47 posts)
We don't like playing, including single guys, any younger than 45!! Just too weird, and we usually don't have anything in common with the younger crowd.

Cocoa FL
Username hidden
(218 posts)
We prefer those that are breathing and willing

Blue Ridge GA
Username hidden
(33 posts)
I am 67 and married to a hell of a 54 year old woman and we enjoy mfm play and much prefer guys above 50, wish some of you guys were closer.

Spring Branch TX
Username hidden
(323 posts)
HI

Lets try again, hit the wrong key and the prior message got sent or lost.

I am over 60, 150 lbs, 5' 9", slim and athletic, look like 50ish with salt and pepper full head of hair, shaved below, std free, well endowed at 7.5 " and the women say I know how to use my equipment better than most. Yet, there appears to be a barrier in the minds of singles and couples under age 50 that an older male is not desireable. I understand where they may be a basis for this prejudice since most men are over weight, over bearing in attitude, not good conversationalist, and perhaps somewhat insecure. I am none of those things and well educated. I am frustrated because I do not know how to encourage the younger singles and couples to reconsider and imaging slow hands, passion, patience, foreplay is great and post coital bliss is for cuddling. I am here ladies and couples, contact me.

TOM

Spokane WA
Username hidden
(1 post)
singel male here I am 53 and have had a fantasy to be with a women over 60 since 1 was 33. itseems like all the seniors are always elsewher, any ladies over60 in tv nyc area, hey babe, let's get it on!!

and that includes posting on craigslist, and my profile here at sls. any assistance/ suggestions/ recomendations would be greatly apprciated:)

Brooklyn NY
Username hidden
(3 posts)
I have been seeing a woman about 10 years older than I am. Her husband is about 10 years older than she is, has health issues and can't perform. She really is a lot of fun, sexy as hell, and enjoys the playtime. I enjoy the time I spend with her and am even more satisfied knowing I might actually be helping to keep them together. She gets her needs met and there is no reason for her to leave the man she has been with for several decades. And -- you can't tell how someone is just from a number on a profile. I've met some pretty darned sexy 70 year olds.

San Jose CA
Username hidden
(28 posts)
A very interesting topic. We belong to a similar private group that meets in the Annapolis/Ft. Meade, Maryland area. The group began as an Over 50 group, and has grown to well over 100 folks. We have now removed the age designation, because of interest by younger folks, i.e., mostly in their 40s. I am hoping that they won't be trying to take over the group, as was previously mentioned. The age removal was only in the last two months, so, nothing untoward has happened yet. Interestingly, we have only played with folks younger than ourselves, as we haven't encountered anyone older in our area. We'd be happy to play with older, but, a connection would have to occur, as it would in any other instance. As far as younger, we also feel that anyone at my wife's youngest child's age, would be our lower limit.

Lewes DE
Username hidden
(22 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 38   End
TOPIC: Age preference - a study of SLS friends