Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Senior Swingers AARP crowd ** bitch of the day !
TOPIC: AARP crowd ** bitch of the day !
Created by: fingerfuxs
Original Starting post for this thread:
Venting for the 50 plus fora's :)

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 1 to 10 of 81   End
User Details are only visible to members.
That's probably a good/safe practice in your job. But, I can't see pulling over to talk on the radio, here in Texas, as being practical with the agencies that I have worked for when it comes to transport. Texas is a big state. The transport vehicles/busses/vans/etc travel 100's of miles a day with a very tight schedule. The radio is their lifeline and they have to check in every 15 minutes with the closest unit/facility with location, destination, route of travel, ETA, number of drop offs and pick ups. All stops have to be coordinated with the next "stop" and is relayed forward. It depends on what type of "run" it is. Personal cell phones are prohibited except in emergencies. Even then, there's never one person on a transport so the driver is not the one doing the talking on the phone. Sometimes, not the radio as well.

The bottom line is that if people would pull their head out of their ass and drive safe/ courteous/ considerate/ respectful and pay attention to what is going on around the next curve it shouldn't be that hard and a whole lot less death and destruction. A vehicle is a deadly weapon when in the wrong hands.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(485 posts)
We are required by our supervisor to pull over to talk on the radio. Cell phone use is discouraged except for an emergency and only from a safe parked site. Here in NY , cell phone use is not legal when you are driving, but most law enforcement turn a blind eye to it unless there is an accident.

Lyons NY
Username hidden
(546 posts)
Good point 315. The "professional drivers" (such as you) out there notice these kind of things. Texas is a little bit behind the curve. It's been against the law to use cell phones in school zones here for a while but that's about it as far as I know.( not that it is observed) Texas is a big state. Someone might correct me on that. I DO NOT TEXT" while driving. My SUV has "blue tooth" which is controlled by buttons on the steering wheel thru my radio for "talk". I can still concentrate and keep both hands on the wheel. Before that, I just pulled over to talk on the phone. I know my safety zone PLUS I know that I'm not good at multi tasking when it comes to these things. "My bitch of the day" is that there are SO MANY out there that THINK that they can drive just as good (safely and courteously) while texting or talking on the cell phone, all the while swerving all over the road and not maintaining the posted speed limit.( above or below) Then get in front of you and repeat the process when they pass you again and you can't get around them.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(485 posts)
Thanks Tom. Been driving a bus for over 25 yrs and it gets worse every year. Driving like I do, you can't imagine the number of cellphone violations I see every day. It's been illegal to use a cell phone while driving in New York, for years.

Lyons NY
Username hidden
(546 posts)
Your 100% right Scandle. That happened to me once about 5 years ago. A guy passed me and when he got in front he slammed on his breaks to turn into Mc Donald's. I had no where to go and no time to stop completely. Fortunately, his car wasn't damaged, but mine was. It would have been my fault but No police involved so I didn't get a ticket anyway.

315>>> My hat is off to you my friend. I appreciate the job that you do but no thanks.

I think cellphones are a contributing factor. As of last month it is now against the law to use cellphones while driving in the San Antonio and Austin area and surrounding counties. Not that everyone obeys the law.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(485 posts)
Try driving a bus. I drive a transport bus for an agency that assists mental and physical challenged people. My bus has no flashing lights, isn't the same color , like a school bus and people pass me all the time stupidly. A bus means to them , "get around him, so I won't have to be stuck behind them". I don't know how many times a day I get passed in no passing zones, by speeding cars and by the guy who goes like hell, passes me, then slows back down to under the speed limit.

Lyons NY
Username hidden
(546 posts)
Nudistom, I think what you experienced is more like road rage baiting, where they are trying to provoke you into doing something stupid and harmful. It would likely be considered your fault if you hit them from behind, so be careful out there!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(10039 posts)
"bitch of the day"! I consider myself a good, safe and courteous driver. I'm always aware of my surroundings and respectful of other drivers. I always do the speed limit and use my cruse control. Last time I checked this is 2015. Most vehicles have cruse control. Why is it that some people can't maintain a reasonable and constant speed? I don't mind getting behind someone doing less than the posted speed limit as long as it's constant. I'm patient. I pass them when I get the chance and reset my cruse control. What pisses me off is when they repass me and get in front of me and then slow down again with a speed varying 10 mph above and then, later, 10 mph below the posted speed limit and I can't pass them again due to on coming traffic. Is that what they call "road rage"???

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(485 posts)
I know what you mean about the wet grass KJ. The good news is my son went and bought a BRAND NEW "turn zero" lawn mower at Home Depot. He likes it so much he is now doing all of the mowing instead of me. What use to take me 6 hours on my tractor only takes him 2 hours. I just do the trim work. We are finally getting some rain and the yard looks great here also. One thing about South Texas. The rain won't last long and we are in a 5 year drought. In the mean time the yard looks good and the bluebonnets are beautiful.

Seguin TX
Username hidden
(485 posts)
Thanks NUD....I enjoy your posts too, I love to laugh. RE: the blades, this evening I cut the wet grass and it took almost an hour to clean the underside of the mower.....but hey the yard looks great. Kj

Kernersville NC
Username hidden
(2099 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 1 to 10 of 81   End
TOPIC: AARP crowd ** bitch of the day !