AARP Crowd ***** fitness well being stuff : Swingers Discussion 225238
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSenior SwingersAARP Crowd ***** fitness well being stuff
TOPIC: AARP Crowd ***** fitness well being stuff
Created by: fingerfuxs
Original Starting post for this thread:
I'm curious if anyone has employed sleeping aids to their health regiments. We fought it for the longest time. Not taking anything to help sleep, but have found that a every other night goodys PM has made a difference so far.

It's a experiment really, giving it 60 days to see if we have a overall result. The goal is to get a per "week" amount of sleep *hours vs awake/ work hours combined.

The theory being solid sound sleep has a value, just like walking X amount of miles does to our bodies. Just like exercise time has to be budgeted so does sleep time. At least for us over 45ish to be fair :)

It's just not that easy to get a solid nights sleep after a certain age.

Feed back, shared stories or other is always welcome :)

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I made a beer run on my golf cart this afternoon , and rite aid has flu shots available now. I thought it was funny and a little soon to start getting them as well as advertising them.

My sleep experiment was a failure. Oh well , over the counter sleep aids are the lesser of two evils. I sleep a solid 7 to 9 hours a night just about every night using them. I don't see myself changing that unless it spikes blood pressure or something.

It's been a year since I hurt my shoulder and I just stopped doing any free weight or working out at all really....Arrrrgh can you say plus 15 pounds more or less since last year. I am pain free tho now so I'm kinda wanting to give working out a try again.

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3874 posts)
Got my flu shot, $15 bucks at Costco. Pretty reasonable I thought.

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3874 posts)
Phase two of my sleep experiment isn't going to well. Solid sleep just isn't there without the sleep aid :(

Part of the problem is I hurt my shoulder worst then I thought and started back with light weights to soon.

On a positive note I did get some solid calorie advice in the fitness threads and have implemented a new kick start to my metabolism without using "fat burners

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3874 posts)
I (the husband) take a pill to aid in sleep every night but the Mrs. doesn't. We both work out on a regular basis. I have found that if I don't get at least 6-7 hours solid sleep I am absolutely useless the next day.

Chester NY
Username hidden
(10 posts)
Tread mill......what's your distraction ? reading or netflixs or other

I'm a netflixs fan.....{Orange is the New Black } is my newest show I am watching. It's pretty good and has a funny story line. The cast is quirky Donna from that 70's show is interesting to see in another role if one was a fan of that 70's show.

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3874 posts)
Female half here: I've had two very serious car accidents which has caused a bad/sensitive neck. After doing my Pilate's workout, sometimes it is bothering me. I take an Advil PM liquid gel - just one. It works fast (gel), eases the pain and lets me sleep the whole night through. I only take it when the pain is really bad, after using ice and the hot tub.

Cocoa FL
Username hidden
(218 posts)
Thxs fundamentallaw , live in learn. Days past I would have tried to push through a injury instead of letting heal first.

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3874 posts)
Those mishaps will slow you down. Glad you have picked yourself up, dusted off etc.

Atlanta GA
Username hidden
(437 posts)
Took last week off from my weekly workout routine to heal from my bicycle mishap. Looking forward to starting the week off right this morning :)

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3874 posts)
**C&P** From a physician...

The pharmacologic approaches do not result in rest. They are marginally useful when needing to reset the sleep-wake cycle, such as with global travel.

************************************* In a perfect world I/we would agree. But it's not a perfect world and we must adapt. It's that marginal result we are looking for in establishing a solid sleep pattern. So far so good almost 30 days into the experiment.We have added at a minimum 16 good solid hours of sound sleep per week as a result so far. We do feel it overall as a positive with the results being extra energy to burn.....it does make for better sex we both agreed. * smile mornings, nooners and goodnighters.

Falling asleep isn't as big a problem as staying asleep and going back to sleep after waking up. The real results are going to be in the follow up 60 days of backing off from every other night to every 3 days. Then the following 60 day cycle of twice a week. Then ending the year back at as needed. Crossing our fingers we get our bladders and brains trained into a sleep min 7 hours of solid sleep pattern.

Our waking up and not going back to sleep is not un-unique to many I'm only assuming. It is a experiment first and foremost to try to crate train and trick our bladders and brains,...lol.... for lack of a better phrase.

At the end of the day, I don't think we would employ a pharmacologic approach without a back door so to speak.

**** footnote, we removed our beloved 52 inch television from the bedroom and remodeled for uber comfort and darkness in the interest of science and a solid nights sleep.....lol....No matter what the end results wind up being we aren't putting the TV back. It not being in the bedroom has been a eye opener to what a distraction to solid sleep it was and has been all these years.

***another footnote I re-thought the hours gained and changed it to 16 from 21 to be more accurate. I also just fixed the post and deleted the old one since there wasn't a post on top of it.

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3874 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 15   End
TOPIC: AARP Crowd ***** fitness well being stuff