Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Safe Sex › new to all this have some newb question
TOPIC: new_to_all_this_have_some_newb_question
Created by: edein
Original Starting post for this thread:
How do you know if the other party is telling the truth when you ask about STD? I'm guessing you just have to take their word for it, but is there anything else I should know? any kind of secret hand shake? Is it good or bad if they dont have certifications?

1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 17
User Details are only visible to members.
What he said....

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(1947 posts)
I'm not an expert but from everything I've read I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with "his stuff". It's about genital-genital and oral genital contact and exposure of mucous membranes. Warm, moist environments are generally conducive to pathogens. pH is also a factor and, as pointed out, the stomach is an inhospitable environment. In my understanding, transmission of most STDs from oral genital play is somewhat to significantly less likely than from genital to genital contact. Anal penetration is a particular hazard because of the risk of skin tears and blood borne infection. It is definitely possible to get Syphilis, chlamydia, HSV1 and HSV2, and gonorrhea from oral genital play, with or without ejaculation. HIV also, but there is clear evidence that the risk of HIV transmission is less in oral-genital contact than genital-genital contact.

As far as test results, many have pointed out that they are a snapshot in time, and some positive results can be delayed. In the case of HIV, there is now an earlier stage test using recombinant DNA technology. You can always ask a perspective partner who claims a recent test, to see the test results (they paid a lot of money for the damned things, why not show off a clean result?). Most results are emailed and probably accessible by smart phone. Any push back on that request would be a red flag to me. Because of the snapshot in time issue, the more recent a test the better. I test about every four months and do so mostly for my health information and for my GF's protection. Testing has no effect on my use of condoms for intercourse with others. That's a given.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1124 posts)
The truth is you don't know 100 % their status and unfortunately people sometimes are not truthful for their own selfish reasons. They only 100 % preventative is not having any sex which kind of will not work on a swinging site lol. You can however decrease your risk by developing your own set of safe sex rules and adhering to them always. Here are ours and yes we have lost playtime opportunities by potentials who do not like them but those rules are non negotiable for a reason. 1. Magnum condoms we provide and used for any intercourse ( prevents cheap condom use) 2. Mrs DD's encourages verbally (and likes) playmates to cum on her ... Never in her even with condom on 3. We provide an oraquick HIV test which is a cheek swab and gives you reliable results after twenty minutes. There is a 90 day window (small chance) that virus may not be detected because numbers haven't reached detectable numbers yet. Over 90 days exposure the test will detect. The cost is $ 43.00 and to us that is nothing and money well spent to lower our risk. Anyone not willing to play by those rules is actually a good thing for us in the long run

Key West FL
Username hidden
(43 posts)
There's been a ton of conversation about this and about as many opinions as there are writers.

Check out threads about condoms. That's where most of the recent discussions are.

As for swallowing *stuff*, the general consensus seems to be that, due to the powerful acids in your stomach, your risks aren't increased much by *swallowing*.

The significant factor there is created by oral sex (unprotected) in the first place. Clearly, there are some risks involved with that. How great they are depend on who you're listening to.

I'm no expert, so I'll leave the facts and statistics to those who know more.

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(1947 posts)
So what are the odds of getting something bad from giving a guy a blow job ......and him wanting you to swallow his stuff?

Midlothian VA
Username hidden
(1 post)
Alternatively, if you're all that hot and horny, you could go ahead and have sex before getting any test results back, though it should be understood that this puts everyone's health at risk if one of you is infected. However, if none of you are infected, then there is no risk of an STD to start with, and getting tested can help give yourself, and others a little bit of peace of mind that you are at least relatively safe to be with. So just be sure to use condoms because you never know.

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(5 posts)
So with that in mind, I'd suggest offering to get tested with any prospective sex partners. That way you can do due diligence in protecting yourself, and everyone else from STDs. You know when and where everyone got tested because you were all there in support of one another. Wait for the test results to come back, and if necessary, wait through the "window periods" in order to get reasonably accurate results, and then have sex. Consider the time you have to wait for any meaningful test results as time to get to know one another.

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(5 posts)
Doing your best to make sure the people you have sex with don't have any STDs in the first place (through test results), and then using condoms too (just in case the test results weren't accurate for some reason), can significantly reduce your risk of catching one. The main thing to take into consideration when doing this is how will you manage "window periods" for various stds as some tests will only detect infection if a certain amount of time has passed. Then there is the issue of whether you're willing to be tested yourself. Its almost hypocritical to expect that someone should have, or get test results if you are not willing to yourself.

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(5 posts)
Here's an idea, while there is no such thing as safe sex, there is a such thing as safer sex. So why don't you, and people in general for that matter, just limit your sexual activity to those who are willing, and able to show that they have been tested negative for STDs?

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(5 posts)
D and J, I totally agree with you on the HSV. I believe most ppl carry that virus. Luckily a lot of ppl never have symptoms. I get sores on my mouth only, and after twelve years my husband has never had one anywhere.

Username hidden
(173 posts)
1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 17
TOPIC: new to all this have some newb question
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.