Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Safe Sex › new to all this have some newb question
TOPIC: new_to_all_this_have_some_newb_question
Created by: edein
Original Starting post for this thread:
How do you know if the other party is telling the truth when you ask about STD? I'm guessing you just have to take their word for it, but is there anything else I should know? any kind of secret hand shake? Is it good or bad if they dont have certifications?

1  2  3  Next »
1 to 10 of 25
User Details are only visible to members.
nehoe,

if I was that paranoid, I wouldn't be a swinger at all.

Hilliard OH
Username hidden
(1684 posts)
Doesn't make sense to me. The potential infection vectors are pretty much identical before and after.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1302 posts)
Very interesting discussion. We know a couple where the female will only engage in oral sex during foreplay. There is no fluffing for round 2. Once the guy has cum (in the condom) and cleaned himself up, oral is still a no-no.

Smart? Silly? Thoughts...

Fort Lauderdale FL
Username hidden
(1 post)
That's why I said, "most".

Hilliard OH
Username hidden
(1684 posts)
Unless the rest of America includes, oh, say, Indiana. Or any one of dozens of other HIV hot spots.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1302 posts)
DoubleDs,

I would figure that in Key West you have to worry about HIV way more than, say, Ohio, or most of the rest of America.

Just sayin'. :)

Hilliard OH
Username hidden
(1684 posts)
Welcome to the forum.

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(3011 posts)
We are new members, still investigating, taking our time and waiting to see what feels right. I really like the rules that DoubleDs2please talks about. Definitely needs to be considered.

New Castle DE
Username hidden
(4 posts)
What he said....

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(3011 posts)
I'm not an expert but from everything I've read I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with "his stuff". It's about genital-genital and oral genital contact and exposure of mucous membranes. Warm, moist environments are generally conducive to pathogens. pH is also a factor and, as pointed out, the stomach is an inhospitable environment. In my understanding, transmission of most STDs from oral genital play is somewhat to significantly less likely than from genital to genital contact. Anal penetration is a particular hazard because of the risk of skin tears and blood borne infection. It is definitely possible to get Syphilis, chlamydia, HSV1 and HSV2, and gonorrhea from oral genital play, with or without ejaculation. HIV also, but there is clear evidence that the risk of HIV transmission is less in oral-genital contact than genital-genital contact.

As far as test results, many have pointed out that they are a snapshot in time, and some positive results can be delayed. In the case of HIV, there is now an earlier stage test using recombinant DNA technology. You can always ask a perspective partner who claims a recent test, to see the test results (they paid a lot of money for the damned things, why not show off a clean result?). Most results are emailed and probably accessible by smart phone. Any push back on that request would be a red flag to me. Because of the snapshot in time issue, the more recent a test the better. I test about every four months and do so mostly for my health information and for my GF's protection. Testing has no effect on my use of condoms for intercourse with others. That's a given.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1302 posts)
1  2  3  Next »
1 to 10 of 25
TOPIC: new to all this have some newb question
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.