hpv : Swingers Discussion 1270971011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe Sexhpv
TOPIC: hpv
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 17 of 17 
User Details are only visible to members.
Once again, most adults, and especially most who play have HPV in one variety or more. And most adults have herpes. Condoms are not as effective with either HPV or herpes as they are with HIV. That is one reason most of us carry one or both of these STD's. To be more clear, HPV and herpes infection is the norm, not the exception.

It's important for those who play to be aware of this. It is the norm to be infected. Like childhood diseases such as chicken pox (a herpes related virus) we expect to become infected by at least some over the course of life.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
That's right, I had forgotten it wasn't recommended for us, uh, older folks. You're right too, as with all vaccines, it is for PREVENTION not after the fact.

Austin TX
Username hidden
(139 posts)
the hpv vaccine is not suggested at this time for over 26. It is also most effective BEFORE any sexual activity takes place in your life, which is why they tend to give it to 12 year olds. It won't cure what is already there. Lots of info on the vaccine out there read it then talk to your dr and see if it might be right for you.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
Condoms REDUCE the risk of HPV, but as HPV can appear in areas not covered by the condom it can still be transmitted. There are a lot of different strains of HPV, and only a small percentage of them can cause cervical cancer. HPV can also be present in someone with no visible warts, and according to the stats the strains that can cause cancer are mostly the ones without visible warts. Not exactly sure how to protect against that, other than don't play. Also, a person can have HPV for years with no visible warts and all of a sudden warts appear. Many people don't know they have it.

HPV has also been linked to certain types of anal cancer as well as throat cancer too. So if you play, play with care and with full knowledge of the risks involved. For us, and this is only for us, we minimize the risks as much as we are comfortable with and realize there are risks in life. Some are acceptable and some aren't.

There is a vaccine to prevent HPV now. Anyone in the Lifestyle might want to research it and consider getting it. Just my two cents.

Austin TX
Username hidden
(139 posts)
My lady has the HPV for the second time. I do not play with anyone but her and love to see her with others. How can we now swing safely with out harming her or anyone else?? We are very open to any safe ideas (soft swing, limited partners) of what we should do as we would really like to contine but stuck on the aspect of what we can do thats safe for all concerned. I may also add that my sex drive is way lower than hers and the swinging act is about satisfing her.

Any professional logical ideas would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Indianapolis IN
Username hidden
(2 posts)
It should always be assumed that a prospective sex partner could have HPV, or any other STD, unless you know otherwise. Too often STDs can be asymptomatic, meaning they show no signs of infection. Meaning the only way you can usually know, is to get tested.

Unfortunately, HPV is not one of the easier STDs to detect, so using condoms to reduce your risk of being infected by it, or other STDs is important.

Charlotte NC
Username hidden
(5 posts)
Most estimates are that most adults have HPV. So assume you have it.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
Start   11 to 17 of 17 
TOPIC: hpv