condomless : Swingers Discussion 588001031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe Sexcondomless
TOPIC: condomless
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   31 to 40 of 66   End
User Details are only visible to members.
After reading these posts I pulled out my wife's JAMA journals and looked up STD's. She is an RN.

What I found interesting is there are actually several STD's that people may not even know they have. The most common one seems to be Herpes. Type one is associated with cold sores around the mouth, nose and hands. Although rare, JAMA states it can be transmitted to the genitals through oral sex and then develop into type 2. Type 2 is the most common form of Genital Herpes.

JAMA states that in 2004 a blind study of 25,000 people was conducted. 19 percent of males had some type of Herpes and 23 percent of females. In the males, 83 percent reported they were aware of having it. This was attributed to most males will develop painful sores or spots in or around the outside of their genitals. Only 64 percent of the females reported being aware they had it since many females may show no external sign and confuse any internal discomfort with other female discomforts. It was also estimated that 1 percent of males and 3 percent of females carry the viruses and can pass it on, yet never show any visible signs themselves.

I guess the point is that nothing is 100 percent safe, but wearing a condom will reduce the possibility of picking up an STD. We think it is not wise to participate in this lifestyle without using a condom, as well as maintaining high standards of personal grooming. Just food for thought.

Minden NV
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Thank you, Jim and Poly for answering my question..... Happy Holiday wishes to all... Alina

Naples FL
Username hidden
(229 posts)
I'm sure it happens, Gornalina. But in our 10 years of swinging, we have neither met, nor heard of through any of our swinging friends, anyone who has contracted an STD.

My point I made earlier is that the incidence of STDs in Americans is not nearly as high as you would think from the fear factor that has been planted in most of us by all the media attention. And as I said earlier, you can really reduce your risk simply by knowing the statistics about the prevalence of STDs in different demographic groups. Still, even if you reduce your risks to very low (I hesitate to say "acceptable") levels, why assume more risk than necessary? Condoms are proven to be useful in lowering the risks of acquiring STDs.

The decision to swing means you are accepting additional risk, even if you use condoms, know the statistics about prevalence of STDs in different demographic groups, and make wise decisions to keep the risk as low as possible. But you still are at some risk.

We just don't personally know, and haven't personally heard of anyone through our friends, who has acquired an STD.

When I drive down a narrow country road at night, I know I'm at increased risk of hitting a deer. When I am in a bad neighborhood, I am nervous about the increased risk of being assaulted. When I drive in rush hour traffic, I am at increased risk of being injured or killed. When I eat too many French fries, I am at increased risk of clogging my arteries.

We accept risks of all kinds every day, and we don't even necessarily do the things that make sense to do to reduce risk. But we eat our French fries or smoke our cigarettes anyway.

Each of us is responsible for our own actions, and has the right to accept greater risk or act to minimize risk. It's your call.

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
there is a cpl here in sls who has contacted stds thru unsafe sex.

Delton MI
Username hidden
(4361 posts)
Jim, in the ten years that you both been in the life style have you or your wife heard of some one in the life style coming down with Aids or on Std?? We have not know of one and we have been in the life style for about 12 years and have older friends that been in the life style for 20, 30, 40 years and thay have not heard of swingers getting Aids or on Std... Alina

Naples FL
Username hidden
(229 posts)
Ten years.

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Jim, if i may ask you... How long have you been in the life style? Alina

Naples FL
Username hidden
(229 posts)
Or my personal favorite, sitting in heavy rush hour, non-moving traffic breathing the exhaust from a bus!!!!

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
I think the point about smoking is the risk of acquiring emphysema, bronchitis, COPD, or lung cancer from years of inhaling 2nd-hand smoke. Not sure what the statistics are on that, but it would be interesting to compare the risk taken by breathing smoke-filled air with the risk of having unprotected sex.

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Just curious, do any of you smoke or go to parties or bars where the room is filled with cigarette smoke?

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(600 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   31 to 40 of 66   End
TOPIC: condomless