condomless : Swingers Discussion 588001011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe Sexcondomless
TOPIC: condomless
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   11 to 20 of 66   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Mr. Chip:

You are incorrect. HIV does NOT pass through latex condoms. It can and does pass through LAMB SKIN condoms. Latex and polyurethane condoms provide the best protection from viruses.

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Controlled studies are out but unintended experiments aren't. The vast majority of people with hemophilia are male because of the pattern of inheritance. Hemophilia is treated with coagulation factor concentrates that transmitted HIV to virtually ever man with this disease before the concentrates were pasteurized. The rate of infection in these men's wives divided by an approximate frequency of vaginal intercourse gives you an approximation of the rate of male-to-female transmission.

Female-to-male transmission is a bit tougher but not impossible. Before our ability to test for HIV, a cohort of women were infected by blood transfused to treat complications of pregnancy or, much more commonly, delivery. The rate of infection in these women's husbands divided by an approximate frequency of vaginal intercourse gives you an approximation of the rate of female-to-male transmission.

Because these estimates assume monogamy, they will over estimate the true rate of transmission (for example, how many of the husbands were taking anonymous dick in the butt in restrooms).

Louisa VA
Username hidden
(12 posts)
The odd thing, and the reason I always get a checkup at the doctor (clean bill of health as of the end of June...woo hoo!) is that HIV and other viruses have the ability to pass through the lining of condoms. They are so microscopic, smaller than a human cell, that regardless if it's natural or latex, there is a large possibility that any fluids can and will pass through at the (and this can be seen through the proper instruments) microscopic level.

Roselle Park NJ
Username hidden
(64 posts)
"HIV is found in varying concentrations or amounts in blood, semen, vaginal fluid, breast milk, saliva, and tears. "--

Learn something new everyday...I didn't know tears were included, and really never thought of breast milk or vaginal fluid...

My personal opinion...I believe HIV tends to be difficult to acquire as long as you stay away from blood (that means no anal sex); I'm more concerned about catching the different forms of Hepatitis.

Tyler TX
Username hidden
(261 posts)
"To get HIV here must be blood transfer. "

Here is a quote off of the CDC fact sheet...

"HIV is found in varying concentrations or amounts in blood, semen, vaginal fluid, breast milk, saliva, and tears. "

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
Not sure how helpful statistics would be, even if it could be determined. How could someone ethically design a clinical trial to test the odds of getting HIV via having unprotected vaginal sex? HIV is very different from other STD - harder to get. Best bet is to educate yourself as to how the various STD are passed, and what they look like. Good to play with partners who are tested. To get HIV here must be blood transfer. If you have another STD, your susceptibility of contracting HIV goes way up. Condoms are effective at preventing the transfer of HIV, but are less effective on other STD (curable ones) and not very effective at all against some incurable STD like herpes and HPV.

Pismo Beach CA
Username hidden
(305 posts)
The following applies to all STD's but I will use HIV to simplify the language. The question pertains to people currently living in the US who are HIV negative. Answers should include underlying assumptions, factual basis and demographic considerations if pertinent.

What is your risk of contracting HIV from a single act of unprotected vaginal intercourse with a partner who is known to be HIV positive if you are a man? If you are a women?

Risk management starts with understanding the risk.

Louisa VA
Username hidden
(12 posts)
We can't believe ourselves that so many people don't want condoms in today's world. we have told a few couples that we evern use condoms with women and ----never here from them again. what's the matter with grown adults not understanding this simple thing. the saying "it doesn't feel the same" was thrown out the window when you became an adult! to me, my life is worth more than a $ 4.00 box of condoms.

Brunswick GA
Username hidden
(10 posts)
We view condoms like seatbelts in cars.

Everyone tries to avoid a car accident but you never know for sure what the other person is doing. A seatbelt isn't a 100% thing that you wont get hurt in the accident, but most the time you are in better shape if you are wearing one then if you get in an accident without one.

Same goes with condoms. Most people put in an effort to stay clean and safe, but there is always the chance of the unexpected. A condom isn't a 100% thing, but I would rather take my chances with one then without.

Just my 2 cents

Lethbridge Canada
Username hidden
(5 posts)
We are Owners of one of the largest Clubs in the Country. We believe there is nothing more important that practicing Safe Sex at all times. There is no reason for intelligent couples and singles going around and acting like they're immune to STD's. In fact no one is immune and while everyone believes they are very careful when selecting a partner for sex, they have no idea what someone else has done in the past that will change their life forever.

We are hosting the WLGB in Columbus, Ohio and we agreed to allow a promotional company to lease our club so that we could promote Safe Sex.

If you truly love yourself and your partner, please practice Safe Sex. In fact it takes everyone to just say no. You are in charge of your own body. The Lifestyle Community needs to recommit itself to Safe Sex, every time. Please protect yourself and your partner.

Columbus OH
Username hidden
(236 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   11 to 20 of 66   End
TOPIC: condomless