With Herpes : Swingers Discussion 1710501015
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexWith Herpes
TOPIC: With Herpes
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   15 to 24 of 34   End
User Details are only visible to members.
VA- I can't believe that you pay $219 for that test. Either you have a crappy health care plan, or you and your wife (for some reason) don't want to tell your doctor that you have sex with multiple partners.

For me, all diagnostic tests ordered by my doctor are fully covered with no co-pay. So as long as she's willing to order the test, my only cost is the $20 co-pay for the office visit.

My wife has different insurance, through her current employer, and she pays no co-pay for an office visit for preventive care (she could get two per year), and the STD test is $36 co-pay.

I know my wife and I have good health insurance, but STD testing is indicated for women of all ages with a new sexual exposure by the American College of OB/GYNs, so most insurance plans should provide full or partial coverage. Many doctors are now routinely testing sexually active young adults, but when a doctor sees an older married couple, they will not assume that you are at risk. Nobody should be uncomfortable to talk with their doctor about any issue related to their health.

I've read several times in the fora that people don't tell their doctor because they are afraid of their employer or someone else finding out. There are strict confidentiality laws that would prevent that-- your doctor couldn't tell your employer if they were treating you for a heroin addiction. And, BTW, the mail order labs are not bound by the same confidentiality laws that you are assured through your health care provider.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6776 posts)
The STD screen we get (one of us gets one every 6 months, we alternate) includes:

Chlamydia Hepatitis B Herpes l HIV-1 Antibody Test Gonorrhea Hepatitis C Herpes ll Syphilis

$219. Results emailed about a week later.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19157 posts)
Got to admit, the name of the thread got my professional curiosity piqued and I had to read it. I then compared what I read to what I see every day in my practice. I work L&D, and obviously see more than my share of that area of the body. I've had a few, very few patients that had it and they just made sure to take daily coverage to prevent outbreaks and were still able ot have vaginal deliveries since they were lesion free. But we look very carefully under bright lights to make sure, too. So far {knock on wood} I've not seen any cases where they didn't know they had it and we found lesions.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10703 posts)
Good to read about those being honest and trying to keep from spreading it. I certainly am making sure that my Full STD screen is FULL! Good information here.

Spring TX
Username hidden
(2187 posts)
There have to be plenty of others with genital herpes out there. It would be nice if everyone was both knowledgeable and candid about their status on herpes. We, and certainly anyone else presently uninfected, really do not want it. Makes for closed communities for playtime, but is for the general best for the LS.

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(41 posts)
Point of view affirmed. You will not be shunned/rejected everywhere within the swinging culture communities, however.

Treasure Is FL
Username hidden
(6907 posts)
Wow - I am so glad to be reading this. I am SO annoyed with the general swingers I have met for saying they are D/D free (and have not been screened for herpes) and the general stigma that is attached with herpes in general. I was infected by swingers who were not responsible (either didn't tell me before hand or didn't know they were infected) and now I feel like I am screwed because of their negligence! I started a group 'swingers with HSV2' out of my general frustration and feeling a lack of support. I am glad to know there are others out there who have similar feelings as I do. I am being completely open (to a fault probably) on my profile. Since I have done this I am getting NO contacts and have actually been denied attendance at swinger parties. It is so upsetting to hear "we have never had problems in the X years we have been doing this" - YES YOU HAVE HAD PROBLEMS!! Statistically speaking 20% of your members have HSV (and I would argue lots more based on general behavior patterns). Ignorance is absolutely no excuse and I am largely dismayed by what I am seeing in this 'community' :-( I feel like I was screwed over by the swinger community and am now getting further screwed by trying to be ethical and then being completely shunned/rejected.

Shrewsbury MA
Username hidden
(1 post)
I've been a herpster for 22 years and I'm not ashamed to admit it! :) I'll play with other herpsters if they visit wisconsin. Not many people in our area admit to it on their profile either, but admit to it in chat or email. I prefer to be open and honest. I'm not out to deceive anyone. I agree with the previous posters that there are probably a lot of people that have H and don't know it. What amazes me is how ignorant some people are. They think that they are "clean". I wonder how often they get tested. If someone created their profile 3 years ago and were clean then, but have played with 20 or 30 partners or even 2 or 3 partners, have never been retested and have never updated their profile, are they still "clean?" Ignorance really is bliss I guess! Long live the herpsters! :)

Oconomowoc WI
Username hidden
(35 posts)
jayd, a couple of things. Regarding the person who went and got tested and came back neg. If that person was newly exposed and got the antibody blood test it is very possible that they have HSV but have not had time for their body to develop the antibodies that test looks for. From the training video played at our AZ HSV support group, it can take 6 weeks for the antibodies to develop. Regarding passing H along when there's no OB (out break) or symptoms. There is something called viral shedding occurring approx 10% of the time. There's no symptoms during these events but you can pass it along and there's no knowing when the shedding is going on. The above info is from the HSV informational/support vid played at our support group. I am a 28 yr Herpster and my g/f has about 5 yrs.

Avondale AZ
Username hidden
(6 posts)
I was told by dermatologist I had genital herpes after i had an out break the most likely person and everyone I had been with said they did not have it, the most likely even went to be tested she said and was negative, had no more outbreaks for a long time like over a year maybe two years can't remember it's been that long since any problem so I though I could not spread it now I find out I may have given it to some one I care about and it's killing me ! no one seems to be able to say what the chances are that I have infected her. best I got was it's less than 50 % but we don't know how less. I can't believe the docs I saw did not inform me better, the derm. or a clinic doc who told me women could have it and not know. I don't know what I'll do if she turns out to have it now !!!! what makes it so worse is I did not even think abut it till after, I could have never told her and hoped for the best but how could I live with myself, it's hard enough now. Please get tested , and talk about it way ahead before things get hot.

Delaware OH
Username hidden
(2 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   15 to 24 of 34   End
TOPIC: With Herpes