With Herpes : Swingers Discussion 1710501011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexWith Herpes
TOPIC: With Herpes
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 34   End
User Details are only visible to members.
It would probably depend on what we were found to have, and what we've been up to. So far, so good.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17598 posts)
VA- So one of you gets tested every six months. What would you do if you tested positive for something? Contact everyone you've both been with in the last six months? Hopefully, you're never in that situation. Just curious.

Oconomowoc WI

Username hidden
(35 posts)
Some folks might also not want their insurance company knowing that they are getting the screening or at least how often.

San Diego CA

Username hidden
(41 posts)
"Either you have a crappy health care plan, or you and your wife (for some reason) don't want to tell your doctor that you have sex with multiple partners."

I'll take "The Second Choice" for 200 Alex.

I used to have mandatory screens annually as part of my company-provided physical at my old job, so that took care of that part, but now we are self-employed and buy our health insurance individually. We are priced and risked invidually. We do not want such information and testing recorded in our health records, as we do not wished to be flagged for high risk and thus rate increases.

$438 a year to know we're disease-free *and* keep the information private from our insurance company? No hesitation there.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17598 posts)
VA- I can't believe that you pay $219 for that test. Either you have a crappy health care plan, or you and your wife (for some reason) don't want to tell your doctor that you have sex with multiple partners.

For me, all diagnostic tests ordered by my doctor are fully covered with no co-pay. So as long as she's willing to order the test, my only cost is the $20 co-pay for the office visit.

My wife has different insurance, through her current employer, and she pays no co-pay for an office visit for preventive care (she could get two per year), and the STD test is $36 co-pay.

I know my wife and I have good health insurance, but STD testing is indicated for women of all ages with a new sexual exposure by the American College of OB/GYNs, so most insurance plans should provide full or partial coverage. Many doctors are now routinely testing sexually active young adults, but when a doctor sees an older married couple, they will not assume that you are at risk. Nobody should be uncomfortable to talk with their doctor about any issue related to their health.

I've read several times in the fora that people don't tell their doctor because they are afraid of their employer or someone else finding out. There are strict confidentiality laws that would prevent that-- your doctor couldn't tell your employer if they were treating you for a heroin addiction. And, BTW, the mail order labs are not bound by the same confidentiality laws that you are assured through your health care provider.

Gibsonia PA

Username hidden
(6730 posts)
The STD screen we get (one of us gets one every 6 months, we alternate) includes:

Chlamydia Hepatitis B Herpes l HIV-1 Antibody Test Gonorrhea Hepatitis C Herpes ll Syphilis

$219. Results emailed about a week later.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17598 posts)
Got to admit, the name of the thread got my professional curiosity piqued and I had to read it. I then compared what I read to what I see every day in my practice. I work L&D, and obviously see more than my share of that area of the body. I've had a few, very few patients that had it and they just made sure to take daily coverage to prevent outbreaks and were still able ot have vaginal deliveries since they were lesion free. But we look very carefully under bright lights to make sure, too. So far {knock on wood} I've not seen any cases where they didn't know they had it and we found lesions.

Mcallen TX

Username hidden
(9967 posts)
Good to read about those being honest and trying to keep from spreading it. I certainly am making sure that my Full STD screen is FULL! Good information here.

Spring TX

Username hidden
(2074 posts)
There have to be plenty of others with genital herpes out there. It would be nice if everyone was both knowledgeable and candid about their status on herpes. We, and certainly anyone else presently uninfected, really do not want it. Makes for closed communities for playtime, but is for the general best for the LS.

San Diego CA

Username hidden
(41 posts)
Point of view affirmed. You will not be shunned/rejected everywhere within the swinging culture communities, however.

Treasure Is FL

Username hidden
(6602 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 34   End
TOPIC: With Herpes