Using statistics for risk reduction : Swingers Discussion 1937051081
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexUsing statistics for risk reduction
TOPIC: Using statistics for risk reduction
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   81 to 90 of 134   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Very true OG. Most people have grown out of this middle school behavior. But not even on a swinger site are we free from it. And you would think people here would be more open minded to different opinions.

Riverside CA
Username hidden
(184 posts)
Vanillas say the same thing about swingers. Guess were all ridiculous. lol

Riverside CA
Username hidden
(184 posts)
TBR,

I do not understand why everyone gets so upset either. I have been excluded more than once because I am uncircumcised. I am not going to try to change their mind, it is their preference. It could be because of increased risk, or she just doesn't like it. Either way, it is their choice to make.

I do think talking about statistics can help people evaluate things better. For example, as I quoted in an earlier post, unprotected vaginal sex is twice as risky as unprotected oral. However, unprotected anal is 18 times as risky as unprotected vaginal.

Condoms obviously help. I think understanding all the probabilities helps reduce risk even more.

Harmony FL
Username hidden
(192 posts)
I think where the "camps," if you will, are split is the degree of risk.

There are some barebackers on here who seem to be saying that since you are accepting some risk (by not using a dental dam, for example), you should accept more risk by not using condoms.

Everyone decides their own level of risk. I don't see what some people get so upset about...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17342 posts)
lol @ KindDraggon,

Unfortunately we are in a risky lifestyle as swingers. And most don't glove up or dental dam up during oral. I think that's why Caretakers started this thread as a way to help with risk. We can never be too safe.

Riverside CA
Username hidden
(184 posts)
I think dishonesty has been a repeating theme, probably for very good reason.

If someone is dishonest about their sexual preferences, condom use, or anything else for that matter, there is a good chance they are dishonest about getting tested or the results. (I would love to know the probabilities)

It comes back to the question, do you think pressure on honesty would improve safety for everyone? How far do you think the pressure should go? Should dishonesty be highlighted and at what point is it "blacklisting," or "kissing and telling?"

Harmony FL
Username hidden
(192 posts)
Kind dragon, Another stated Barebackers are dangerous, selfish, & actions are stupid. Our point was that if this is true, honest Barebackers would only themselves be all the above to themselves. Not affecting people that do use protection because they are not dangerous or selfish to us because we do not engage in sexual activity with them.

Riverside CA
Username hidden
(184 posts)
We think Barebackers would open up and express themselves freely if they were not burned at the stake. Honestly we believe there are more Barebackers out there than we think. But if they weren't flamed at, more would speak up and give their thoughts on the subject.

Riverside CA
Username hidden
(184 posts)
"Calling Barebackers stupid or stating their actions are stupid"

We think it's the same. They are called Barebackers for a reason and their action is included in their name label.

Riverside CA
Username hidden
(184 posts)
But that would mean the other is a barebacker too.

Riverside CA
Username hidden
(184 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   81 to 90 of 134   End
TOPIC: Using statistics for risk reduction