Using statistics for risk reduction : Swingers Discussion 1937051071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexUsing statistics for risk reduction
TOPIC: Using statistics for risk reduction
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   71 to 80 of 134   End
User Details are only visible to members.
If one really wants to evaluate risk and improve understanding, you should start with the highest risk you can find. Evaluate and quantify the real risks and start adding layers of protections. Different combinations starting with the base line can give insight into effectiveness. Obviously, it is a win win for everyone.

I do not understand people that go to any length to stop dialog. Learning and exploring is never a bad idea. It is a win win for everyone.

Harmony FL
Username hidden
(192 posts)
@Othergoofball:

Thanks for your posts. We like you. As you said, a few couples, one with over 4800 posts, "control" this board and if you don' t have the same opinion you are "ridiculous" or "desperate". So be it. I really don't care about some opinionated airheads pretending to be swingers spewing hatred towards couples with different attitudes.

Swinging is supposed to be fun and not politics.

I don't rant about all these people not showing their faces, not having pictures at all, not answering emails, disliking this or that..................

Not worth writing on this board anymore. You get yelled down immediately anyway.

Riverside CA
Username hidden
(23 posts)
@AkronFunTimes:

Thanks for opening our eyes and telling us that we are "ridiculous" since we prefer bareback. Since we already have "bareback" in our profile we might have to add "ridiculous" as well. Guess we won't play we you anytime soon.............or ever. LOL

Riverside CA
Username hidden
(23 posts)
TBR might be right -- why have statistics when there is common sense. :)

Bias can also distort perceptions, as can be seen by claiming this thread was created to promote barebacking. Actually, I think the Netherlands study referenced earlier and again by Leeza, along with the takeaways were sound.

To my knowledge, that is the only study that has attempted to assess swingers. Hopefully there will begin to many more, as many questions are left unasked and unanswered, as well as probable flaws in the hypothesis reached. But even flawed, it is eye opening and scary.

I will say it once again. I hope to explore many risk statistics to flesh out sound advise. Bringing STIs into the spotlight is helpful, as I think many risks with STI and unprotected oral are not considered. Risk management is getting a whole picture that fits a persons situation. Most likely, I would think as statistics are evaluated for risk reduction the benefit of condom use will become more clear for many people.

Harmony FL
Username hidden
(192 posts)
To me its simple,Depends who you play with and who they play with,,and on and on,Always risk when fucking anyone other than your spouse,PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4933 posts)
Kind- tell your health care provider. When your Doctor sees a 50 year old married woman, they will not assume that you have sex with others unless you tell him/her. For swingers (regardless of condom use) regular STD testing is as important as checking your cholesterol. And congratulations on quitting smoking!

The study in the Netherlands, to which tbr referred, was one of several studies that I reviewed closely. In that study, swingers had a higher incidence of STDs compared to prostitutes. Women who identified themselves as swingers were four times more likely to have an STD than prostitutes, and even slightly higher compared to homosexual men. In other studies looking at prostitutes, those who use condoms have a very low incidence of STDs, and among prostitutes who sometimes or never use condoms the risk is nearly 100%. It should be noted that condom use is much more common in Europe than in the US. One out of every eight swingers in the Dutch study had an STD, and it is possible that percentage is higher in the US.

I have always used condoms until I met my wife. Back in college, most of the guys I knew did also. One guy in my fraternity said he didn't like to use them and we made fun of him for being stupid-- sure enough, he got a girl pregnant.

Back in high school, guys would say to their girlfriend things like, "you never get pregnant the first time," or "it'll be OK if I pull out." Now in these threads, I see things like "I drove 155 on the highway and jumped out of airplanes in the military, so if I can take risks like that, why do I have to use a condom?" I suppose there are gullible women who will fall for it.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6821 posts)
I agree. I think Leeza has the best posts in this thread so far. I have been hoping they would stay engaged in the thread as they have much to offer. In earlier posts, I included some faulty/incomplete logic that are admittedly "cringe" areas for Leeza hoping to shine light on why the argument is not sound.

Oh well.

Harmony FL
Username hidden
(192 posts)
Great irony, Goofball. Complain about being ridiculed for having differences, then ridicule as "weird" or "deviant" those who choose to participate more actively in a message board than you think someone should.

I'm not sure who your 4,000 post comment was about. The Leezas have over 5,000 total, and every one of them in this thread is filled with thoughtful, informative, non-controlling, and diplomatically expressed information and discussion. Everyone in the lifestyle should read their posts in this and related threads.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
It is often said misinformation and poor logic is commonly spread through the lifestyle. I agree such things are potentially dangerous.

Please share some of the things you have heard and lets see if we can find the faults so corrected information backed by logic and statistics can begin to be spread.

Harmony FL
Username hidden
(192 posts)
And that's why I don't spend a lot of time in this particular forum...

Lakeside CA
Username hidden
(17357 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   71 to 80 of 134   End
TOPIC: Using statistics for risk reduction