Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Safe Sex Using statistics for risk reduction
TOPIC: Using statistics for risk reduction
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   51 to 60 of 134   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Fun_Ahoy,

My comment about bigotry can probably best be explained by a quote from NicAtNight:

"Calling someone stupid just incites anger and retaliation. There are those who are intolerant of people who go bareback and those who are intolerant of the superior attitude of condom users."

Harmony FL
Username hidden
(192 posts)
"Bullying screamers like AkronNoFunTimes take the fun out for us completely."

AFT is a pompous blowhard who seldom really knows what he is talking about. Even when he does, most his posts are designed as trolling, and not serious in any way...

And I say that despite my opinion that he is a decent guy...

If you take someone like AFT seriously, it is my opinion that you may lack the maturity to be on the internet in the first place.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17378 posts)
Sincere Apologies to Leeza. You have over 5200 posts. There is somebody else with over 4800 post and my statement was and still is for them.

We always respect other peoples opinion, we expect the same in return and don't want some useless low-life and arrogant name-calling.

We were quite interested in this forum since there is a lot of useful information but decided to never participate again.

Bullying screamers like AkronNoFunTimes take the fun out for us completely. @ANFT save your hateful remarks to our post. It is the last 1 anyway.

Happy swinging to anybody.

P.S. Thank you to the people who send us personal emails about this thread. It was very encouraging to get support.

Riverside CA
Username hidden
(23 posts)
Just wanted to post that we really enjoy civil discourse about this subject. It is a very interesting subject.

What drives us away are the ignorant, abusive and arrogant posts. I really didn't appreciate that we were called opinionated airheads, because, yes, we have more than 4800 posts. To me that is both an ignorant and abusive post. Both of us post, and have been posting for more than 2 years. One of us is retired, and we from time to time enjoy reading and posting. And that makes us opinionated airheads that aren't real swingers???? We don't appreciate being thrown under that same bus.

Anyway, we don't hate anyone that doesn't use a condom for penetration. We can certainly enjoy an online friendship, or real-life one, with people who don't use condoms. Based on our risk tolerance level however, we won't have sex with you (and of course there are other factors such as mutual chemistry). We have reviewed a lot of the statistics and have made our decisions. The statistics support that using condoms reduces the risk of STDs and that oral sex without protection is far less of a risk than any kind of penetration without a condom. We do realize that there is a risk in swinging. Part of our risk management philosophy includes getting to know the folks we eventually have sex with pretty damn well - in addition to requiring condom use. We ask a lot of questions and over time, we find out a lot about the other person/couple and what their swinging philosophy is.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6973 posts)
"back it up with statistical evidence to support the claims."

It appears to me that Leeza has done considerable research, applied sound analysis, and arrived at decisions that are good for them. If other people want to accept a higher level of risk, that is their choice. We all have different levels of risk aversion, to lots of things. Personally, I'm not risk averse by nature, once I feel confident that I have the facts and understand the consequences. I've made many investment decisions that carried substantial risk. You win some bets, you lose some.

I don't understand the comment about bigotry though.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
By all means, show what different risks are and what things people can consider to reduce the risk. But here is the part that drives it home, back it up with statistical evidence to support the claims.

That was the point of the thread... People can believe all kinds of things that may or may not be true. So, back it up.

Without creditable resources to review, words on a screen is going to do nothing to change someone's position.

Whatever, have fun. The largest take away from this thread is bigotry is thriving on this forum.

Harmony FL
Username hidden
(192 posts)
So after you have done everything you can to reduce the risk and reality STILL bites you we promise all these cavalier attitudes go out the window. Because reality is some things stay with you for life, or worse. The feelings of shame and disapointment are heavy and for some never go away.wondering how single people or even couples who may find themselves single someday ... Do or will cope with living everyday with something, how does one begin a relationship carrying this burden.we have met, talked, emailed with many many couples like us who all have relayed these thoughts to us. We now deal with Herpes very well, we know we are fortunate to not have received hsv2 or hiv or something else that will not go away with a prescription. But when we read these statements about oh well theres risk in everything. Or we'll do what ever we can to reduce risk and thats all we can do etc ... We just shake our heads cuz we WERE those people till reality bit us in the ass. So the question you SHOULD ask yourselves is .. Are we really ready to accept, deal with and live with this if it happens to us? Maybe thats the best layer of protection you can apply.. Reality.And yes we are still here playing , honestly, and more educated , we love the LS like all of you and we know how powerful it can be. Just food for thought.. Play safe, enjoy , be smart.

Indianapolis IN
Username hidden
(25 posts)
@AkronNoFunTimes: Did you mean "astute" asute ain't no word....................

Riverside CA
Username hidden
(23 posts)
Well, I suppose there is some degree of imprudence in swinging with multiple partners, just as there is some degree of imprudence in venturing out onto the highways. But since I do choose to drive a car, I think it's more prudent to do it soberly, at a reasonable speed, keep a good lookout, and buckle my seatbelt.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Implement the wisdom...

Multiple sex partners vastly increases risk = imprudent

Therefore,

Swingers = imprudent/foolish/stupid

Become prudent everyone -- stop swinging

Thanks, Fun_Ahoy, for that useful contribution.

Class dismissed

Harmony FL
Username hidden
(192 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   51 to 60 of 134   End
TOPIC: Using statistics for risk reduction