Using statistics for risk reduction : Swingers Discussion 1937051041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexUsing statistics for risk reduction
TOPIC: Using statistics for risk reduction
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 134   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"Evaluating all behaviors of potential playmates for risk assessment you feel is "foolish reasoning?"

YES. You would only be fooling yourself that you could actually do it. You'd need 100% honesty, perfect judgement and much time. You really can only evalute SOME of the behaviors.

Determining your risk acceptance level is nothing more than playing the odds you are comfortable with.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16728 posts)
Care, Maybe I did paint with too broad a brush, and I certainly didn't make my hypothetical very clear. Let me try again.

A couple with a very attractive wife contacted me recently to express interest. We traded a couple of emails, opened private pics for each other, and talked a little about what we like and dislike. All good so far. Over the weekend we trade more emails in which, for the first time, they tell me she likes creampies and only plays bareback. They have several certs from the past few months. I've got to assume she has barebacked men who are okay with barebacking; each of those men have certs too, so I have no idea how many people in the bareback chain I might be mixing it up with.

Let's say there is a different couple who state in their profile that condoms are required. Their certs are from people who stress safe sex. They re-iterate that in their emails, and when we meet for the first playdate(s) condoms are used without exception.

Hypothetically, if you were going to bareback at all, which one of those couples would be closer to your comfort zone? Maybe it's pointless to talk about; I was just noting the irony.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10769 posts)
Perfect,

Evaluating all behaviors of potential playmates for risk assessment you feel is "foolish reasoning?"

Harmony FL
Username hidden
(192 posts)
"I can not agree with that. There are way too many other factors. It is likely many condom only couples feel testing is less important because they play "safe" and not test often if at all. A bareback couple may play with only 1 or 2 couples a year. Evaluating all behaviors of potential playmates I think would give a better measure of risk."

While that MIGHT be true in a particular instance, it would be foolish to use the above reasoning in risk assesment.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(16728 posts)
And yes. We realize condoms are not 100%. Everyone will have a story of someone who got an std with a condom.

Just the same as seatbelts in cars. Everyone will have a story of an accident that someone would not have survived if they were wearing a seatbelt.

But if 1 in 1000 condoms fail to prevent, or 1 in 1000 accidents are you better without a seatbelt........We're not going to live the edge...lol

Mount Juliet TN
Username hidden
(663 posts)
Its very simple. We are all having sex with strangers who have their own lives that we have not been a part of.

We can only go by what people tell us and hope that its honest.

People lie on the internet. Its a fact. Whether its posting pics "before having 3 kids" or bi men listed as straight. You can look at any profile almost and find something thats been "polished up" a bit.

Dabbling in this lifestyle for years we have found that people who think to or actually plan on using condoms are in the minority. Almost everyone on here claims 100% condoms.

When we get in the bedroom we find most try to throw that out the window.

We go to swinger clubs. We dont play with others there but love to watch and have sex ourselves with an audience. Everytime we go we see couples pick up single men, or strangers hookup, and its extremely rare to see anyone use a condom.

Yet if you asked any of them online if they go to swingers clubs and bareback strangers..........What do you think they would say?

We know anytime we meet someone, that we may be meeting those people. They may have just left a bareback gangbang the night before.

So we insist on condoms. We love playing with others and love this lifestyle and probably will do it forever. Nothing could take an activity that we love and turn it into a lifetime of regret as a momentary lack of judgement and an STD for life.

Its just not worth it.

Mount Juliet TN
Username hidden
(663 posts)
Fun_Ahoy,

If I am understanding correctly, you are claiming a barebacker would be safer trying to find and have sex with condom only couples because bareback couples would be more likely to have an STD. Is that your claim?

I can not agree with that. There are way too many other factors. It is likely many condom only couples feel testing is less important because they play "safe" and not test often if at all. A bareback couple may play with only 1 or 2 couples a year. Evaluating all behaviors of potential playmates I think would give a better measure of risk.

There are just way to many variables to paint with a broad brush.

Harmony FL
Username hidden
(192 posts)
It's cum

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(4892 posts)
It's pee.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(4892 posts)
Care, if any of my comments sounded superior or holier than thou, I didn't intend them that way. Everyone should make their own decisions.

Here's an irony: If anyone is willing to play without condoms, I would think the last person with whom you would consider doing that, would be a person who says from the start they prefer bareback. On the other hand, someone who insists on condoms and makes that a priority, would be more likely to be a safe play partner for bareback. Does that make any sense?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10769 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 134   End
TOPIC: Using statistics for risk reduction