Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Safe Sex Using statistics for risk reduction
TOPIC: Using statistics for risk reduction
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 134   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"We have it in our profile, so I am not sure what there is to man up to? Have I not? "

Good for you. Honesty is the best. You seem to be trying so hard to convince people that your decision is based on something other than your own preferece and risk tolerance.

"As to your points, would that not be a hypothesis until a study is done to support the claim? "

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Ya, it's a hypothesis....THE ONLY LOGICAL ONE, until a study is done. That's no reason to ignore the data we do have and make sound, common sense judgements based on that data.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17462 posts)
Perfect,

We have it in our profile, so I am not sure what there is to man up to? Have I not?

As to your points, would that not be a hypothesis until a study is done to support the claim?

Harmony FL
Username hidden
(192 posts)
"Bottom line there is no way whatsoever to go by statistics in this lifestyle."

That's ridiculous. If you elimate high risk people you lower your risk. Yes, some are going to be liars, and some high risk people have no STDs. That has NOTHING to do with the proper use of STATISTICS to evaluate risk.

If you, or Eric, think you're capable of deteriming individual behavior from a prospective play partner, along with the risk they have, that you've known for a month or two then your fooling yourselves.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17462 posts)
"Stating that swingers which claim to be condom only are lower risk than swingers that state they bareback is a rationalIzation. "

It's not a rationalization, it's a generalization....which is what statistics do.

Those that claim to always use condoms and are honest are lower risk. Those that lie are higher risk. Those that use condoms sometimes are still lower risk than those who don't use them at all.

These are GENERALIZATION. You can't base risk on individuals. The CDC is the only reliable data we have. Just because the CDC data is incomplete doesn't mean you ignore it....unless you choose to be irresponsible.

Eric - you're smart enough to know all this. Quit trying to talk yourself into your position. Just man up and say that you're OK with the risk.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17462 posts)
Fun_Ahoy

Your hypotheticals are interesting, in my opinion, primarily because trying to answer them requires some rationalization. CDC does not break down "swingers" so statistically I think the risk according to the CDC would be the same.

If the couple is condom always, but will make an "exception" with you, I think you would have to ask yourself how many others have been given an "exception." To me, I would have more worry that STD testing claims being a lie from that couple than one which admits honestly to barebacking.

Let me toss one back. Do you worry that someone HIV positive rationalizes that as long as they maintain a 100% condom policy they can play safely?

Harmony FL
Username hidden
(192 posts)
Its simple. Require condom use and most, not all, but most risk for anything becomes a non issue.

Taking anybodys word for anything in this lifestyle is foolish.

We've seen men and couples with straight profiles on this site that use the same pics posting on craigslist looking for anonymous bareback cum loads from gay men.

By far the highest risk activity you can possibly engage in.

Yet as long as he claims to be straight on this site, couples with the "no bi men" rule will hookup with him.

Then top off how many couples who bareback will let this "straight" guy bareback with them? Bottom line there is no way whatsoever to go by statistics in this lifestyle.

Im a bi guy who shares a little oral in couple activity. A statistically low risk activity. Yet some couples would avoid playing with me for that reason.

With the click of a mouse, I could become straight, and not have a problem.

Why take a chance?

Mount Juliet TN
Username hidden
(663 posts)
Unfortunately, many more studies are needed to provide statistics which are correctly unknown.

Stating that swingers which claim to be condom only are lower risk than swingers that state they bareback is a rationalIzation.

I have yet to see CDC do a study to support the claim.

Now you can state that requiring condoms for YOUR play lowers your risk of contracting an STD that a playmate MIGHT have. There is statistical evidence to back that claim up.

Harmony FL
Username hidden
(192 posts)
This subject only becomes complex when people are trying to rationalize their risk. They start quoting sources other than the CDC and they try to look at specific instances instead of the general population. That's not risk analysis.

People beat the odds all the time. If you think you can beat them then go for it.

I think I used up most my luck when my wife said she'd marry me.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17462 posts)
I don't care how anyone fucks, or who they fuck.

This really isn't a complex subject. Go to the CDC and see what they categorize as High risk activity. Make a decision as to how much you want to limit your risk.

We try to the best of ability to rule out having sex with anyone that engages in those high risk activities (except swinging lol). We insist on condoms just incase we're being lied to.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17462 posts)
Odds are that people aren't 100% honest. Odds are that swingers who go bareback fuck mostly other swingers that go bareback. Odds are that condom users are lower risk than non condom users. Odds are tha using a condom will protect you more than not using one.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17462 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 134   End
TOPIC: Using statistics for risk reduction