Telling others I have HPV : Swingers Discussion 679401031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexTelling others I have HPV
TOPIC: Telling others I have HPV
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 42   End
User Details are only visible to members.
unfortunately, having protected sex is stil no guarantee you won't get it, it will keep you from getting the cervical type but won't completely protect against HPV as it can happen just from skin on skin contact, such as the labia majora (outer lips) a condom does nothing if you get it there.

New Castle PA
Username hidden
(171 posts)
Question....why would anyone choose to have unprotected sex at all????

South Amboy NJ
Username hidden
(12 posts)
The reality is almost every sexully active person at one point or another has had the human papiloma virus. Most people are not aware they even have it. It usually runs its course in around 6 weeks. It IS a virus after all. While HPV is classified as a sexually transmitted disease, it is the exact same thing that causes worts anywhere on the human body. So, be forewarned the next time you not only have sex, but have someone's fingers in your naughty places. One of the bad things about HPV is there are many many variants of it. What they don't even tell you about the new vaccine is it only protects against the most common forms that cause cervical cancer, not ALL the forms that cause cervical cancer and certainly no where near all the forms that cause worts in general, genital locations or otherwise.

M

New Castle PA
Username hidden
(171 posts)
It's true that most adults have had HPV at one time or another, and that it most often just goes away on its own. HPV is NOT forever, like herpes or HIV. It's a temporary phenomenon and even if you are with someone who has HPV at the time, condoms will almost eliminate your chances of acquiring it. But the odds are strong you've already had it yourself, or even have it now without being aware of it.

Mischief's advice should be carefully read and understood. She is a professional in this field, aside from her personal experience.

So hang your condoms by the chimney with care this Christmas!

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
"is it honorable for you to have unprotected sex KNOWING you have what is a potentially fatal virus

NO one suggest having unprotected sex. Please reread the posts again.

HPV is not a fatal virus in 99+% of cases. It's only the women who don't get regular PAPs that have to worry about cervical cancer. It's not HIV. It's the common wart virus. Swingers are some of the most tested folks. Therefore, I'm not advocating passing on a FATAL virus.. Talk about a misunderstanding.

Additionally, the virus clears the body in the majority of cases. i.e.: The virus is NOT LONGER PRESENT.

Suggest The American Social Health Association's web page for more accurate info.

Personally, Jay needs to get vaccinated for Hep B. So does any other sexually active person who has not had the series yet. They are giving it to kids to catch them before they become adults.

Of course you are new and want a perfect world, there isn't one. Folks who have gang bangs, multipartner sex are at risk for all sorts of things. It's just the way it is.

I tend to weigh risks. HPV is WAY DOWN on my worry level. Things like herpes are farther up the food chain. Then Hep B.

Curable infections can render women sterile! That I would worry more about if I was not finished having children yet.

Instead or reacting to what YOU THINK I said. Make sure you are reading correctly and educate yourself about the REAL risks. I have been trying to do just that in this forum for years.

Mischief has her hep B shots.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Hey all, I'm sorry if Jay seems harsh. Its just that he, as I, are responsible people and get kind of upset when people tend to act in an irresponsible manner. We have nothing against you at all. However, I have a question that I would like for you to answer me. We have 3 children. I want you to tell me how it is honorable for you to have unprotected sex KNOWING you have what is a potentially fatal virus. For me its no big issue, because I have received the 3 series Hep B vaccination. However, Jay has not. So, you knowingly have sex with him unprotected, knowing you have a virus that is highly contagious. To me that is just criminal. There is no excuse you can give me that justifies this behavior, and the there is no such thing as a free lunch just does not cut it. Yes, this is a risk. Yes, you have to be smart and picky with who you play with. But what you are advising is criminal in my eyes. In all true honesty, if I were your play partner and I read your post I would be at the health clinic tomorrow morning getting tested for something I potentially may have. I'm NOT saying you have anything. But your post tells me that if you do you would still have sex bareback, KNOWING or not knowing. I'm sorry, but that is NOT honor. That is putting my life, my husband's life, my children's lives, and my play partners lives at serious jeapordy. Hep B especially is highly dangerous, and extremely hard to kill. And most times you find out that you have it when your liver starts failing. I'm NOT trying to bash you or make you feel bad. But please, be more responsible. See, us experienced swingers have to be mindful of the advise we give to others. Newbies that are just learning about the lifestyle could really make some poor choices based on our advice. Thanks, Shelly

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
I guess, maybe I am just too new at this. I get checked out regularly by the doctor just to know that I am in a clean bill of health. Open honesty with play partners is what I expect. I am forward in asking before we even meet that they are in a clean bill of health. No matter they also could be just telling a lie also. I am just passing on my expectations when we meet a play partner. I would like to know if you might have anything that I could get or pass on to others. I want to enjoy this lifestyle not be victim or a carrier. Never the less there is a risk in anything we do. Just how much are you willing to risk...

Jay

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
Jay:

I had HPV a 1/4 century ago!!! It's not relevant today. Also, you have no idea how I conduct MY PRIVATE BUSINESS. Let's just say you don't know. I am honorable and have integrity. There are plenty of folks on here who KNOW that.

I have never had anyone ask me anything about potential problems while in a club. I have not asked them. Therefore I get what I get. I'm not asking for squeaky clean partners....There is no such thing. There is NO free lunch. I merely bag them. That's much better than the 70's when we all barebacked.

Being a female my body is much more open to disease than you are. It's your wife that takes the hit. Be careful how much you protest. There is NO free lunch. There are many folks who have viruses and don't know it. You are at risk either way.

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
That is plain fucking horrible to hear about no free lunch. Only tell them if they ask, that is just plain horrible!!! That's just same chance of having HIV and saying oh well we all are going to die. That is rude inconsiderate and just plain fucking horrible. You are going to even going to give the person the chance to make up their own mind. This what I think that gives the lifestyle a bad name. Hell if you know you got some kind of problem going on with your body have the goddamn common courtesy to let others make up their mind. Not after sex say oh yeah I have HPV or some other kind of crap. RUDE is what I think selfish bastards.......

Jay

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
The body usually clears the HPV virus over time. The majority of sexually active adults have had it. If every woman who has ever had a grade 3 pap test or overt cancer of the cervix disclosed a possible HPV infection...there would be no lifestyle.

I suggest waiting until the doctor gives you the all clear sign and then using condoms. The only folks you need to tell are the ones who ask. There is no free lunch when swinging.

Mischief (had HPV induced cervical cancer 30 years ago w/ clean paps since. Condoms help me not get it again.)

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 42   End
TOPIC: Telling others I have HPV