Telling others I have HPV : Swingers Discussion 679401021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexTelling others I have HPV
TOPIC: Telling others I have HPV
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   21 to 30 of 42   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Mr. Care...waves...

This one isn't worth arguing with. They are not reality based. After all he speaks out of both sides of his mouth. They are not in the lifestyle...but still get tested???? yeah right.

I know you to be educated on the RELATIVE risks of the various infections. The problem here is lack of education. All things that go bump in the night are worth getting upset about. Heck. Some things are mere annoyances. Serious things like HepB don't get the real play they deserve because of undereducated, reactive, pompous folks beat their chest about relatively mild infections.

I had grade 5 CIN in situ about 3 years after starting college. I had it removed. It's never bothered me again. That was almost 30 years ago. The reality is that most folks acquire HPV as a youth. Girls need frequent every 3-6 month check ups NOT because of HPV, but because of clamydia which can render them sterile.

Let this one continue to make semi-educuated book knowledge noise about infections, that while sometimes serious, are not the only or worse game in town. I would be more careful as a young woman to avoid the CURABLE infections that can render you sterile. Clamydia, GC.

Where is the rant about Hep B? That's worth getting upset about. There a vaccine for it. Get it.

E, the lady and I will be down your way in a couple months. We would love to see you and your lady.

Hugs,

Dr. Mischief, Pharm.D

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Usually the first hint that the female is a carrier of HPV is a pap test coming back with atypical cells. They don't know why the cells are atypical... but they conclude that it's because of HPV. Just something a woman needs to stay aware of when she is having check ups. Most sexually active adults have been exposed to it and yes most females contract it during their 20's in college. Telling others you are a carrier of HPV would be as common as a person tell people they are carrying chickenpox (most of us are) since we had it has a kid and it lingers in the body the rest of your life - ready to pop up as shingles in your adult life... or then again you may never get shingles.

Mountain Ranch CA

Username hidden
(8696 posts)
The truth is everybody's got it. Some just don't know it. That's the truth. 80% of the NORMAL population. Swingers are higher yet. Just another cost of doing business. I'm not going to rewrite what I posted. The bottom line is condoms and getting tested. That's the drill.

Trying to think of something I haven't done with humans. Ah yes, puppy piles. I don't do puppy piles. I max out at 3 partners at a time.

Waves at TT. Still working on the homestead. Forums haven't changed. Folks still worried about something they caught in college. ;) Enjoying the car. Smiling at the idea folks are honest. Some are...always. Most are not.

Mischief. been there, caught that, had it lasered out 28 years ago.

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
HPV is not even CLOSE to HIV in seriousness. You need more facts. We do agree on one thing. You should stay home. Apparently any risk is too much for you.

Mischief.

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
A diagnosis of HPV just means now you know you have it. Most, more than half of the adult, sexually active population has HPV. So every person who swings should assume you have it. Only recently has the diagnosis become easy enough to start becoming routine.

Many viruses infect the body permanently, in that every virus particle is not eliminated. The immune system keeps most viruses in check and sometimes undectable. Chicken pox is one that you live with your entire life. Many people are positive for many viruses without ever knowing it. It is the norm. HPV is the norm.

Four variants of the many HPV variants out there are linked to cervical cancer. Linked and assumed to cause, not proven to cause, cervical cancer. That is the reason for the vacinations, to vacinate against those variants, not all variants. Having one of those four variants increases your risk of cervical cancer, they do not make it anywhere near certain.

The tests do not necessarily test for all variants. So because you test negative does not mean you're negative for every variant. Assume you are positive for at least one variant because most people are. I'm positive for chicken pox because I had it as a child. HPV is a normal part of life.

Enosburg Falls VT

Username hidden
(970 posts)
Not necessarily! The HPV variants that can cause abnormal paps and then cervical cancer are much more long lived. It can take awhile before they start causing enough damage to be detected. Which is why there are stages. To go from just an abnormal pap to full blown cancer isn't over night. So you could have gotten it from someone a couple years before.

New Castle PA

Username hidden
(171 posts)
Excellent post. Many people do not understand what HPV is. the internet makes it sound like an STD so we go off the deep end. HPV is the warning to check regularly with pap smears. Any woman who has had a "bad" pap knows how her mind can spin in 100 different directions on what it could be. Could be a vaginal infection that has not been treated or HPV, anything can cause bad pap results. I had a long talk with an ob-gyn about HPV. she explained that most of the time our bodies clear up the virus on it's own. The worry comes from it becoming cervical cancer, which is something we'd rather not deal with. However, it's like prostate cancer, we have to face it and deal with it head on. Over 50% of women who have had more than 1 sexual partner is likely to have HPV. Our wonderful bodies heal this up without us even knowing about it. Don't stress about it and use condoms 100% of the time. Get tested every 6 months and have paps regularly. Just my 2 cents. MrsLusty

Hopkins MN

Username hidden
(61 posts)
Condoms will lower the risk of getting the couple of types of HPV that cause cervical cancer, but even that isn't 100%. Unfortunately exposue is a risk. Hence, the importance of regular pap tests.

Buffalo NY

Username hidden
(10 posts)
Actually, I wasn't only referring to using condoms to prevent the risk of HPV but all the other diseases that can be transmitted and other STD's.

South Amboy NJ

Username hidden
(12 posts)
Even so...still my question is why have unprotected sex? Even if its not 100% effective...why change that percentage? I don't get it.

South Amboy NJ

Username hidden
(12 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   21 to 30 of 42   End
TOPIC: Telling others I have HPV