Telling others I have HPV : Swingers Discussion 679401011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexTelling others I have HPV
TOPIC: Telling others I have HPV
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   11 to 20 of 42   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I agree with D&J...I do not think most people know their HPV status in the first place. In my opinion if you know you are communicable with this YES I feel it is my right to know. Yes. Its like having herpes and not telling me because you don't think you are having an outbreak right now....if I find out afterwards that you knew and kept this from me I think I'd have an attitude about it. Diabetes, heart disease, those are genetic/lifestyle issues that I cannot get from you. However, when my body is involved yes, I feel that it is a responsible adult's duty to inform me. I'm that way with smoking as well. If you are going to smoke near me I do appreciate being asked if I mind first....I do have to breathe air after all. Shell

San Marcos TX
Username hidden
(23995 posts)
"It's time we understood the nature or our beast."

I am the WALRUS!!!! ROFL

Jim

South Riding VA
Username hidden
(8172 posts)
Most people don't know their herpes or HPV status. So they can't tell you the truth because they simply don't know. All of us should assume we have herpes and HPV because that is the norm. The whole question is mute because we all have it. If you have signs of an infection, you shouldn't play until it clears, just as if you have signs of a cold or the flu, you shouldn't play till it clears. They are all common viruses.

Our bodies take care of many viral infections, often by neutralizing them, if not eliminating them. Chickenpox, in the herpes family of viruses, does not get eliminated from the body and can revive in later years as shingles. We do not live pure lives as either infected or not infected. We instead have many resident viruses just as we have resident bacteria in our intestines. As humans we are living, breathing, hosts of many organisms. It's time we understood the nature or our beast.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
"Now you have a "sometimes legal" & more often moral obligation to tell all your past sex partners and any future sex partners of the risk the face in sleeping with you."

This simply isn't true. Let's say you develop a secondary herpes lesion, genitally. This would be just like a ton of vanilla folks. Exactly who would you tell from your past?? The correct answer would be no one.

Why? Because there is NO way to tell who gave it to you or when. You could have been carrying it for 30 years from that prom date. The same with HPV. How the hell would you know who to tell?? I don't even remember the names of many of those people. Did I even get their name? not always.

Regarding current people. So I had HPV induced CIN-5 somewhere around 1980. I have had clean paps since then. So I should warn them about a virus that cleared my body 3 decades ago?? yeah right. Hell, you and I both know they have already been exposed and more recently.

Same with Herpes. Unless there is a primary case, there is no ability to know from where it came. I assume risk every time I enter my car. Therefore I put on my seat belt. I assume risk every time I spread my legs. I assume the risk. I don't believe folks will tell the truth if I ask them about current/past sexual health. Therefore I never ask. I look for the signs and symptoms and act accordingly.

I can't imagine a judge awarding any swinging couple damages for catching an STD in this lifestyle. Why? Because that's what keeps most folks home. You got what you deserved...would most likely be the final ruling.

M.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
"What makes the issue confusing: Women's bodies very often CLEAR an HPV infection on their own, without lasting harm, but it can take a year. The younger the woman, the more likely that HPV is going to be transient."

This is why I don't recommend telling folks you ONCE HAD an HPV infection. It's past tense...meaning gone.

The other reason is because they already have it. It's just that way. I have had no cervical issues since I was 22. That means ancient history. Should I also tell them I have had chicken pox, the mumps and the like...no because virtually everyone has had them too..

Just my take...You decide,

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
more new info...

"For now, a new trend is the Pap-plus — both a Pap and an HPV test — to improve screening accuracy. But government researchers issued a caution this month: Nearly one in 10 women over age 30 who get the combo test learns they have HPV even though their Paps show no cancer or even precancerous cells. They'll need repeat checkups, and maybe more in-depth testing, to tease out who's really at risk.

What makes the issue confusing: Women's bodies very often CLEARr an HPV infection on their own, without lasting harm, but it can take a year. The younger the woman, the more likely that HPV is going to be transient.

"One HPV test does not tell you very much. Two consecutive HPV tests are what you need," says Debbie Saslow of the American Cancer Society, who fields phone calls from women frightened by the test mismatch." From Yahell..

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
There is a test that can show if a woman has HPV and can tell which grade of HPV she is carrying because my sis-in-law has it and I was there with her when she was given her results. HPV tests are not done automatically. You must request it when doing a PAP test and it is a seperate slide and dip test. Doc told her she was positive for the high grade which is known to cause cervical cancers and not positive for low grade which causes gential warts.

Elm Grove WV
Username hidden
(3 posts)
As a medical professional, I'd recommend not boinking anyone if you know you have an STD that hasn't been treated/cured or is not yet in remission. Condoms do not affectively prevent many of the STD's out there and the population at large is relatively uninformed about transmission.

The issue is if you come in contact with ANY mucous membrane you are at risk. That means the mouth, the anus, the vagina, or penis. Oral sex counts as putting you at risk, so if it isn't wrapped you shouldn't put your mouth on it unless you really trust the person/people in question.

Testing is a touchy issue. Probably because once you are tested, and you know you have something, your life changes. Now you have a "sometimes legal" & more often moral obligation to tell all your past sex partners and any future sex partners of the risk the face in sleeping with you. BUT if you aren't tested and DON'T KNOW... well then that makes it all better doesn't it? I mean nobody can sue you for damages if they can't point the finger at you as to why they can never have a child or developed cervical cancer (depending on what disease they are given).

We saw an analogy saying driving in traffic was dangerous but we do it anyway. Touche' we do drive in traffic. But we don't drive drunk, on the wrong side of the road, talking on a cell phone all while not wearing a seatbelt going 90mph. Unprotected sex with people you don't know is just that... pretty reckless with your health. We're NOT judging, hell we swing too. We're just saying at least buckle up and try not to drive too drunk ;) And if you do, don't be upset when you catch something that pharmacueticals can't cure.

We think the point was that we all run risks and we can't run from them. And to that end, the people on here are right on. You could die tomorrow, but then again, why tempt fate? Please be safe out there.

Also, from the posts it sounds like some people get tested every 6 months or so. Congratulations! Early detection of problems makes treatment significantly more effective. Oh, and another poster was definitely on the mark, diseases can lay dormant without any indication they are there for years. And blood tests aren't the end all-be all of STD tests. Get smeared as well. Oh and read up on lab errors and some other lovely things. You want to know what the difference between detection and non-detection often is? A few points on whatever metric they are using to gauge a disease. The absence of evidence does not equate to the evidence of absence.

BTW, kudos to you for not burning others. It's a very common disease and when I worked in family practice we saw it often. I will say that I am uncertain of HPV causing prostate cancer, but there are other markers out there for it. Has he ever done steroids? Is there a family tendency for it? Does he use a lot of tobacco? All of these things can lead to it. Where his PSA's off the chart? We'll be sure to pray for him. It is not an easy thing to live with, but with early detection and treatment most of the time there is a great deal of hope of recovery.

Hugs,

Rhonda and Tom

Chesterbrook PA
Username hidden
(13 posts)
HPV - an STD that is highly contagious and can be spread to individuals who wear latex condoms. Here is a link to the Center for Disease Control - cdc.gov/std/HPV/STDFact-HPV.htm#symptoms

We as owners of a Private Club want lifestylers to be homest with themselves and others if they are infected. We believe that everyone must be honest with respect to infections and everyone should always err in the side of safety. Safe Sex Always!!!

Love in the Lifestyle - RK & Kitty

Columbus OH
Username hidden
(236 posts)
Chances I think you are really missing the point here. Simple fact is this YOU have to take responsibilty for YOUR own safety and not rely the partners you play with to be honest with you on what they may have or not. Maybe your potential partners do not even know themselves. The highway is also a dangerous place but do you still drive?

Rumford ME
Username hidden
(130 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   11 to 20 of 42   End
TOPIC: Telling others I have HPV