Swinger Insurance : Swingers Discussion 204463
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexSwinger Insurance
TOPIC: Swinger Insurance
Created by: fingerfuxs
Original Starting post for this thread:
Does your insurance policy cover STD testing? Better yet do you confine in your physician or gyn about your extramarital activity's.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
There are exceptions to doctor-patient confidentiality, such as if the doctor determines that you are carrying a communicable disease (e.g., HIV or tuberculosis). In cases like this, for the purpose of protecting the public health, you can expect the doctor to report you to your county board of health. Terms and conditions may vary, but there are scenarios that can publicly out you.

Read this, for example:

www dot quora dot c om slash Confidentiality slash What-are-key-exceptions-to-doctor-patient-confidentiality

So, yes, the doctor can be expected to be discrete about your tests, but you are probably on their watch list. Should anything come back positive, you should expect your name to be shared with your county's health department.

The most privacy oriented means of STD testing that I am aware of is some of the anonymous STD services that are available online and cash only. You just have to make sure that there is a draw site there in your state. Maryland recently passed legislation say something to the effect that "unless you have a place of business here in MD, you cannot use labs in MD as draw sites". A number of other states have followed suit. That is a pain in the neck.

Hope that this helps.

Daniels MD
Username hidden
(346 posts)
You most certainly should tell your doctors, all of them. They are bound by law (and hippocratic oath) to keep your dirty little secret ;-) and if there are ANY potential health risks, aside from the obvious, they NEED to know. Generally, keeping anything that could even remotely relate to health from your doctor is a BAD idea! Feel embarrassed about it? Get over it!

Lake Forest CA
Username hidden
(18 posts)
Both my regular doctor and my Gyn know... and I've asked both for full testing. My GYN even added some STD testing to my annual Pap saying that a couple of the tests show up better on that then through blood work. All clear ;-)

Visalia CA
Username hidden
(4185 posts)
"He has ground all my teeth down to blunt little stubs ..."

Wow, that's dedication to a good cause! You shoulda been a writer, rdy123

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
"Does your insurance policy cover STD testing?"

Yes, All I have to do is call in for the full panel and head to the lab. Its very easy/convenient, so I do it regularly like clockwork.

"Better yet do you confine in your physician or gyn about your extramarital activity's."

Well, I'm not married, but yes, my doctor knows about what I do.

Emeryville CA
Username hidden
(12208 posts)
Our doctors know.

Toledo OH
Username hidden
(1430 posts)
** thread footnote** Posters **please ** remember that there are vanilla wafers and peeping toms lurking. With good information you could turn one and be their maker :)

We have more then multiple partner sex ,fetish play and cookies here on the dark side. We also have caring intel for you to make good choices :) should you decide to get into the game.

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3898 posts)
Does your insurance policy cover STD testing? Better yet do you confine in your physician or gyn about your extramarital activity's.

Buford GA
Username hidden
(3898 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Swinger Insurance