Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Safe Sex › Safe oral sex
TOPIC: Safe_oral_sex
Created by: TB4BLE
Original Starting post for this thread:
What are the concerns and issues and risks, and how common are STDs in giving and receiving oral sex ?

1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 11
User Details are only visible to members.
Thank you for the good information and the time you spent.

Durham NC
Username hidden
(13 posts)
TB4,

I'm not going to dignify any insults that aren't even spelled correctly with a response but: I'm preachy? Really? You're the one who supposedly asked for information on risks associated with oral sex and then ignored it choosing rather to paint anyone engaging in this behavior (ie every swinger I have ever encountered save one who asked me to use a condom during oral sex) as being irresponsible. My advice to you is to give up on the lifestyle. Seriously. You seem way too risk averse.

I'm not going to take my time to compile and post the sort of statistical info I did in the HSV thread because, as others have pointed out, you can read it for yourself. But here's a quick overview in case you are actually interested. You can acquire and/or transmit the following through oral/genital contact: Chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, hpv, hsv1&2, hep A (generally involving anal/genital contact as well). Fortunately oral/genital transmission of hep B, hep C and HIV are fairly rare, though HSV infection increases the chance of transmission of HIV. Daily Valtrex significantly reduces viral shedding and transmission of HSV 2 but has no effect on viral shedding and consequently transmission of HSV 1. A two part immunization for hep B is available and confers significant protection. As NJNY and others pointed out, condoms and dental dams offer significant, but not perfect, protection against transmission of all of the above. Regular testing is a good way to educate oneself as to the risk you might pose to others. Most people in the lifestyle probably already know most of this.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2248 posts)
TB4;

you received candid and factual responses to your question(s).

i'll repeat what i said in summary: there really is no such thing as safe oral sex with people in OR out of the lifestyle. there is ONLY limiting your risk by using condoms & dental dams and / or, being very careful who your partners are, screening carefully.

remember that test results are only as good as the paper they're printed on because the holder of the results could have played after testing and caught something.

nobody dissed you but you sure came across as dissing and judging those of us who took the time to respond to you.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(17687 posts)
Hi current rider, thanks for responding but the thought that you can preach to us is very inappropriate and nieve. It's important to keep comments in a positive formate so we can all communicate and learn something. Do you tell everyone you meet with that " if you catch a disease from me, oh well we are swingers". As swingers we should work together to stop STD's -not spread them.

Durham NC
Username hidden
(13 posts)
Ahh....knew there had to be a point. Those of us who actually have sex with other people (ie swingers) are making unsafe choices. See the comment about driving in a car and add walking down the street...going g outside in the sun (skin cancer) etc.

You do know this is a swinger site, right?

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2248 posts)
We have had very few responses to a very important question. We have concluded that everyone is making a lot of foolish decisions and are afraid to face the subject and admit it. Good luck in staying disease free.

Durham NC
Username hidden
(13 posts)
"How about just a tiny break? :-)"

Yeah, I don't get the skepticism. Not every couple jumps into this with both feet. I've met plenty of couples who eased into it verrrry slowly and enjoyed every step down an erotic path; some stop after only a little step or two.  What is so hard to believe about that? 

To the OP, yes, there is always the chance of STD transmission via oral, just like there is always the chance of an auto accident if you ride in a car. Read through these forums (the posts by Leeza are particularly well-informed), or go to the CDC website for some pretty straightforward info. Then, just do whatever is within your comfort level, and don't let anyone else dictate to you what that is. 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(14142 posts)
giving the OP the benefit of the doubt---(1). go read the thread about swinging with herpes and/or HSV.

(2). there really isn't any such thing as safe oral sex. even with condoms and/or dental dams, saliva is still present around the region, and (for the giver of the oral) germs can still be present in the areas surrounding the...erm....main attractions.

(3). but you knew all of this already.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(17687 posts)
Now now... They are asking a question of oral sex and std associated risks. This is well within their scope of curiosity, given she hasn't had oral with anyone except her husband.

How about just a tiny break? :-)

Charles Town WV
Username hidden
(2961 posts)
what ron said.

Username hidden
(1719 posts)
1  2  Next »
1 to 10 of 11
TOPIC: Safe oral sex
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.