Safe Sex and Hot Tubs : Swingers Discussion 845191031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexSafe Sex and Hot Tubs
TOPIC: Safe Sex and Hot Tubs
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 47   End
User Details are only visible to members.
This is my first post and since we have had some experience in hot-tubs thought i would put in my 2 cents. unless the female can stay lubed underwater, it is really a time waster. you can do a knothole in a tree and get the same sensation. If i remember, lubes come in oil base and water base and if the female is like my wife oil can cause urinary problems, and if u use water based in a hot tub u r wasting ur time. Playing, teasing, flirting, and oral can be fun but anything else you should take it else where. For us the tub is relaxing and soothing and a prelude to better sex. Also from what i have read there is a chemical that can be put into a hot tub so u don't have to drain ur tub if there is any spillage.

Pueblo West CO
Username hidden
(2 posts)
maybe I'll even learn to spell it correctly ;) It's just not used much anymore. I recall an 86% rate of effectiveness. That's not nearly enough for me regarding preventing pregnancy. So we never recommended it alone, much to the chagrin of guys.

M. looked it up to see if the knowledge base had changed.. It really hasn't.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Web site.

www (dot) phac-aspc.gc.ca/publicat/epiu-aepi/hiv-vih/nonoxynol_e.html

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Taken together, the recent evidence is convincing that frequent use of N-9 does not reduce the risk of infection by HIV, and may in fact increase the risk by causing disruptions and lesions in the genital mucosal lining. There are currently few data available to address the question of whether these results also apply to situations in which the dosage and/or frequency of N-9 use is lower. WHO has stated that Nonoxynol-9 clearly does not prevent HIV infection and may even favour infection if used frequently.13

It is worth noting that the United States Food and Drug Administration has proposed new warning labels for over-the counter contraceptive drugs that contain this spermicide.19 The warning will state that these contraceptives do not protect against infection from HIV or other STDs. The proposed label warnings would also tell consumers that the use of these contraceptives can increase vaginal irritation, which may raise the risk of contracting HIV and other STDs.

Health Canada has never recommended N-9 on its own as an effective means of HIV prevention. Current assessment of the data indicates that:

N-9 should not be promoted as an effective means of HIV prevention. In particular, individuals who cannot use a condom for HIV prevention should not be counseled to use N-9 as an alternative. *

The best STD and HIV barrier is a latex condom without N-9. However, a condom lubricated with N-9 is probably better than no condom at all. The protection provided by the condom would appear to outweigh the potential risk of the N-9, at least of low frequency of use and dosage. *

If N-9 is used as an aid to contraception, its benefit should be carefully considered in light of the increased risk of genital lesions and the resulting potential for an increased risk of HIV transmission. Similar recommendations have been released from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the USA.20,21

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Regarding nonoxyonyl-9...it's been a fairly long time. 15+ years maybe. I remember thinking it would help prevent transfer. It breaks down membranes. Therefore it would break down HIV membranes. Someone found out that it broke down cellular membranes increasing the possibility of HIV transmission. That's when they removed it from the lube of condoms. I remember being very surprised about it. A lot of products started showing up.. nonoxyonyl removed...etc.

M.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Exactly!

Battle Ground WA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
simba,

I'll have sex with you any place you want to do it. Hot tubs are over-rated anyway.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Lucky you for finding guys that can do it in the hot tub. Water sports is not what it's cracked up to be for us. It's fun at first (20 mins) and then I can't think about anything but getting out!! The heat combined with the dryness it causes is not erotic in the least.....and being it would be in our hot tub... there is no way I would allow any kind of lube or additive in the water because that will mean we will have to completely drain the tub and refill it. Our tub is not used for full blown sex. So. if you are adding lubes... make sure you are in someone elses tub...... LOL!

Battle Ground WA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
wear a life vest and you should be ok in the hot tub.

Houston TX
Username hidden
(28 posts)
Wow, A thinking soul. Congrats right on the $. I did have a gf who stayed wet in water but.. not me.. I need the lube.

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Start   31 to 40 of 47   End
TOPIC: Safe Sex and Hot Tubs