STD tests : Swingers Discussion 80482101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexSTD tests
TOPIC: STD tests
Created by: two42lovers
Original Starting post for this thread:
This is something rarely discussed in the forums. We are curious about how often most people in the lifestyle are tested for STD? Where do you get your tests? Do you re-test based on how long since your last test, or how many partners? What would you do about telling your play partners if a test came back positive?

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I have no objection to testing. I just had my regular set of tests within the last 2 months. My point is that all that testing is worthless if you don't play safer. Super frequent testing provides a false sense of security. The reality is I go when I have symptoms. Ergo. If you have vaginal itching..you should get tested even if you just went last week.

When I barebacked in the 70's, I was a regular at the STD clinic. I seemed to always be picking up bacterial/clamydial infections. Hell, once I even got GC from my dear hubby when I was dating him. I well knew condoms=less problems, but we just didn't play that way back then.

Then HIV hit the fan. Things changed forever. Gay/bi male friends started dying slow rotten deaths. It was quite a few nail biting years until an effective HIV test came out. I've been a regular getting those since then.

So don't assume I'm not against testing. I'm not. It doesn't provide any protection it only tells history of encounters. And you ARE having sex with everyone I've had sex with when you do me. Better to bag it and be sure.

Mischief plays safer for a reason.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Have to say we don't understand some of these objections to STD testing. In our opinion, you haven't had sex with every partner they've had for 10 years, you've had sex with them. If you do not pick up an STD from them, then of course how many partners they've had doesn't matter. (Nor does it matter to your next partner - since you are clean.) If you are not tested and you pick up an STD - but don't know it - you could pass it to your playmates. (Using condoms is good, but it is still possible to pass an STD - for herpes and HPV, you can pass these even when condoms are used correctly.) Some/many STD are cureable - wouldn't you want to know you were infected so you could be treated?

Pismo Beach CA
Username hidden
(305 posts)
I recently got tested and came back clean as always. If you don't have insurance or a clinic, the full spectrum test for EVERYTHING runs about $2,000. My insurance isn't that great, so I pick up a few hundred worth of the bill, but it's worth it. An ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure.

Roselle Park NJ
Username hidden
(64 posts)
As usual I agree with Uriah. The reality is even if you just do one couple.. You have effectively had sex with everyone they have had sex with for the past 10 years. In other words, it's not how busy you are...it's how safe your interactions are.

M.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Thread moved here from Swinger Advice

Coral Springs FL
Username hidden
(12128 posts)
It's pretty hard to imagine a clean test "proving" you are STD free. Maybe if you've been celibate for months, and then test clean? In particular, HIV can take time to show up on a test after exposure - weeks or months, depending on the test you do. (But HIV is just about impossible to pass if you use condoms properly.) The purpose of testing is so you can be monitored and treated if needed. Syphilis, chlamydia, & gonorrhea are all completely curable, but will cause serious health problems if left untreated. How often to test is another question. We understand the annual approach for people who play very, very seldomly. What about people who play regularly?

Pismo Beach CA
Username hidden
(305 posts)
once a month? Are you kidding me? We get tested once a year at our annual hmo physical and always pratcie safe sex, excpet with each other. once a month?

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Hi, I'm very new at this and I was just wondering how you would "prove" to lets say a couple that you sere D&D free. Since it is only good to the next encouter, then what. I believe that once a month is good, but then there is a delay between the test and the results. What do you do about that? Also, what about the "certification" part. Any help you could give me about this I would be truly grateful. Thanks.

Titusville FL
Username hidden
(1 post)
We test twice yearly for the full spectrum of STD's, including HIV, whether or not we've been playing with anyone. We're not very active, though. Our average is one couple in a years time. If we play with three couples in a year it's a Very Active year for us. :-) We do play bareback, but will use condoms if necessary. Our tests are all done at a nearby military base that we have access to, being retired military. We did use the free clinic once and had no problems at all with it except for their being a bit preachy about non-monogamous sexual activity.

Username hidden
(789 posts)
We've been involved in the lifestyle since last Oct, and have tested twice so far. (There is a county health clinic that will test and treat the 4 major STD for $20 total cost. What a deal, huh?) Guess we are more active than some. When we meet friends at play parties, we usually play with two or three couples - or more. That usually happens every month or two. We also meet couples 2 on 2, and play with singles from time to time as well. We've wondered about how often others who are active tend to get tested.

Pismo Beach CA
Username hidden
(305 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
TOPIC: STD tests