STD and HIV : Swingers Discussion 1476881072
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexSTD and HIV
TOPIC: STD and HIV
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   72 to 81 of 83   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I guess we should call it a Bodily Fuid Trasmitted Disease then, to be more specific then. Then again, not all transfers of bodily fluids have a high risk. Call it what you like...it still stands to reason that the top 3 ways to contract HIV are sexual contact, contaminated blood transfer, and geneticly in an offspring born to a parent with the virus.

Union Grove NC
Username hidden
(954 posts)
Of course, HIV is always a concern. I'll tell you though, HPV stays on my mind though more than that. Holy shit, you can be exposed to HPV, have it lie dormant for a decade, and then get cancer from it. Talk about scary stuff.

Username hidden
(23992 posts)
"HIV/AIDS is not a STD although the politicizing of the disease has created propaganda."

Ummm...lets break it down...HIV causes AIDS...HIV is passed through bodily fluids, one of the easiest ways is sexual contact. AIDS is the condition effecting the body as a result of contracting HIV. By definition, a disease is an abnormal condition effecting the body caused by internal or external factors. So, AIDS is without question a Disease, and it's most commonly transmitted by sexual contact...so regardless of what anyone says, it stands to reason that it is in fact a STD.

Union Grove NC
Username hidden
(954 posts)
This is my fear! As a nurse I see many people with HIV/AIDS and most of them I would never have thought that they woud be positive, albiet most of them are males. This is what worries me the most, I plan to be as safe as possible once we decide to do something!

Sahuarita AZ
Username hidden
(6 posts)
now a days they have test that can be read in minutes, especially for AIDS. I don't know why some of the bigger swinger parties don't invite the Department of Health to attend. they would test for free(at least in NYS). Those that stay after being tested would be assumed to be safe. I know that is not 100% safe but I have to believe that 99.9% of people who found out they are positive with an STD would leave the party and arrange for treatment.

Northville NY
Username hidden
(286 posts)
Hi folks my reply. Not quite meaningless ! ILL try to explain . There is less chance ,not 100%, that a person picked up something in the last 24 hours,than in the last 1yr,3yr,5years or so . Iam sure most people no it's not fool proof /1oo% but i no it's a sight better than not requiring a test ! MM LOL

Milledgeville GA
Username hidden
(10 posts)
The problem is that the paperwork is only valid for the day you were tested. The day after you were tested, you could do something with someone, and perhaps catch something. So the paperwork is meaningless if you are trying to prove to someone else that you don't have anything. We test for our own peace of mind, but we can't expect anyone else to believe that a piece of paper means anything. There are no guarantees.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6919 posts)
HI every one ,first of all I would like to here your reply to the origanal post ! ***Is there any intrest in a group of tested people ? *** LOL M & K lol

Milledgeville GA
Username hidden
(10 posts)
There are, of course, risks. About 20% of the US population has genetal herpes... so you do the math. There are STDs that you can catch even when using condoms. At a minimum, swingers should talk with their doctors and get tested regularly. In addition, you my want to take steps to carefully screen potential playmates-- "clean" as a previous note indicated does not mean you live in a nice house, shower or wear cologne. Several STDs are asymptomatic, so without testing they could be spread. I guess I feel lucky that all of our tests have turned up negative, even with being sexually active for many years.

I view the risks of swinging as like rock climbing, or skydiving, or any other potentially dangerous activity-- is the thrill worth the risk? For us it is... and, Evel Knievel died at an old age of natural causes.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6919 posts)
Jinx thats just it, you never eally know. Just we try to keep it to a very few people that we know very well,But we also realise that no matter what,, we are always taking a chance every time we get together with other people even though we know them well. Just hope for the best.

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4996 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   72 to 81 of 83   End
TOPIC: STD and HIV