STD and HIV : Swingers Discussion 1476881051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexSTD and HIV
TOPIC: STD and HIV
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   51 to 60 of 83   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I don't know M, but I am trying to figure what that rant had to do with safe sex. The most I get is he is really really frustrated with some people who he views as on the other side of the political spectrum.

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19318 posts)
What just happened?

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16444 posts)
Rant? Piss? Cornflakes?

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19318 posts)
i agree, leeza; and i guess i have to apologize for one of my very first postings to be SO contentious, but this happens to be an area of swinging i am eager to know as mush as i can about...in order to protect myself and those i love.

BUT...i will press on... frankly, i am SHOCKED at how many fox-news-watching, right-wing, conspiracy-theory-loving, global-climate-change-denying, mouth-breathers there are here.

especially during this, an election year...i'm not sure how many of your focus-on-the-family-first, gun-toting, marriage-is-between-a-man-and-a woman, tag-line-repeating, TEA-BAGGING representatives in government would approve of your being 'here' to begin with.

i, for one, will not be reading ANY more threads where one (maybe two) particular poster(s) is/are anywhere to be seen.

and 'suck it' to those who don't like what i have to say. :) t/c

Arlington VA
Username hidden
(4 posts)
"I am really confused as to what a health care provider wearing gloves has to do with sex and condoms." The answer is that B&S and others who play bareback make a variety of silly comparisons:

**"You can get chlamydia from a sneeze at church." Ridiculous... and I'm not sure what that has to do with swinger sex. Your doctor is not worried about disease transmission with casual contact, like a handshake... but they will wear gloves (latex or non-latex) when they examine you. If you are discussing with your doctor that you are sexually active with multiple partners, your doctor will recommend condoms and STD testing. If you ask why you should wear condoms when you can get chlamydia from a sneeze at church (after all, you GOOGLED it) your doc may do a mental heath assessment. But what do doctors know...

**"your mom got a creampie." I'm not sure what made you think of this, or why you find it relevant to swinger sex. It is one reason I have worn condoms with every woman except my wife-- to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. A close friend and high school teammate got his girlfriend pregnant (who was on the pill) which forced him to change his life. I'm happy that my father talked with me about sex and advised condoms. I've also never found them to spoil the fun.

I don't think that anyone suggested that condoms are a "cure-all." They do reduce risk and there is no dispute. And if you think that "safe sex" provides false security... your answer is to not use condoms? That doesn't make any sense.

...and if it makes you feel better to call yourselves "naturals" and others "wrappers"... go right ahead.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6812 posts)
*I am really confused as to what a health care provider wearing gloves has to do with sex and condoms*

Some people who swing without condoms explain that they do so due to allergies to latex.

So what do they do when they see a doctor, a dentist, emergency room situation etc...

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16444 posts)
Believing the CDC is like believing the media, or even the discovery channel,, they hit and miss on a lot of things. Boo & I worked with the NJSA for many years and the first thing out of one of the Avian curator's mouth was that it WAS transmittable and airborne. Which was why they were wearing masks to begin with.

I'll take that info of a tech that deals with it EVERY DAY over some jackass that did a short term study with limited exposure. I (ship) had to dive every other day, 4 times a day with 22 sharks (sand tigers and browns) along with 1500 others as we called them, "inmates", for 5 years; as a marine biologist. So the argument of the CDC's "findings", stands very firm.

That's where the stats are wrong. A simple short term study of even a hundred thousand people out of 200 million or even 7 billion is not always something you take to the bank... Are they a good base? yes.

Rdy - don't threaten us with a good time.. LOL - ~cause Boo has no problem with breaking out a crop.. lol

Port Carbon PA
Username hidden
(7441 posts)
Boo, from the CDC regarding Chlamydia psittaci

"Human-to-human transmission has been suggested but not proven. Standard infection-control precautions are sufficient for patients with psittacosis, and specific isolation procedures (e.g., a private room, negative pressure air flow, and masks) are not indicated"

from what i read, humans dont give it to humans, it only comes from birds and rarely ever happens. something like 800 or so cases since 1996. using that argument isnt going to help you.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(1246 posts)
If I call you a sunflower.. would that help?? lol - jk..

I agree totally with you. We've said, we don't condone the use and of course they do help reduce risk of some diseases.

The fact remains that all of us here, are choosing to be in the style; which increases our risk of contracting a standard or mutated strain of anything. It is ridiculous though to sit in judgement and feel immune because a condom is a "cure-all". That part of the style has gone on all too long in here (safe sex forum).

People are getting misguided self righteous information and truly, again, it's gone on long enough. We're also not trying to be the devil's advocate (no dirt daddy intended) here.

Statistics are BS....

Port Carbon PA
Username hidden
(7441 posts)
All kidding aside,

I don't think that anyone is disputing that you can get all sorts of cooties in many ways through skin contact, but the fact remains that, you can not contract HIV via skin contact. There should be no dispute that with a condom, chances of contracting HIV are greatly reduced.

Some are comfortable with the risk.

Others, are not.

What we call each other is of no relevance, and shouldn't matter to either party.

I mean think, if you call me an eggplant, doesn't change anything in anyone's life? :)

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16444 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Start   51 to 60 of 83   End
TOPIC: STD and HIV