Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Safe Sex Question to all you Bare Back only folks
TOPIC: Question to all you Bare Back only folks
GoTo Page: Less ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95
Start   911 to 920 of 942   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Perhaps Perfect will enlighten me on stats. And yes, I have taken statistics courses. But I would like to know your point of view.

There is much media hype about the risks of barebacking. And there is much conflict in the studies that do pertain to risk. Some go so far as to call condoms safe sex, rather than the simple and not complete reduction of risk they are.

To me and others I've discussed this with, bareback is higher quality sex simply because there is more sensory input involved. It is more exquisite. Do most here have condom sex with their own mates? I understand there are many to whom there is too much sensory input when their cocks slide inside a wet pussy and condoms to them are a boon. But it is not so for me.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
Perhaps the word "quality" has wrinkled some's egalitarian sensitivities and is confusing.

Values vary and what can be a "quality" couple for some because of traits that make them useful for bareback sex would not be quality points at all for a condoms only couple -- perhaps plainer if called more of an issue of "suitability".

fOR INSTANCEIf you are an always condoms couple and someone else is a bareback only couple then it would be a stretch to call that a "quality" score. Of course, many ladies who prefer bareback will allow a condom user male to have sex with them, while a condoms only couple would likely prevent a bareback only man -- that alone would constrict the relationship and render them a mismatch.

My apologies if I was too erudite in my word usage, or appeared to insinuate that ANYONE would not be looking for quality partners. Hell, around here, if you use whole sentences and proper grammar folks think you are too snooty to relate to -- most other places that trait is a good "quality".

Brookhaven MS
Username hidden
(154 posts)
Amazing........

Annandale NJ
Username hidden
(1988 posts)
""The stats I've read give condoms a reduction of HIV risk of 90%. That means if you fuck 10 people with condoms to my one without, we have the same risk of HIV. This is the quality vs quantity risk adjustment."

lol. I guess you never had a statistics course/

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
I don't really think whether a person chooses to use protection or not is really an issue of quality or character. I've known some people who were honest, respectful, and all around decent people who chose not to use protection, as well as people with the same character traits who did chose to use it. The same goes for people of bad character who make the same choices. As was previously mentioned, there are many different reasons why a person might choose to not use protection. Their specific reason can say more about their character than just the fact that they do or don't, out of context of why.

Union Grove NC
Username hidden
(954 posts)
Not so much super beauty( what people normally mean by quality, which is fine if you want to add it on) I think by quality I and others who understand me on this know I am talking about folks who show a high level in the following traits:

honesty and openness

a somewhat studied examination of what they do as a habit

a lack of urgency that would interfere with their studied view

a value system that would give them the motivation to hold back a bit so they can still be honest and claim safety

an awareness of what diseases are out there and symptoms

In the above traits NO, people are ABSOLUTELY NOT created equal. And it only slights the caring to pretend we are. The Egalitarian pretense that it is snooty to notice these differences smack of a ruse created by the guilty to pretend they are more than they are. We are not talking about the right to be here on this Earth, we are talking about who gets some of your stuff -- or your wife's stuff.

These don't have to be a big pain in the butt to determine -- a lot of singles use the same strategy for selecting fuck buddies even if they are not going to pair bond with them.

Also I would caution against getting grossed out because of the stupid risks some barebackers take. There are some REALLY stupid people who think swinging is just a wonderful candy store for them. Despite the fact that some barebackers take incredible risks, some take fewer than the raincoat crowd. So people should not assume all barebackers are pensive, studious and cautious --- or the reverse.

Brookhaven MS
Username hidden
(154 posts)
"The stats I've read give condoms a reduction of HIV risk of 90%. That means if you fuck 10 people with condoms to my one without, we have the same risk of HIV. This is the quality vs quantity risk adjustment."

You stand a risk anytime you play regardless of whether protection is used or not, thus your argument isn't sound. You can take two people and let one fuck 10 people w/out a condom and the other fuck 10 people with one...neither of them might catch a thing, or they could get something the first time. How do you figure it is quality vs quantity?

Union Grove NC
Username hidden
(954 posts)
"One choice barebackers almost always make is quality over quantity."

That definitely isn't true around here. The barebackers here will fuck anything that moves. Very scary, if you ask me.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18046 posts)
Luvs is right on the money. One choice barebackers almost always make is quality over quantity. Reading profiles and posts in the forums suggests there are many who don't want to take the time for the level of friendship that makes barebacking reasonable. For them condoms are the answer. But condoms don't do a good job of protecting against herpes or hpv. Which is why most adults have at least one type of herpes and hpv.

The stats I've read give condoms a reduction of HIV risk of 90%. That means if you fuck 10 people with condoms to my one without, we have the same risk of HIV. This is the quality vs quantity risk adjustment.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
I think it is a few reasons that compel folks to swing without a condom.

#1 is that condoms don't protect absolutely against almost anything. If you can't trust your partners you just never know. The condom is good for HIV and hepatitis if used properly all the time. I personally know two people that got herpes while using the condom, and several that got pregnant through misuse or accident.

#2 a lot of married folks use a condom so rarely they are used to the electric joy of being naked, and to give that up makes sex a fraction of what it could be for them -- so they hunt for others who think the same way and take the lesser number of encounters in exchange for developing some that are higher quality for them. The payoff is if they find something good it could last for multiple encounters or years.

#3 A lot of men have erectile problems if they are not used to condoms and for them half the time they could end up going to all the trouble of finding partners only to have the sex fizzle due to erectile problems. That then becomes a reason they would not even hope for quantity but for quality -- and quality for them means someone else who is not so in love with variety that they make themselves less safe.

The nature of the risk is not all or none. You can with your mind and your ability to assess folks' honesty be actually far safer than you can with a condom, and still get some strange. Of course that is a separate skill that many in swinging have decided they have too many needs to put up with, so they are attracted to frequent anonymous sex. Those people would quite logically need all the protection they could get after making the most risky choice up front.

Brookhaven MS
Username hidden
(154 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95
Start   911 to 920 of 942   End
TOPIC: Question to all you Bare Back only folks