Question to all you Bare Back only folks : Swingers Discussion 11760310841
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexQuestion to all you Bare Back only folks
TOPIC: Question to all you Bare Back only folks
GoTo Page: Less ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... More 
Start   841 to 850 of 942   End
User Details are only visible to members.
DandJ

I'm done. You're completely wrong, but go on believing what you want. I'll continue thinking you're uneducated.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17166 posts)
At least three studies have been done on the reduction of risk circumcision affords, and one was in Europe. Each found the same reduction, about 50%. Hopefully there will be more studies done to make more firm these conclusions, but already the rate of circumcision is being increased in Africa as a cheap risk reduction. Look at a map of Africa that details the general rate of circumcision geographically along with the rate of HIV, and you'll notice an inverse relationship. The higher the prevalence of circumcision, the lower the HIV infection rate. If you hold your mind closed to the latest discoveries in HIV risk reduction, it is you who are hindering effective HIV prevention.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
Lick, it makes me wonder what is the most dangerous information I've posted, that condoms reduce the relative risks of HIV 90%??? That HPV infects most sexually active adults??? That Herpes infects most adults??? That circumcision reduces the risk of HIV 50%???

I think the most dangerous posts are those claiming that information is dangerous. And that only they are the Gods of information. Also dangerous are those who feel free to personally bash posters who argue with figures and logic. If you disagree, disagree! But personal bashing is pitiful.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
Nine, there are many ways to reduce the risk of getting infected with HIV. We are not talking about the risk of spreading HIV because I am not infected and assume you are not also. If I were to become infected there would be zero risk of spreading it, since I would not be swinging at all.

Condoms are only one way to reduce risks. Another is to reduce the number of your partners. Third is to be circumcized. Fourth is to get a vasectomy. Fifth is to screen those you play with very well. The most effective way to reduce risk is to not swing at all. Since you are not doing that, you are not using the most effective means to reduce risk of infection.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
Perfect, this is the second time I've explained your misreading of the study on condom effectiveness. The study was of the relative risk between wearing condoms and not wearing them. Condoms reduced the risk by 90%, or ten times. Reduced whatever risk both faced. Relative, not actual risk. It said nothing about the actual statistical risk of fucking an infected person. Rather it said that wearing condoms reduced whatever that risk was by 90% over wearing nothing.

The other, completely separate study delineated the actual risk of fucking an infected person bareback at one in 200, or 0.5%. So using that figure, condoms theoretically would reduce that to one in 2,000 or 0.05%.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
Well DandJ it seems you believe that study and do not mind taking 'the risk' were others do not. Some might say people like yourself that prefer barebacking will always keep the STD's including spreading AIDS around, if only condoms were used more often, we can slow the spread of AIDS and STD's. Unless you disagree ?

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(2085 posts)
DandJ

Each time you 'add' a partner it comes from the "50 gallon Drum' not the '5 gallon bucket'. Do you understand that?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17166 posts)
" I don't see how your math can find it any different."

That's because you don't understand statistics. Your 'math' assumes incorrectly that all the people are infected. If all the people that a condom user fucks are infected then he has a 10% chance of getting infected! If a condom fails (for whatever reason) and there is no infection then nothing happens.

I'm sorry but I'm done trying to explain your error. Live with it for all I care. You're wrong and obviously not inclined to figure out why.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17166 posts)
Seduction, so you are saying that my posting the study which determined that condoms are ten times safer than barebacking is posting misinformation?

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
Perfect, there are many variables in actual risk. That is why risk statistics are a guide, not an actuality. Risk statistics are based on huge numbers of people to average out the variables.

If statistics show that the relative risk of barebacking is ten times more than using a condom, which is the figure I've seen and quoted from studies, then condom users having sex with ten times as many people as barebackers do, equalizes the risks, as far as statistics go. I don't see how your math can find it any different.

The statistics average out all the variables. It doesn't mean that if I have sex with person Q that those statistics predict my risk exactly. In one individual case what matters is whether Q is infected or not. If Q is not, my risk is zero, unprotected or protected. If Q is infected than my risk depends on many things. The studies I reported say my risk is one in 200 bareback and one in 2,000 with a condom.

I asked if you thought I was uneducated because you implied I was deficient in math and that I needed a GED. I wanted to know if that was hyperbole or you truly believed it.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... More 
Start   841 to 850 of 942   End
TOPIC: Question to all you Bare Back only folks