Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Safe Sex Question to all you Bare Back only folks
TOPIC: Question to all you Bare Back only folks
GoTo Page: Less ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... More 
Start   762 to 771 of 942   End
User Details are only visible to members.
OMG - I think that I have seen this movie before, over and over and over.

It's just like deja vu, all over and over and over again (thanks Yogi)

There's nothing much to add, except maybe . . . Pass me dar rum ye scurvy swine . . .

Hampstead England United Kingdom
Username hidden
(549 posts)
Hey DandJ how old are they so-called statistics ??

To me it’s pretty straightforward math – the more partners you have, the more likely it is that you will be exposed to an STD. Furthermore, people with multiple partners tend to choose bareback partners with multiple partners, so each individual you are having sex with is probably more likely to have an infection than someone with whom would choose to use condoms ..

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(2085 posts)
Seduction, either your comprehension is terrible or you are deliberately trying to mangle what I've posted. I'm the one who posted the ten times safety factor of condoms. I'm the one who found studies on the risk factors of barebacking. I'm the one who asks for more studies to be posted.

I'm the one challenging the perception of barebacking being Russian roulette. That is so far from the truth it highlights the ignorance of those who see fit to keep claiming thus. I have not suggested that anyone bareback, but I have defended our personal decision to bareback, which you seem to mistake as a call to others to bareback.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
I guess you don't understand how studies are done. Studies are averages and the statistics they produce are averages. Thus they factor in a large number of people precisely because each individual situation is different. Studies need large numbers of people to average those differences out. Only by doing that will the effect that is being studied stand out from the noise.

If studies determine that wearing seatbelts reduces death by ten times, that is the overall effect of the seatbelt use, as opposed to all other factors that might might influence the likelyhood of death. That means that if seatbeat use reduces death by ten times per miles driven, and you drive, wearing seatbelts, ten times the mileage of one who doesn't wear seatbelts, your risk of death as far as the seatbelt use is concerned, is the same. Certainly there are many other factors that have influence on death, but we aren't talking about them. If in seatbelt vs no seatbelt, the rate difference is ten times per mile driven, drive ten times the miles and you equalize the seatbelt risks.

The same is true of condoms vs barebacking.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
ONLY the number of crashes (infected) we have matters. I can drive 1000 times (fuck) the miles you do and my odds of dying in a crash are still 10 times better than yours. Each time I crash my odds are STILL 10 times better than yours of not dying.

Do you want to tell everyone that they really shouldn't wear a seatbelt if it bothers them, they can just drive on safe roads and stay alert?

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
DandJ

Here's a decent analogy that maybe, just maybe, you can understand.

Let's suppose that people not wearing a seatbelt are 90% more likely to die in a car crash as those that do wear seatbelts.

By your reasoning those that don't wear seatbelts could drive 10 times as many miles as those who don't and have the same odds of dying in a car crash. THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS.

You have to factor in the odds of actually being in a car crash. You may drive less miles but maybe they are more dangerous miles such as highway. I may drive 20 time the miles you do, and maybe have had 6 crashes but each time I had a 90% chance of surviving them. You on the other hand my only drive down a little dirt road in the country and just once got broadsided by the milk truck and died because your odds are low in surviving a crash.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
And before anyone asks, I could not have warned her potential partners, because I did not know them. I told her she should be honest though.

Quakertown PA
Username hidden
(1843 posts)
So, just because I am 10+ years younger than Dand J, I guess this means I have no way of knowing people of all different age groups that may or may not have been in a car accident. My grandfather had a car accident when he was about 80. My cousin's son and his best friend were killed in a car accident when they were 17. They were killed in 2002. I had my accident at age 24.

Just because people choose to wear condoms does not mean that they just go screw people they meet in the local sex toy shop, lol. People who wear condoms "screen" others too. But screen all you want, people do lie. I had a friend who has herpes, and she never had an outbreak, found out she had it when she gave it to her girlfriend. Even after she found out, and she and the woman ended things, she was not always honest in her subsequent relationships.

Quakertown PA
Username hidden
(1843 posts)
Even people who only wear condoms sometines are less likely to be infected than those who never where condoms.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17464 posts)
"You're younger than I, which is why you know fewer who have been in accidents"

First off 8inchcable I was just quoting DandJ on this comment above it was not my statement, he thinks since he has been driving for some 43 years he knows of more accident victims which in no way he can prove.

"I want information."

on this comment DandJ it just seems you want to read and believe your 'own' information.

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(2085 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... More 
Start   762 to 771 of 942   End
TOPIC: Question to all you Bare Back only folks