Question to all you Bare Back only folks : Swingers Discussion 1176031041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexQuestion to all you Bare Back only folks
TOPIC: Question to all you Bare Back only folks
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 936   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Scroll down 3 posts VA, I posted just that from CDC.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
I think it's a matter of:

Do condoms offer 100% protection? No. Do condoms offer 0% protection? No. (I don't think so anyway)

So really it's about arguing where in the middle it is. Better than nothing? I'm sure. Perhaps some feel it's only very slightly better than nothing.

I think the STD in question matters, too. For instance, condoms probably do nearly nothing to prevent herpes, unless the only contact is fucking. But some (such as HIV) require broken skin or direct deposition of fluid into a receptive area (i.e. semen in a vagina or anus, or vaginal fluid through broken skin on a penis) and transmission of HIV through oral and fingering is very very poor.

The most dangerous STD is the one which condoms do the most for.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18794 posts)
I understand that it's a choice, I would never tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do. I merely object to the misinformation. As posted for instance in the threesome thread earlier in the week, and as posted here.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
M,

I respect and appreciate the information that you post, and I agree with you and the others. Ultimately it is a matter of personal preference, and I prefer to use condoms. Although I know that they will never keep me 100% safe, it is simply a fact that they will decrease the chance of disease transmission, as will a variety of choices that people in the LS choose to make.

I was simply making a small joke that it is one of those subjects where there is no gray area, and where people sometimes feel the need to insult others as they make their point known.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(4892 posts)
Peg,

For me, it's not a matter of swaying others or changing anyone's opinion. These forums are open to anyone that knows how to browse. Misinformation is dangerous for a variety of reasons. I feel that it is of paramount importance to not allow misinformation to spread as if it's facts.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16378 posts)
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(4892 posts)
Gloves and glocks and quality socks

That's what good forum posts are made of.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18794 posts)
I say we should combine two threads where neither side will ever change the others opinion; let's call it Glocks and Gloves.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(4892 posts)
Some people make the assumption that all sexual contact carries the same risk and that is not the case. Taking HIV, for example, the CDC classifies unprotected anal and vaginal sex as "high risk" for transmission. Even though HIV can be present in saliva, kissing and receiving oral sex is classified as a "theoretical risk," meaning that there is not a documented case of transmission, but it may be possible. Giving oral sex is classified as "low risk." This is based on years of experience and study. Of particular relevance are studies where one partner is HIV positive and the other is not.

Condoms are proven to reduce the risk of all known STDs. Penetration is riskier compared to oral sex or kissing. These are facts. All recreational sex carries some risk regardless of condom use, but does everyone know their HIV status and the HIV status of their swinging partners?

Misinformation can be dangerous. I think we all should be wary about the advice from a trainer in BBPs who cannot spell the word "pathogen."

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6740 posts)
Mki is correct Hiv and others Do not come fron intercourse only, I am a trainer in BBP Blood born pathagens and like the fingers in vagina or anything thing All it takes is 1 single drop to get in a small cut you do not even know you have and POW Its done. Not just semen it is in all body fluids..

Mickey.

Rayne LA
Username hidden
(4836 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 936   End
TOPIC: Question to all you Bare Back only folks