Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Safe Sex New HIV Vaccine
TOPIC: New HIV Vaccine
Created by: ChasnGwen
Original Starting post for this thread:
www . medicaldaily. com/ new-hiv-vaccine- proves-successful- phase-1-human- trial-commercially- available-soon-255439

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
There's no light or end of the tunnel here.

How many other vaccines have there been that ultimately didn't work? Answer: quite a few. What evidence is there that this one will work? It hasn't been tested in humans for efficacy yet!

The problem with a vaccine is that it has to have a very high rate of protection. The mere fact of having been vaccinated encourages more risky behavior. If the vaccine only worked 75% of the time, there would be a lot more HIV out there.

Kitty Hawk NC
Username hidden
(271 posts)
I understood the article just fine. They are on Step 1. But at least there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

Visalia CA
Username hidden
(4185 posts)
Really sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but you're not understanding what the article said.

A phase I trial serves no other purpose than to establish that the drug causes no immediate serious harm in human beings. It is a very small trial and has nothing to do with efficacy (whether the drug, or in this case vaccine) actually works.

Before the vaccine would be approved, it would have to undergo a Phase II trial (efficacy in a very small population) and a Phase III trial (efficacy in a much larger population).

If everything went extremely well and the FDA expedited the approval process, we'd be lucky to have the vaccine available in 5 years. More likely is 12 years or more. If ever.

As of this moment, there is no evidence whatsoever that it work in humans.

Kitty Hawk NC
Username hidden
(271 posts)
I'm so glad to hear they are finally finding ways to beat this disease.

Visalia CA
Username hidden
(4185 posts)
have read of a at least one other med to help prevent recently. i think it was called Prep

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(1331 posts)
www . medicaldaily. com/ new-hiv-vaccine- proves-successful- phase-1-human- trial-commercially- available-soon-255439

Visalia CA
Username hidden
(4185 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: New HIV Vaccine