Myths about safe sex! : Swingers Discussion 888241011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexMyths about safe sex!
TOPIC: Myths about safe sex!
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   11 to 20 of 66   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"To put it clearly, circumcised males have a much lower possibility of transmitting the virus. I've seen no discussion of this in the forum. Seems to me this is a large enough difference to be important. Perhaps close to the reduction of transmission that condoms provide."

I don't use CDC data. It's skewed by political interests. How old is the data on un-cut males? It probably doesn't apply to alert, hyper-clean, swingers. Because a condom covers the head of the penis very well...the data only applies to bare backing. I bet it's from an ancient study that noted: women of uncircumcised males have a higher incidence of cervical cancer. I believe it was done in the 1950's.

I get my current data from the American Social Health Association. You are correct regarding basically most folks having a whole host of viruses by the time they are in their 50s. Women especially are open to infection. I don't worry about the folks who confide that they have/had an STD. I worry about the folks who play for years and have their heads in the sand regarding their relative risk.

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
The CDC site has interesting statistics on safe sex. Most interesting to me is their thread on male latex condoms. In the case of each disease (HIV, HPV, Herpes, Gonorrhea, Syphilis) the use of condoms is theoretically assumed to reduce the transmission of disease. For none do they offer an amount of protection based on studies since the studies do not agree at all on that figure. In HIV it seems the studies suggest the greatest risk reduction, while it seems to be less for other diseases. There is no sense that condoms offer "safe" sex.

Under their circumcision thread the stats range from 40% to 70% reduction in rate of HIV transmission in circumcised males vs uncircumcised males. To put it clearly, circumcised males have a much lower possibility of transmitting the virus. I've seen no discussion of this in the forum. Seems to me this is a large enough difference to be important. Perhaps close to the reduction of transmission that condoms provide.

As far as HPV is concerned, the CDC says at least 50% of sexually active people acquire HPV, and 80% of women have acquired it by age 50. That means HPV infection is the norm, most sexually active people have it unless very young. You've fucked someone who has it and you likely have it.

A recent study of herpes prevalence in the US found it declining a bit. The study tested 11,508 people from age 14 to 49 and found the rate of Herpes 2 (genital) declined from 21% to 17% and Herpes 1 (oral) declined from 62% to 58%. That means most of the general population has oral Herpes and nearly one fifth have genital herpes. In the sexually active population you'd expect a much higher percentage. Condoms provide little protection from oral herpes and limited protection from genital herpes. Oral herpes can be transmitted to the genitals.

Eleven thousand is a small cohort to extrapolate results to the population at large, but it's the best we have. Since most people with herpes have no symptoms, it is not easy to determine if you have it. But most people have oral herpes so it is most likely that as lifestylers almost all of us have it. There is some question whether the tests available catch all incidences of the virus since in most people the immune systems renders it symptomless and perhaps non-transmissable. More is not known about this virus than is known.

Enosburg Falls VT

Username hidden
(970 posts)
LOL. You must be kidding. Look at the HPV/herpes threads. It's amazing that virtually NO one gets anything. That's because it's below the radar. Few folks will out themselves online. I know of some because I am an "understanding" health care provider. I've gotten more than a couple of emails/calls early Sunday mornings..about something not being "right' with the Mrs. It's generally the female who is at the most risk.

I don't understand your use of the term burned? Adults agree to play. Adults have adult consequences. Folks generally don't set out to infect others. Many folks don't even understand the basics about what constitutes a possibly transmitted infection. Like oral cold sores vaginally.

There's plenty of information on how people think...on this site.. Just look at the threads posted.

Mischief...out to the lesbian club tonight.

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
sapl,

welcome to the forums.

Lake Worth FL

Username hidden
(7207 posts)
WOW, do you live in 1980 or something? Research the history of HIV and AIDS. Having a "circle of friends" that plays bareback is a doomed notion. People tried it when HIV was still new. People tried the "circle of friends" thinking that everyone would be honest. All it takes is one person getting drunk and having sex outside of the "circle" and the system fails. Instead of one person w/ HIV, you have a whole group infected.

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(13 posts)
lol Dzzy

*starts humming "you can leave your hat on"*

Windermere FL

Username hidden
(2626 posts)
cayne i will wear a coat, a hat, scarf and gloves if/when we play :-)

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(5326 posts)
altplay,

I most certainly respect your views and choices. In a previous post you made a comment about lack of respect on both sides of this issue.

Ctrflcouple is the one that has no respect for anyone else. They call names, tell us we're wrong in our beliefs that condoms do make us safer ect ect.

I most certainly appreciate you having it in your profile that you oly bareback. It will save everyone time in the long run.

BUt cntralflcouple needs to adjust their attitude regarding the lifestyle and their myths.

Lake Worth FL

Username hidden
(7207 posts)
It would be nice if everyone respected everyone else's choices. Something to think about though, wouldn't you rather know from a profile if a potential partner/s use condoms/don't use condoms rather than go through several e-mails then meet only to find out that they don't when you do or vice versa?

Hendersonville TN

Username hidden
(48 posts)
"I have no problem with people that play bareback, we're just not going to play with them."

Exactly.

Windermere FL

Username hidden
(2626 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Start   11 to 20 of 66   End
TOPIC: Myths about safe sex!