Myths about safe sex! : Swingers Discussion 88824101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexMyths about safe sex!
TOPIC: Myths about safe sex!
Created by: CentralFlfullswap The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
 1 to 10 of 66   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I have grade 5 CIN at 22 years of age. It was removed via Laser and I have had no problems since. I got HPV the old fashioned way... I went to college. I don't consider it a huge problem, generally. I get tested (PAP)+ at least twice a year. I use condoms. Ever since I have used condoms for intercourse...I've been fine. I fully understand that that is no guarantee.

Regarding the lifestyle. It's certainly your choice to leave based on this bad news. I however an not in this lifestyle because of a choice. I am just non-monogamous. I have pulled off monogamy for as long as 6 years at a time...twice. I simply can't imagine having to choose between men or women or if some sweet woman decided that she wanted to play.

For me, Life is too short to not indulge. I am fully aware of the risks I assume by continuing to play. I sincerely believe the most dangerous thing I do every day...is drive on high speed highways.

I wish you an your wife well.

M. spent last pm with my lovely female partner. yum.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
If they caught it early, don't worry to much. I know that is hard to do , but my wife went thru the same thing when she was 26. She is now 56 and the Dr. said she had a less chance of getting it again than someone that never had it.

Franklin VA
Username hidden
(36 posts)
thank you...they are confident that an outpaitent procedure will handle what ails me.....early to moderate stages here and until they do this procedure they will not know if a full hysto is necessary....honestly I am just fine with them taking the whole thing...I have my kids and not looking for more and really won't miss it...but apparently they don't give you that unless there is no other avenues of treatment. Mine is HPV related....but like I said, I have been sexually active for many many moons and with a "few" people so I am sure this is not something that I just "picked up" in the lifestyle.

Thanks for your well wishes!!!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(114 posts)
Darch

got me on the female thing....we did not ever use a female condom....and for the record, I know that one can carry hPV for years and not know or show signs...so I don't really blame the lifestyle..just dealing with cancer now so a little uptight

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(114 posts)
The upshot of this entire thread (just read it all) is that we all live a risky lifestyle. We all (except for one couple I read) continue to remain in this lifestyle. Is the risk manageable? Yes. Can the consequences be mitigated. Yes. I'm 61 and I ride a motorcycle. Is the risk manageable? Yes. Can the consequences be mitigated. Yes. I just can not stop living in this world. I can not eliminate all risk. Like all of you I chose my risks daily. We like the clubs because of the never ending parade of people to chose from. Truly 999 out of a 1000 do not get our affections but at least. I refuse to say we are selective because I detest the implication that I can somehow magically chose only safe people, or those I don't chose are somehow unsafe. We just like people like us.

Curt n Jane

Pasadena CA
Username hidden
(180 posts)
However to my earlier post...when we played WE ALWAYS REQUIRED CONDOMS....EVEN for Oral

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(114 posts)
Just as an FYI...HPV is NOT prevented by use of condoms...it is a skin to skin virus and you can have it for years and not know it.....it causes cervical cancer and gential warts and CONDOMS DO NOT PREVENT IT.

We are no longer involved in the sexual aspect of the lifestyle because we have found that people are not honest about the fact that the woman has been diaganosed with HPV and this puts EVERYONE at risk....Be careful and be informed

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(114 posts)
There are many differences between an African population and our own in the US. But to ascribe the results of several studies to cleanliness or lifestyle differences is risky. I'm not familiar with clade groups in reference to HIV. I've read there are two basic types, 1 and 2. These studies were on type 1 HIV, the same as is most common in the US.

There are theories of why circumcision reduces the incidence of transmission, and all I've read deal with the greater permeability of foreskin compared with the rest of skin covering a cock, forskin offering easier penetration by the HIV virus. Thus it may be a purely physical difference in skin and not have anything to do with cleanliness, lifestyle, or type of virus. Thus it would apply to any male anywhere.

The research is already at a level where promotion of circumcision may do more to reduce transmission of HIV than promotion of condoms. Once circumcised the protection is forever. Condoms require use in each incidence of intercourse. For countries in Africa this makes a huge difference. Here circumcision may be an important prevention tool also. It seems wise for each male to consider this evidence.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
Thanks, after I posted that, I realized you were speaking of HIV not HPV. Science News is a great magazine. I LOVE the little blips from all over that it provides. ;)

I do have one problem with this data's applicably to our population. The HIV-1 virus in Africa is not the same clade (group) as the one over here. I am very rusty, but I believe we have HIV-1 clade B here. Clade B is not as readily transferred heterosexually as the African clade..(A,C,D).. I should look. D is very pathogenic and rapidly fatal.

The level of sanitation is not the same. There are other STDs that can facilitate the transmission that are more common in Africa. So while the data may suggest un-cut guys are risky than cut...I don't believe this would apply to our general group. That is merely my belief. It never hurts to be proactive. The use of condoms would decrease any extra risk down to the same level if consistently applied.

The un-cut gentlemen I have had the pleasure of knowing are meticulous in their care of their “main attraction” as my father calls it. ;) I would expect all swinger gentlemen to show the same level of cleanliness.

Thanks for taking the time to educate me as to were these data came from.

YMMV,

Mischief (needs to reread those texts)

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
The data on rates of HIV transmission of circumcised vs uncircumcised cocks is current and a very new addition to HIV data. There have been several studies, all completed within the last few years, on transmission in the general population, in high risk populations, in Africa and in the Netherlands. I assumed few are aware of these studies because they are so recent. It has generated a flurry of controversy in scientific and political circles. The CDC is now reporting these studies; they didn't fund or control them as far as I'm aware. I first read about them in Science News, a magazine on the very current news in science.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
 1 to 10 of 66   End
TOPIC: Myths about safe sex!