Let's try it again : Swingers Discussion 123872
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexLet's try it again
TOPIC: Let's try it again
Created by: Lick_N_Nibbles The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 25   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I don't believe the study differentiated between the two. It was a statistical study of the relative infection rate among circumcised vs uncircumcised males. The point being that the fewer infected males, the fewer infected females, since HIV is more easily transmitted male to female.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
I understand that I am posting information on a viewpoint that is very unpopular. So unpopular that many are quite happy to be rude and hostile toward me. What hasn't happened is discussion or debate on the information itself. Being rude only offers rudeness. Hostility is only hostility. It is not information. It's not even reasoned opinion. It's just junk.

Why do so many fear dealing with information? I cite studies determining that condoms reduce risk 90%. Does anyone have other studies with diferent results? Another study determined that barebacking an HIV infected person has a 1 in 200 change of infection. Is there any other information on that? Still another series of studies finds circumcision reduces HIV transmission by 50%. Licks got upset about that but didn't offer any information to the contrary. I'm interested in actual information. I'd love others to weigh in with information. Rudeness is boring. Hostility is pathetic.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
Rayne, that is the weirdest statement I've read in a post. How do you know what my profession risk awareness is???

Seduction, Lick hasn't been willing to tell me exactly which information I've posted is dangerous and how it is dangerous. I've posted the results of studies I'm aware of. Is it dangerous to post study results? She disagreed with some without giving any reason for such disagreement. Baldly calling someone dangerous is a hostile judgment with no logic when not accompanied by reason.

Psychological studies I'm aware of find most people are honest most of the time. The largest factor in the quality of information from people is how informed they are. Most are abysmally informed.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
And if your Demented you really don't care about condoms.

Cape May Court House NJ
Username hidden
(74 posts)
People are living longer because some diseases like breast cancer, when caught early, are more treatable than they used to be. There have also been advances for treatment of diabetes management, heart disease, etc. And, in my opinion, because people are living longer, there are more reported cases of dementia, parkinson's etc.

Quakertown PA
Username hidden
(1843 posts)
Okay, I'll add my two cents here.

My wife and I lived through the sexual revolution, when it was okay to go without condoms because every STD out there was treatable through antibiotics and birth control (the pill, etc.) was available.

Then we got married to each other, and were monogamous, and then we got into swinging. At that time, we knew about AIDS, and we decided to use condoms for protection against STDs.

Anyone who presumes to speak for the "older" folk out here and either says we don't as a rule don't use protection, or else says we don't care about STDs doesn't speak for us.

Shadyside PA
Username hidden
(319 posts)
You are so sure I live dangerously, but you simply can't weather a high risk profession successfully without being healthfully versed in risk.

You are obviously not well-versed in profession-related risk. A-la OSHA.

Cocoa FL
Username hidden
(645 posts)
I also am in a higher risk profession (as is anyone that deals with body fluids), but that doesn't mean I don't wear gloves.

Cocoa FL
Username hidden
(645 posts)
Whether to swing or not has long been an important choice for us as far as risk goes. We don't swing much these days, and risk is a definite issue. If you haven't included not swinging in your risk choices, then your risk assessment is not vigorous.

I hope you both know your HIV status.

I live a higher risk life. Been a carpenter for longer than you've been alive and still have all my fingers. The construction trades is among the highest risk professions. If I wasn't very aware of risks, I couldn't have gone this long without major injury. I've never been in a car accident. You are so sure I live dangerously, but you simply can't weather a high risk profession successfully without being healthfully versed in risk.

The hostility you harbor toward my disagreement with you is evidence of?

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
Okay, let's be real. You said "There is no such thing as reducing risks without a condom..." and then admitted that abstinence is one. Monogamy is another. You admitted circumcision may reduce risk.

You argue that there is no way screening reduces risk. Most people are honest. To reduce risk through screening, only some people have to be honest, not all. We're not talking perfect risk reduction, just some amount of risk reduction. Condoms are not perfect either.

You feel that condoms are a must. That is wonderful, for you. To call me dangerous because I don't feel that condoms are a must, when I am careful and well aware of the risks, is hostile.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 25   End
TOPIC: Let's try it again