Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Safe Sex I want to bang my head against the wall
TOPIC: I want to bang my head against the wall
Created by: JustHavinFun78
Original Starting post for this thread:
<br /> #1 I'm in the medical field;

My wife and I have been married for over 25 years. We were virgins when we met. We have been faithful to eachother since.;

We have attended a few events, and been to several clubs in the last year, but we have yet to fully participate. We are choosing to test the waters, but have a few concerns, one being HPV. ;

So we started inquiring about getting the HPV vaccine, Gardasil. We were responsible to get it for our children, so why not. We are willing to pay for it entirely.;

Here are some of the responses we've gotten from doctors and nurses:;

"We can't give you the HPV vaccine, but we can give you an IUD"<br /> "You just don't understand, vaccines like Gardasil just don't work after a certain age"<br /> "You've only been with one person.....right..."<br /> "Why do you want it? You plan to do what? Well then you deserve an STD";

according to the FDA Gardasil is indicated for a 17 year old girl even if she has been exposed to multiple sexual partners, but a 27 yr old virgin is out of luck.;

If I've learned anything, I know I will try not to sound stupid or judgemental when speaking to my patients.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
User Details are only visible to members.
Statistically speaking, a sexually active twentysomething incidence of having or have had HPV hovers around 100 percent. Consider that HPV is somewhat of a "blanket term" to cover many strains of the virus, most of which don't have any effect other then to simply exist.

Herpes is another horribly underestimated disease. Considering BOTH HSV types, the rate of infection in the general population is estimated to exceed 75 percent, and that is likely underestimated. Consider that a majority of HSV carriers (and HPV for that matter) are asymptomatic and have no idea they are carrying, much less spreading, the disease. In any event, I disagree that HSV is the "big one". The real life changer is HIV. Luckily, condoms are incredibly effective against HIV. Condoms are pretty much useless against herpes and pretty close to useless against HPV.

I seriously believe that if more people would drop the stereotypes and assumptions and educate themselves about how these diseases function we all would be a lot safer.

Dallas TX
Username hidden
(56 posts)
Sardukar - Agreed. Although, I anticipate that there is a low likelihood that two virgins who've been monogamous have been exposed.

Albany NY
Username hidden
(13 posts)
cb1982731<span style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:times new roman; font-size:medium"></span>its not about the immune responce but the fact that they already havebeen exposed to HPV and haveimmunity. Keep in mind that 95% of the time HPV infections will resolve by themselvs because of immune reponse, 5% will progress to low grade lesion..which in vast majority will resolve by themselvs. Very small percentage will progress to high grade lesions and cancer. That process takes about 15 years.

New York NY
Username hidden
(331 posts)
Those responses you got from nurses/doctors are absurd. If an individual seeks to protect themselves through vaccination (and will pay), they should be commended. There is not enough evidence to suggest that older individuals (and btw, you're not that old), cannot mount an appropriate immune response. Some vaccines (hepatitis B is the one that comes to mind) do struggle mounting and retaining a robust immune response in older patients. From my understanding of the HPV vaccine, there are adjuvants that would reasonably overcome this issue in populations that may struggle to achieve sufficient antibody titers for protective immunity. If you were in my area, I would offer to have you come to my institution !

Albany NY
Username hidden
(13 posts)
The reason Merk only tested girls up to 26, is because they assumed girls over 26 already had 10-14 sexual partners by then and probably already had HPV, so the vaccine wouldn't prevent an infection. When the FDA approved the vaccine, Merk applied for an expedited application for age groups older than 26. They were denied without reason. So Merk had to start completely over. Research is currently going on, but it is going to take time. Meanwhile the vaccine is completely safe and effective for every girl in the state of Texas except those over the age of 26

Sure low

Nashville TN
Username hidden
(4 posts)
I'm confused. Gardisil is indeed for younger people. It's not a lie it's a fact. With boys it's even younger than girls. I would tell you the very same thing.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17252 posts)
1. infections with HPV clear on themselv in 90% of the time..<br /> 2. about 10% will progress from them only 1% will go to become cancer after about 15 years..<br /> 3. Prevalence of HPV in your age group is much less than in 20 year olds..we get to have few partners as we age.<br /> 4. Same way you worry about HPV so many others..that does not mean that everyone out there is infected.<br /> 5. Condoms work.

If you have to worry about infection pick genitalHerpes..that will poison your life..HPV is not realy the problem.

New York NY
Username hidden
(331 posts)
"" Why do you want it? You plan to do what? Well then you deserve an STD" "

if I ever got that reply, that nurse would certainly know my feelings and the doctor would as well as losing a good customer.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(1329 posts)
<br /> #1 I'm in the medical field

My wife and I have been married for over 25 years. We were virgins when we met. We have been faithful to eachother since.

We have attended a few events, and been to several clubs in the last year, but we have yet to fully participate. We are choosing to test the waters, but have a few concerns, one being HPV.

So we started inquiring about getting the HPV vaccine, Gardasil. We were responsible to get it for our children, so why not. We are willing to pay for it entirely.

Here are some of the responses we've gotten from doctors and nurses:

"We can't give you the HPV vaccine, but we can give you an IUD"<br /> "You just don't understand, vaccines like Gardasil just don't work after a certain age"<br /> "You've only been with one person.....right..."<br /> "Why do you want it? You plan to do what? Well then you deserve an STD"

according to the FDA Gardasil is indicated for a 17 year old girl even if she has been exposed to multiple sexual partners, but a 27 yr old virgin is out of luck.

If I've learned anything, I know I will try not to sound stupid or judgemental when speaking to my patients.

Nashville TN
Username hidden
(4 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 9 of 9 
TOPIC: I want to bang my head against the wall