Herpes vaccine : Swingers Discussion 200167
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexHerpes vaccine
TOPIC: Herpes vaccine
Created by: bellasera
Original Starting post for this thread:
I'm posting this for a couple reasons: 1. I'm tired of the same threads in this subject group. 2. This is, plainly and simply, great news. The makers of the Gardasil HPV vaccine (Coridon) are ramping up to start clinical trials this year for a herpes vaccine.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
User Details are only visible to members.
We usually won't quote,, but - "The smug self righteousness attitude I encounter is breathtaking" - We call it in layman's terms:

an indignant false sense of security.. lol

Port Carbon PA
Username hidden
(7441 posts)
Actually Coridon IS working on the HSV (genital herpes) vaccine (both therapeutic and prophylatic). Phase I clinical trials are scheduled for the later part of this year if the in-vivo trials go well. Yes - Coridon already has an HPV vaccine (Gardasil) - I would encourage all women (and men) under 26 to get this vaccine. Please make sure you finish the course of vaccinations - I just read that only 22% of people are finishing the 3 shot course. It's similar to the Hep B vaccine - you have to go in three times for the shots - you aren't protected until you have all 3 shots. And I totally agree with you - most people don't know that HSV-1 and HSV-2 are even on a standard STD panel unless you specifically ask for it. People who claim ddf and expect the same are full of it. The smug self righteousness attitude I encounter is breathtaking.

Albany OR
Username hidden
(36 posts)
HPV and HSV are two different things.

The vaccine is for the prevention of HPV, or human papilloma virus. This incredibly common virus is often NOT tested for in the standard STD panel.

HSV is herpes simplex virus. There are no vaccines to date for HSV. Unfortunately, many health care providers also do not test for herpes simplex 1 or 2.

What really burns me up (and not in a good way!) is that so many physicians do not test for these viruses, leaving people to think they're "DD free" when they're anything but!

Also (and this is highly relevant to the swinger community), the rate of genital HSV 1 is rising and accounting for more than half of all new genital herpes cases. Which means that if all you get are "cold sores", you can have asymptomatic viral shedding, go down on someone and give them gentile herpes.

I urge everyone to continue getting tested, including for HSV and HPV. If you're positive, you can take steps to prevent transmission to new partners.

Oh, and just because you've been married for years doesn't mean you don't have it. The viruses can lie dormant in the body for YEARS between transmission and first outbreak. (Assuming there is one.)

I think the whole "DD free" label (and the smug attitudes that go with them) should be removed from the swinger lexicon, quite frankly. It's inaccurate and dangerous.

Assume everyone is a walking petri dish of disease. ;-)

Cedarhurst NY
Username hidden
(1 post)
Such is very good news, I wonder if I could qualify to be a ginni pig? Maybe they would pay me? No you can't infect me, but you can give me the vaccine and see if that kills me.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7443 posts)
I agree. Generally speaking I'm not a big fan of vaccinations but I really don't want herpes and I always worry I might eventually get it.

Saint Clair Shores MI
Username hidden
(228 posts)
I'm posting this for a couple reasons: 1. I'm tired of the same threads in this subject group. 2. This is, plainly and simply, great news. The makers of the Gardasil HPV vaccine (Coridon) are ramping up to start clinical trials this year for a herpes vaccine.

Albany OR
Username hidden
(36 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 6 of 6 
TOPIC: Herpes vaccine