Herpes - When to Tell : Swingers Discussion 875671051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexHerpes - When to Tell
TOPIC: Herpes - When to Tell
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   51 to 59 of 59 
User Details are only visible to members.
Honestly I don't know..i'd google it

Steger IL
Username hidden
(4705 posts)
Fever blisters (cold sores) on the lips are caused by the same herpes family virus (HSV-1) that causes chicken pox and shingles....there all in the same family of herpes.

Genital herpes is caused by HSV-2 virus.

Mountain Ranch CA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
a form of herpes yes. And to make a statement. A canker sore is not herpes it is an ulcer and is not contagious.

"Canker sores are small ulcer craters in the lining of the mouth that are frequently painful and sensitive. About 20% of the population (1 out of 5) people have canker sores at any one time. Canker sores are also medically known as aphthous ulcers.

Women are more likely than men are to have recurrent canker sores. Genetic studies show that susceptibility to recurrent outbreaks of the sores is inherited in some patients. This partially explains why family members often share the condition."

Steger IL
Username hidden
(4705 posts)
"I had never ever thought about the two being able to cross infect"

Spicy:

That's why I posted it. It's an unknown to most folks. You can easily get either virus in either place. None of this is as simple as it seems. That's why folks need to understand exactly what risk is being taken. Sigh. Like I posted in the former HPV thread. There is no free lunch.

Here's an interesting synthesis. Sunlight triggers many folks to develop oral herpes sores. Therefore, I really watch when I'm playing in the tropics or at the local beaches. It's very common for folks to "go to the ocean" and within 2 days develop a cold sore. If they just arrived (say 2 days) I really wonder what's incubating that I can't see.

This is where the Valtrex comes in. Folks taking Valtrex to prevent outbreaks down stairs also are less likely to develop it up stairs. It makes their faces safer by default. Soft swingers are decreasing their risk, but not as much as they think.

YMMV,

Mischief is as careful as possible.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
I had never ever thought about the two being able to cross infect...... i copy and pasted this from -UU UU UU dot herpesdoctor dot cum /node/13

I have never gotten a "cold sore" but frequently get canker sores. Many years ago I was told it was a form of herpes....but now they say it is not. And they are not contagious. I should google more about it to be sure.

Oral Herpes: Can it Cause Genital Herpes? Posted April 15th, 2004 by jack in Oral Herpes Yes, Oral Herpes can transmit to the Genitals, typically via oral sex. Genitals Herpes can also transmit to the mouth area via oral sex.

Both Oral and Genital Herpes are caused by Herpes Simplex. Oral Herpes by HSV1 and Genital Herpes by HSV2. The two viruses are very similar and are both highly adaptable.

Steger IL
Username hidden
(4705 posts)
I'm wondering WHAT to tell?? I've never had oral herpes, yet the chances I have it are 90% (normal population=90% have it). Do I tell everyone I must have it because my father does and he has kissed me? No I don't. It's a given.

I make sure I look at everyone's face BEFORE they go down on me. That's why I don't like cluster fucks. I can't control who is where.

I was in a club one night. There was a couple there who are extremely active. She was all over the place kissing folks...until I pointed out the active cold sore on her lip. She reached up.. said "Oh my god!" She's a dental assistant. She KNEW better, but didn't think. NO one brought it up to her. NO one!

Yes, I would like to know if we click and are thinking about having sex. It's relevant then. I want to know if you have ever had an oral outbreak also. I'm just as likely to get it from there as anywhere else. That's why I don't only focus on below the belt. I know more than one lady who has caught genital herpes from some one's face. It's just as nasty and bad for business.

Mischief....wonders why folks don't consider oral herpes to be a POTENTIAL STD.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
I think you are being a gentlemen by stating it in your profile. I am sure there are people in the swinging community who also have it. It might help you find a mate that also has it.

Steger IL
Username hidden
(4705 posts)
ASAP

Rochester NY
Username hidden
(10343 posts)
Tell us upfront. That way we know they'll be no playtime, doesn't mean we can't meet for dinner.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   51 to 59 of 59 
TOPIC: Herpes - When to Tell