Herpes - When to Tell : Swingers Discussion 875671041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexHerpes - When to Tell
TOPIC: Herpes - When to Tell
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   41 to 50 of 59   End
User Details are only visible to members.
stupid question here.

If someone had visible sores on their penis or vagina.... why the hell would you have sex with them?

Not passing judgement here but if we were starting to play and someone told us they were a carrier we wouldn't play. If they didn't tell us and we saw visible sores the play time comes to an abrupt and perminent halt. We simply value our health to much. I know having herpes doesn't make you a bad person, it just makes you a person we're not having sex with ever.

Maybe I'm naieve.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
Ditto what dance said.

"This is one thing that frustrates me on the menu of "misinformation". Unless you are wearing a condom from head to toe as soon as you take off your clothes, condoms do little to prevent the passing of Herpes. "

That is patently not true. Condoms do wonders to prevent transmission of disease. It's especially true if the male has herpes lesions on his penis. The condom will cover that. Therefore DECREASING risk. It doesn't eliminate it. It decreases it.

If I was to play with someone who told me they had herpes, I would ask them for the EXACT location. If I wanted to provide hand stimulation, I would wear a nitrile glove. In fact, I have with the ladies I knew who were carriers. One was my gf for 18 months. Anytime she felt anything out of her usual state, we took extra precautions. I'm sure we were over cautious. We used saran wrap for oral sex and gloves for other activities.

I used to bareback in the 70's. I was on a first name basis with the docs at Planned Parenthood. I was in usually once a month for some sort of issue. I'm sure playing with more than a few bimen didn't help. Clamydia, GC, HPV, Trich, Gardenella. Let's just say I earned my stripes.

Funny thing happened on the way to the party. We all went to condoms when MSM started dying grotesque deaths. I stopped having sex with MSM . We toned it down some... for a while. Ever since I FINALLY tested negative for HIV the first time, I have wrapped it.

Guess who doesn't go to her MD...for symptoms at all? I usually go to get my clean bill of health once a year. You can argue all day and night that condoms don't prevent "skin" diseases. They and other behavior changes do work to decrease the risk of transfer period. They have in my life.

ymmv,

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
MO,

didn't i see some place were there was a group of people with herpes that were starting a swinging group?

I think that's a wonderful idea. And IOHO you being upfront and honest is a good thing.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
As Dance said they are two of many different viruses that can be transmitted sexually. HPV is Group of wart viruses. Some of them can cause a change in the cells of the cervix, anus, and other sensitive areas. These changes can become cancerous. Most will be cleared by the bodies immune system. They will only come back if you catch them again.

Herpes is another group of viruses. These generally produce sores that may or may not be painful. Others types produce swollen glands...like Mono. These viruses STAY in the BODY for life. Example. Oral herpes "comes back" as oral cold sores when triggered. Chicken pox "comes back" as shingles in older and/or immunosuppressed persons. That's called Shingles. If you have not had chicken pox and some one has shingles...you can get chicken pox from them. Example. Grandma gets shingles and infects the grand children with chicken pox.

There are two current vaccines for chicken pox. One is for kids to decrease the risk of getting chicken pox. The idea is to decrease the pain of shingles later in life. The other is new. It's for adults to prevent shingles. Zostavax is intended to decrease the possibility of getting the "reoccurrence" of the chicken pox virus as shingles. The purpose, again, is to decrease the pain of shingles which can be SEVERE and LONG LASTING (years). Also decreasing the rate of shingles will decrease the rate of new chicken pox cases.

There are tons of other viruses that can be sexually transmitted. Of note to me are Hepatitis B and HIV. Hep B has a preventative vaccine series. Get it.

This is off the top of my head. For more information Check the American Social health Ass. They have very good info that is not politically "adjusted". Remember one can find scary pictures of many different illness on the net. Most cases a very much less dramatic.

Herpes is not fun to have...but it becomes just another negotiation point in the end. Realize that Mo is correct. You can carry HSV1 or 2 for decades and not know it. Exposure to both viruses is a given, to me, when regarding sexual adventures. It's only luck of the draw that many more folks don't have symptoms. That's why I never say I'm DD free. I have NO idea. Lack of symptoms or testing positive doesn't insure anything.

BTW, I didn't Dis Mo's disclosure process. I merely suggest that I'm more selective in who gets my relevant private info. My HPV history is not relevant. It's very, very old news. I no longer have HPV. It was cleared from my body 3 decades ago. My paps have been fine ever since. Ergo. There is no need to tell folks about successfully treated medical illnesses. The alcohol thing is only relevant to folks who really want partners to join them for wine etc. Actually, I make a great driver. You can party and I can drive.

I still am sexually adventurous even knowing what I know. I've known about safer sex since the 70s. We never practiced it. I do now. I much less likely to take preventable risks than I was then. The risks for me are less than the benefits. I merely like friends with benefits. To enter this lifestyle without knowing what you are getting into....is like driving a car without knowing how to put on the brake. That's my whole purpose in writing all this stuff.

Mischief.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
i have no idea..but i assumed they were one in the same. Don't know the answer though.

Steger IL
Username hidden
(4705 posts)
I disagree about disclosure of medical information in profiles. I do believe in disclosure of information that might affect if someone wants to meet me or not. In other words, I wait until there is a possibly of meeting before discussing relevant information.

Example, I have no problem with folks who drink alcohol, as long as they don't expect me to join them. I'm an alcoholic and drug addict. I can be around persons who are drinking but smoking a joint is out. I'm not going to put my entire medical history in my profile. If it becomes relevant then they are informed of whatever I believe might matter to them. If they put 420 friendly that's cool as long as we meet in a public place.

Should I put that I use a cane? crutch? or am crippled in some way. Again, I think not. But that's just me. I believe in selective information to those that matter.

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
"Genital herpes is caused by HSV-2 virus." most of the time.

Canker sores of the mouth are not related to HSV at all.

Regarding How I know the genital herpes was caused by HSV1.

The first was a crying patient 20 years ago. She had just returned from her honeymoon. Her gyn had just diagonsed genital herpes. He declared "Some one MUST be fooling around."

I tried to comfort the young lady. She said I'm sure he's not fooling around. I asked a simple question. "Did he have a sore on his mouth? Did he perform oral sex on you?" Yes, Yes. I explained that's where it came from. She had a primary case. She was still very upset but now had one less thing to worry her. Later she came back and thanked me.

Case #2 Soft swinger from sls e-mails me. Describes getting a genital herpes out break right after a soft swing encounter. They confronted the other couple. Seems they did have oral herpes. Her MD confirmed HSV1 genitally. This happened within the last couple of years.

HSV1 is not HSV2. 1 is less "aggressive" But genital herpes is genital herpes. Oral herpes is oral herpes. Meaning it can be transmitted.

Children usually get exposed by a loving relative. Most of our immune systems block the outbreaks. Sunlight decreases immune function. That's why when traveling to hedo...watch their faces.

It again is part of life and life goes on. It's merely something to be aware of if you are sexually active.

Kinda like skin cancer and tanning. If you don't understand what risks you are taking...you can't prevent them.

YMMV,

Mischief...merely provoking thought. Applauds the folks who use Valtrex. It's a great way to seriously minimize the risk of transfer.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
I had shingles twice as well...and it was right after having babies both times...not fun!

Steger IL
Username hidden
(4705 posts)
My son got the vaccine... and still got the chicken pox. The vaccine just lessons the severity of the outbreak. He had less than 20 blisters on his body.

I have had cold sores, chickenpox and shingles twice....all of which have no connection to genital herpes.

Battle Ground WA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
"A cold sore, sometimes called a “fever blister,” is a blister or sore which usually appears on the outside of the lips or mouth. It is different from a canker sore, which appears inside the mouth. Cold sores may appear just once in a person’s life, or return again and again. Before you actually get a cold sore, you may feel a tingling, itching, or burning sensation beneath the surface of the skin, usually around the mouth or base of the nose. This is the first sign of a cold sore, called the prodrome stage.

Cold sores are extremely common – it is estimated that, in the United States, 80%-90% of the population has been infected by the cold sore virus by the time they are 50 years old. Only about 30% of those infected with the virus actually ever get a cold sore.

Cold sores are caused by a virus and are considered a medical condition. Cold sores are usually caused by the herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1). This virus is part of the same family that causes chickenpox, shingles (herpes zoster), and genital herpes (HSV-2).

Cold sores can be different for each person, but, in general, an outbreak lasts about 7 to 10 days and occurs 3 or 4 times a year. Although experts still don’t know all of the ways a cold sore can be triggered, some of the things that can cause a cold sore include: Stress, tiredness, or being “run-down” A cold, fever, or the flu Exposure to the sun Hormonal changes, such as from menstruation or pregnancy Trauma, such as shaving, cuts, dental work, facial/cosmetic surgery "

Battle Ground WA
Username hidden
(8696 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   41 to 50 of 59   End
TOPIC: Herpes - When to Tell