Herpes - When to Tell : Swingers Discussion 875671031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexHerpes - When to Tell
TOPIC: Herpes - When to Tell
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   31 to 40 of 59   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Your right, You can check for 2 different types of antibodies..IgM & IgG of both type 1 and 2. It will at least tell you if you have either Type 1 or 2 regardless of symptoms or where its located..its just a good baseline couples/singles should have before swinging because even with protection..it still can be spread..in many ways.

Newtonville NY
Username hidden
(4 posts)
Everyone should have a blood test for antibodies for HSV2 before playing with anyone. Many people have ZERO symptoms and dont even know until they ask for a HSV2 blood test. Lots of people have herpes and most have no clue.

Newtonville NY
Username hidden
(4 posts)
HPV causes gential warts (at best) and cervical as well as other female cancers. IT IS A SKIN TO SKIN VIRSU AND IS NOT PREVENTED BY USE OF A CONDOM.

We have stopped our sexual activity on this site because we know for a fact of couples where the woman has been diagonsed with HPV and has not been honest. THIS PUTS EVERYONE at risk. I recently found out that I have HPV and cervical cancer...I was told I could have had it for 20 years so I am not blaming the lifestyle.......My point is this....WE feel it is wrong to know and say nothing.....We have always used condoms and followed the "safe sex" guidelines But fact is fact when you engage in sexual activity (oral included) with multipule partners you put you, your partner and others at risk.

We are no longer participating in the Sexual side of the lifestyle, to be honest...the social side is really what we enjoy...All we are saying is BE INFORMED AND BE SAFE!!!!!!!!

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(114 posts)
The stats in my post were directly from the CDC website, an easy google. As I understand it, HSV1 is somewhat less aggressive than HSV2. 1 is found more commonly around the mouth and 2 more commonly around the genitals. Both can infect either and do.

What doesn't seem to be penetrating in this discussion is that you ALL are infected with herpes. Since most humans TEST infected and we as a group have much more sexual and wet kissing contact with more partners than the general populations, we are all likely infected with herpes. So assume you're infected!

The HPV group is similar: most humans are infected and we are likely more infected than the general population. These are two viruses that most people carry. So it is NORMAL to be infected, and UNCOMMON not to be infected.

Disclose herpes when you are expressing, when you have a sore. Otherwise assume you and everyone you play with is infected. Because you are. Same with HPV, disclose if you have warts and treat them. Otherwise assume you and everyone you play with is also infected. Because you are.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
ww webmd c0m/genital-herpes/guide/what-is-it

Seems to say that there are in fact two different types and they have different transmission rates.

[quote]How Common Is Genital Herpes?

Results of a recent, nationally representative study show that genital herpes infection is common in the United States. Nationwide, 45 million people ages 12 and older, or one out of five of the total adolescent and adult population, is infected with HSV-2.

HSV-2 infection is more common in women (approximately one out of four women) than in men (almost one out of five). This may be because male to female transmission is more efficient than female to male transmission. HSV-2 infection is also more common in blacks (45.9%) than in whites (17.6%). Race and ethnicity in the United States are risk markers that correlate with other more fundamental determinants of health such as poverty, access to quality health care, health-care seeking behavior, illicit drug use, and living in communities with high prevalence of STDs. [/quote]

Anyway, lots of people must have it that don't know it based on what this says.

Marietta GA
Username hidden
(3 posts)
Herpes is not an easy virus to test for. The level of knowledge on it is very poor. How many false positives do the blood tests produce? How many do the tests not catch? That kind of information hasn't surfaced in my searches.

The best evidence suggests it is very common. If you are sexually active you should assume you've been infected. Most people are asymptomatic, meaning they've never had a cold sore or a genital lession yet have the virus in their body. Many viruses are similarly common, but our bodies keep them in check and they are only problems rarely. We each are resevoirs of viruses.

If you're asymptomatic you're not likely to infect others. But they have proved that asymptomatic individuals CAN infect others. What the true risk is simply isn't known. So I'm not suprised most of us don't have genital herpes. It seems not to cross pollinate that easily. Remember when it is said that is it POSSIBLE to infect genitals with oral herpes that doesn't mean it's likely. It may mean it is very unlikely, but it has happened at least once that they can prove.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
If 90% of people have Oral Herpes (cold sores), and it can be transmitted by oral sex to genitals, how come the rates of genital herpes is not higher?

I thought they were too different viruses.

Marietta GA
Username hidden
(3 posts)
A recent study of herpes prevalence in the US found it declining a bit. The study tested 11,508 people from age 14 to 49 and found the rate of Herpes 2 (genital) declined from 21% to 17% and Herpes 1 (oral) declined from 62% to 58%. That means most of the general population has oral Herpes and nearly one fifth have genital herpes. In the sexually active population you'd expect a much higher percentage. Condoms provide little protection from oral herpes and limited protection from genital herpes. Oral herpes can be transmitted to the genitals.

Eleven thousand is a small cohort to extrapolate results to the population at large, but it's the best we have. Since most people with herpes have no symptoms, it is not easy to determine if you have it. But most people have oral herpes so it is most likely that as lifestylers almost all of us have it. There is some question whether the tests available catch all incidences of the virus since in most people the immune systems renders it symptomless and perhaps non-transmissable. More is not known about this virus than is known.

It is important to assume each and every one of us has oral herpes which can be transmitted to the genitals. If you've never had symptoms you're in the majority; that is the way it is for most people. It doesn't mean you aren't infected. Most people don't have symptoms. Our immune systems deal with it well since it is so common.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
"But if it were obvious or if a person said they had it... why would someone that didn't have it play with them? Just doesn't seem logical to me."

This was the point of my first post. Has What? Oral herpes lesions are very, very, common. We play with folks all the time who have a history of cold sores. I don't consider this any differently than I do genital herpes. Why? Because I tend to play with bi women. She is going to put her mouth there. I'm going to put my mouth there. Ergo.. Using Scotty's logic, I wouldn't play with anyone who had a history of cold sores. Male or female. That would eliminate a HUGE section of the population.

So Scotty, Do you ask folks about their cold sore history? What is your cold sore history? (note, I'm only using you as an example.) I have never had a cold sore. Still I consider myself a carrier, because statistically (90%) likely to have them..and be asymptomatic.

Also some folks are clueless. I once saw a dick pic on here. I don't usually perv pics. The guy had HPV warts up and down his penis. He obviously didn't know what they were. The reason syphilis is dangerous is because the initial sore goes away on it own. Many people figure if the sore is gone so is the problem. NOT.

I'm not suggesting packing up and going home. I'm way too far out of the barn for that. I merely am suggesting that the risks are not so easily quantifiable. That we need to be alert for all sort of things. Like that dental assistant who had an active cold sore on her lip in a swing club. No one say anything while she was kissing folks all over the place. I was the one alert enough to point it out to her...and she KNEW better. She just didn't think.

There is NO free lunch. Every behavior has risks and consequences. It's only by knowing what risks we are taking do we have a chance to decrease them.

Swinging is NOT risk free. Never has been. My whole point of this and the HPV thread is to educate folks about the complexities of the relative risks they are taking. I still maintain it's more dangerous to drive to a party than be at one.

Mischief...off the the lesbian bar this weekend.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
i understand that dance. But if it were obvious or if a person said they had it... why would someone that didn't have it play with them? Just doesn't seem logical to me.

Again it's not that their bad people, it's just our health is more important to us than their pleasure.

I've said before I respect MOniceguy for being honest, I know alot of people arent. That' s one reason we dont play alot, we aren't always comfortable.

Lake Worth FL
Username hidden
(7207 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   31 to 40 of 59   End
TOPIC: Herpes - When to Tell