Herpes - When to Tell : Swingers Discussion 875671021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexHerpes - When to Tell
TOPIC: Herpes - When to Tell
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   21 to 30 of 59   End
User Details are only visible to members.
It seems most people aren't haven't wrapped their minds around what several of us on this site have been saying. Virtually everyone on this site has herpes. Virtually everyone on any swinging site has herpes. Most people not on this or any other swinging site has herpes.

Herpes is the norm, it is part of our lives, just as virtually everyone has been infected with a cold virus, or more likely, several cold viruses. We don't go asking "Who has ever been infected with a cold virus?" because we assume everyone has been. Assume everyone has herpes, because that is the norm.

True there are two varieties of herpes, and the one most commonly erupting in the genital area is less common than the variety mostly erupting on or in the mouth. Both are herpes, both can erupt either genitally or orally, both are easy to catch, and most people have one or the other or both.

Enosburg Falls VT

Username hidden
(970 posts)
M,

Its amazing how much we learn after the fact!...lol...reminds me of when our parents used to tell us "trust me, I know"...lol...but we had to find out for ourselves anyway. You make some great points that are clearly expressed, its a shame that they are often wasted on the choir (no offense, but we are the educated ones in this forum) Thats one of the main reasons we are up front in our profile, We want to get the word out...consider us a Public Service Announcement..lol. Hell, we weren't the ones going room to room, or crotch to crotch..we only picked a single select couple and spent our time with them, but you bring up good points for even those of us who dont screw everything that moves.

Since this has all taken place, we have noticed just how many people make no mention of D&D free.......hmmmm makes ya wonder.

Enjoy..be safe....

Saratoga Springs NY

Username hidden
(13 posts)
Real:

I have been playing for 30 years. Therefore, I have been exposed to most things. It's just the way it is. Before you could test for HIV...I would tell folks I don't know if I had it. We are still amazed we dodged that bullet.

I get tested for the usual agents although I can tell when I pick up a problem like BV. My gyn always tests me for HIV and the other bacterial maladies and does a thorough pap. I had cervical cancer when I was 22. Got HPV the old fashioned way... I went to college.

When ever I see a profile that says DD free.. I know they are new/inexperienced/have head in the sand. I steer clear. I would freak them out with my normal discussion surrounding safer sex.

The other folks I steer clear of? Those that are sloppy in their practices. Folks that place the same fingers in multiple chicks, move their face from one person to another without cleaning off..all set off bells. Guys who don't clean off the front of their bodies before moving on to the next lady.

There are many ways to play safer. Body fluid awareness is an example. When playing with a chick, I always use on hand for me and the other for her. Standard practice. I wipe my face off before kissing her, otherwise she will move those fluids down onto me.

This is all common sense. I wouldn't run from folks who have tested positive for HSV. Why? Because they know they have it. Those are the one's I trust. The players who state they are clean and have been around a while are the risky ones.

Just my continued take.

M. has a date today and tomorrow...happy VD everyone. ;)

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
I did see that and don't dispute that without further research, however, I'm strictly going on the CDC's research with regards to HSV II (HSV I is 90%). Since some may elect to use such resources to further substantiate our posts I felt its important to quote the CDC. Whether or not its needed to state your HSV status in a profile is a personal decision, but not to disclose it before playing is just wrong and in bad taste. So we felt its easier to just get it out there for those who really do care and are educated enough to be informed, and just not waste anyones time who wishes not to play with us because of our status.

Saratoga Springs NY

Username hidden
(13 posts)
Again, to reiterate what has been said earlier in this forum, it's NOT one in five for the general population but 3 in 5! In the lifestyle it is likely at least 4 in 5 have it. So there is no need to put in your profile that you have it, because most of us have it, whether we've been tested or not. Those who have been tested and are negative could put that in their profile because they are the unusual ones. And they will likely get it soon enough.

I've said this a few times before in this forum: HSV is the norm, not the exception for all people and even more so for those in the lifestyle. You have it, we have it, everyone here has it.

Enosburg Falls VT

Username hidden
(970 posts)
We can't agree more!....to assume your clean and make such a blanket statement when HSV testing is NOT...yes NOT part of a standard STD workup. Take it from me, I was "clean" for years...then I found out HSV is not normally tested after the wife came back positive, so I got tested....BAM, I have both I and II (and never a sign EVER - not even cold sores). According to the 2 infectious disease doctors I most likely have had it for several years..YIKES, we've been swinging for two years...talk about uncomfortable chats with our playmates (they took it well and are clean).

Thank god this is really just a "social nuisance" and not life threatening (except in child birthing as stated previously)....this is most likely why there isnt a cure....no $$$ in erradicating it. So lets see, if 1 in 5 vanilla citizens have it....how many in our life style have it 1 in 3 any bets more. To often we see they are clean or D&D free...hmmm, have they really been tested?, or did they get tested and think it included HSV when it didn't. I must admit I was uneducated about HSV, I'm glad everyone here is helping to expose it and remove the stigma/myth's attached to it.

BTW: we prefer to be upfront in our profile...and although not as popular as we used to be (no surprise..lol)...we still get invites.

Saratoga Springs NY

Username hidden
(13 posts)
You have no way of knowing that. The chances that you have had unprotected sex and have not been exposed is foolish. The problem with men is they don't show most infections. Never say something so foolish like I don't have X.

Why do you think they want to vaccinate young girls at 11 year old? That's because their chances of not getting it...unless they marry a virgin and are a virgin themselves is virtually nil.

Reality is that adults..especially on this site...have pledged the fraternity. Just a fact of life.

M.

Glen Burnie MD

Username hidden
(2783 posts)
A baseline test is appropriate when you have never had hsv1 or hsv2 outbreaks or symptoms and have been unsafe in the past. I do have a small group of friends (and patients) that never ever had symptoms in their lives and by asking their doctor to check them (just so they know) they have come back positive for one or the other..or even both..and NEVER knew..because the HSV antibody tests is not a routine STD screening. So YES it is important people know their status...because most people who carry either hs virus have no symptoms..its only fair to future partners (who may be negative) to know your status whether it be type 1 or 2..so they can make their own decisions to risk exposure. Not everyone has type 1 or 2...some people are negative for both.

Newtonville NY

Username hidden
(4 posts)
Why pay for a test? First you're assuming the tests will tell you more than you already know. What you already know is that you are most likely positive for one or the other. If you've had symptoms you know for a fact. If you haven't had symptoms you still probably are infected but your body doesn't respond in any way negatively. The test has false positives and false negatives. And it costs money and time. It may give you a higher degree of knowing you are infected or that you mostly likely are not, but most will test positive, the studies have already shown that. And we who play with more partners than the general population are more likely to be infected. So the figure of 90% may be quite realistic.

Bottom line: a test is unnecessary. You are infected. Using that logic you'll be right far more often than wrong.

Enosburg Falls VT

Username hidden
(970 posts)
I think you are misunderstanding what we are saying..we are on the same page as you are..dont be so defensive.

Newtonville NY

Username hidden
(4 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   21 to 30 of 59   End
TOPIC: Herpes - When to Tell