Herpes-free Swingers : Swingers Discussion 147267
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexHerpes-free Swingers
TOPIC: Herpes-free Swingers
Created by: indian_nyc The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 32   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Today, condoms give only protection (the ones that don't split!) to contraception and a 90% rate of protection against HIV. Get the facts str8... Someone sneezes today and you're next to them, you can get Chlamydia..

If you do your homework folks, there's nothing "oxymoron" about being in a group and disease or Herpes free. The word complacent would come to mind. What are you going to do? take a survey (is everyone going to tell the truth anyway?) of having a cold sore??

Seriously, most of the BS being posted here, is well,,,, bullshit..

Port Carbon PA
Username hidden
(7441 posts)
Herpes free. Hoping to stay that way.

But you have to be realistic. Rubbers give you a good deal of protection but they generally don't completely stay on completely. My hope would be that anyone who knowingly has it would come clean but that's not realistic. At minimal, I would hope that those who have it would insist on condom usage 100%, take their medication to reduce shedding and never fucking while you think you might be outbreaking.

Saint Clair Shores MI
Username hidden
(228 posts)
Indian,

When I see the words "Group" and "Herpes free" used in the same breath, my first reaction is "oxymoron" and "wishful thinking". Same reaction I get when seeing an ad for "Herpes Cure" and immediately I think "snake oil".

So why not call it what it is? A Group for people who'd like to "reduce their risk" of contracting H. Because there is no such thing as zero risk And "Herpes Free" implies no (zero) risk.

As you yourself (I think) previously stated, an antibody test can only give you your status as of 3-4 months *prior* to the blood draw (not as of the results date) because it can take that long for detectable levels of antibodies to build up in the blood stream. (Only takes a few hours to become contagious though) So, after the blood draw, you'd literally have to somehow physically confine the potential Group member to insure they get no sex (including oral) for *4 months*, then retest them to make sure they're still negative. And even then, you've only reduced the risk. But not to zero, because the tests themselves are not 100% reliable.

In theory, I'm all in favor of your idea for a Group to fill a niche. And lots of peeps who honestly believe they would qualify (mistakenly, in many cases) would like to join a group that's actually "Herpes Free" (not just in name only). But I'm also in favor of transparency and complete disclosure of facts. Which means you'll have quite a bit to explain to every potential member who hasn't been well educated on the subject. And by "educated", I mean a full understanding and not just bits and pieces they've picked up along the way.

So my suggestion.... call it something other than "Herpes Free". I think, although the H free term might attract a few naive folk, it would also scare off people who'd think you're trying to pull wool over somebody's eyes. Plus the fact that the term just wouldn't be accurate.

Gulfport MS
Username hidden
(1 post)
I'd guess it is well over 90%, maybe 95%.

EWWWW .... you all have herpes!! Wait .... we swing !

Clinton Township MI
Username hidden
(23 posts)
"(it’s spread by skin-to-skin contact, so condoms are of limited usefulness)"

Again with this, condoms are very useful just not against herpes. I can certainly see where this is heading. If one is having members tested for herpes before it would make sense to have them HIV test.

Sooooooo? Can anyone say bareback group?

I'll pass!

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19442 posts)
"houseprincess, extending your reasoning, why bother with condoms? "

Because condoms is a good preventative to HIV a life threatening disease to both men and women.

Sheeesh, you are obviously intelligent so why would you ask such a stupid question?

BTW I think when it comes play time there is going to be a lot of hand action in your group...LOL

Sanford NC
Username hidden
(19442 posts)
My husband and I have maintained a soft swing statue. The reasoning is simple.....less risk of transoms of anything from anyone. Being a nurse and a pervert, we weighed what we thought would be the most exciting and safe way in which to experience the swing lifestyle and soft swap is our way. So many transmittable viruses, some ppl dont even realize they have, or are lying about, that is not something were comfortable with. We understand that we are still at risk for infection, but its minimal.

Springfield MA
Username hidden
(89 posts)
I'll agree both that indian_nyc seems pretty level headed about this, and that there are some statements that have been made about HPV that don't resonate well from a female point of view.

Yeah, there is treatment for persistent infection with HPV that won't clear the body and that results in abnormal pap smears. The knife. That's it.

I watched my MIL die of cervical cancer. It's a cruel way to go. Once cervical cancer has progressed beyond a certain point, it is one of the bad cancers for which there are no effective treatments. HPV may be very widespread, essentially normal for humans, but women need to take it seriously. The risk of an HPV infection causing a serious health issue is much higher for us than it is for men, who in my experience tend to NOT take it seriously.

Canton NY
Username hidden
(23 posts)
Lol - done deal. Perhaps you should also think about excluding those of us who are exposed to disease in our profession where we care for those poor souls who suffer from illness and are facing death because of it. Happy swinging young man.

Marlton NJ
Username hidden
(6 posts)
I'll take the bait Indian. If I were there I would actually smack you on your forehead before stating.................condoms of course significantly decrease the risk of transmitting HIV and Hepatitis C. If you haven't heard these are viruses that can actually KILL you silly : )

Marlton NJ
Username hidden
(6 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 32   End
TOPIC: Herpes-free Swingers