Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Safe Sex Hepatitis C
TOPIC: Hepatitis C
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 34   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Serodiscordant usually refers to one sexual partner who has a disease (HIV usually) and one who doesn't..

In this case Serodiscordant refers to one patient who has Hep C and one who doesn't.

They simply rarely both become seropositive for Hep C.

Like I said. It's rare and not easily caught.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Geesh... Google it babe.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Hep C is not uncommon in my age group. 42-49. I personally know 4 people on peg-interferon currently. I have personally monitored the therapy of more than that in the last 10 years. Depression being the main SXS. One died because he continued to drink.

Your lack of knowledge of what GI docs do isn't heartening. They deal with livers...hon. Hepatic issues. ya know.

Why worry about something that you admit is fairly rare and isn't easy to catch? There are many more bugs out there that grab my attention. Also since the same precautions guard against all STDs your comment didn't make any sense. That was my point.

You can post about the rare and not easily caught shit. I will continue discuss the more relevant HPV, Herpes, and Hep B.

Better stay home...Those bugs are out there.

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
......And serodiscordant ?!?!?!!?! That's not even a word. Buy a medical dictionary.

Selinsgrove PA
Username hidden
(6 posts)
Don't put words in my mouth - I NEVER said EASILY. Believe what you will. It's all on what your profession exposes you to. If you treat people for Hep C obviously you see alot of cases. I AM a health care professional and I don't see why you believe the Hep C is everywhere. It's not THAT common, yes people have it but, may have seen 3 cases in the last 6yrs. However have seen tons of 'run of the mill' STDs. Herpes is around in larger numbers. And what the hell does a gastroenterologist know about STDs Ask a professional in the field - Infectious Diseases. Happier Days to ya.

Selinsgrove PA
Username hidden
(6 posts)
If Hep C was EASILY transmitted sexually we all would have it.

I spoke to a Hopkins gastroenterologist about it. He said no. I believe him. It's very rare that it's transmitted sexually. Serodiscordant couples rarely transmit it.

When we start getting past Delta particles we are getting into thin air. We might as well discuss HVH-8.

Hep B, HPV, Herpes those are the popular ones. Let's stick to reality.. HPV is a real risk.

Mischief worries about the main line shit

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
I know this forums is days old but this bothers me. Hep C can be sexually transmitted. If the is even a microscopic tear in the genital tissue (like from a finger nail) you are exposing yourself to someone elses body fluids. That's all it takes. There is also a rare Hep E that is transfered in fecal matter. Just an FYI for all you anal fans.

BE SAFE

Selinsgrove PA
Username hidden
(6 posts)
Yes we are also, we both work in the field and it is mandtory that we have it.

Jackson NJ
Username hidden
(599 posts)
Hep B risk should be easily taken care of with the vaccine that is available.

That's what I did.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Wow, you guys alright in here...lol They still do not have a lot of info on hep C. They say it can be passd through intercourse. I guess just ask pam Anderson. I would protect myself anyway. Hep B is the one everyone should worry about. Its lives a long time outside of the body, as to where HIV does not. I am a Firefighter and run the exposer control program at work. We worry a lot about hep B. We can get ot days after the incident by cleaning our equipment. Always protect yourself and there should be no worry. There is a lady named katherine West she does all the exposer control regs for osha. Do a search for her name and you will find a lot of info. she works for Arlington, Va rescue squad.

Jackson NJ
Username hidden
(599 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
Start   11 to 20 of 34   End
TOPIC: Hepatitis C