Hepatitis C : Swingers Discussion 50386
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexHepatitis C
TOPIC: Hepatitis C
Created by: xes95017
Original Starting post for this thread:
I just don't understand why a swinger web site would not allow someone to warn people of swingers with the subject disease. If all the clients get sick then there is no website.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 34   End
User Details are only visible to members.
LOL, damn I just don't know when to shut up, y'all got the educator in me stirred up, lol.

First off all these viral Heps are separate viruses, and unfortunately the naming of them as A, B, C, D, E is confusing to folks who think they're all the same. Hepatitis simply means "inflammation of the liver."

In addition to the Hep B vaccine there is also one for Hep A, which is spread through oral/fecal contact (so all you rimmers out there...) Hep A is also the one you get when the guy who made your burrito at Taco Bell who has Hep A got shit on his hands when he wiped and didn't wash before making your burrito and suddenly you are sick as a dog and turning all sorts of exotic shades of yellow.

If anyone has Hep C they should talk to their Gastro or Hepatologist about the appropriateness of them getting vaccinated for both A and B.

Hep E as was mentioned by an earlier poster is similar to Hep A and like Hep A most of the time runs its course and goes away. Hep D co-exists with Hep B. Hep B has been the leading infectious disease in the world. A few years ago there was talk about growing the Hep B vaccine in a potato for easier distribution worldwide, especially in 3rd world nations. If anyone knows what happened to that experiment I'd love to know, I lost track of that one.

In addition to the hcvadvocate dot org site another good source of info is the World Health Organization (WHO) and two excellent books on Hep C are "Living With Hepatitis C: A Survivors Guide" and "The Hep C Handbook."

Indianapolis IN
Username hidden
(139 posts)
FYI: There is no such thing as a Hep C "carrier." If someone has anti-bodies to the virus and tests positive by the standard anti-body test, but tests negative for the actual virus through PCR testing (looks for the virus and not just anti-bodies) then that person's own immune system has beaten it and that person is not infected.

Indianapolis IN
Username hidden
(139 posts)
You can get comprehensive, accurate info on HCV at hcvadvocate dot org. There is also a lot of info on Hep B (HBV) there too, and some on Hep A (HAV).

Indianapolis IN
Username hidden
(139 posts)
Transfusions when giving birth would do it. Now the blood is tested. Years ago it wasn't.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
HEP C, I think the officials are still arguing on that one. I give blood regularly and once I mentioned that my Mom and Sister both have Hep C. The blood people freaked, just because I was related to them. They Tested the blood as normal and found it clean as normal. I don't mention it anymore. It was one of those cases of Too much information in answering a question that didn't concern them. To date they have never rejected any of my O-neg blood.

On my mom's side of the family I think all the women are carriers, but for some reason the boys don't get it.

Sandston VA
Username hidden
(195 posts)
Chuck:

Thanks for your nice comments. There just isn't enough info to rule out transfer of Hep C sexually. It doesn't make sense. You would EXPECT it to be transferred. It's very simply hard to catch sexually as your experience shows.

Hope this finds you well.

Hugs.

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Well...first,thaks to Mischief for all the support she has shown me and all the education she has shared with me. I've had the hep B vac. I was also in a seriodiscordant marraige for...seems forever but only 27 years. Ex-wife was pos-hep-c for longer than there was testing for it. As it goes in marraige,we had numerous sexual trysts,liasons and plain ole good fuckin. Here I am almost 8 years out of that debacle still hep-c neg. Never really read the cdc saying oooooooooo-ooooooo boogey-man hep is gonna get ya. I can tell ya this...if Mischief says it,I believe it,no doubt.She's dispelled too many of my own boogy-man theories that I thought were based in fact to not believe her now. That's MY story and I'm stickin to it.

chuck

Cumberland MD
Username hidden
(1592 posts)
That's something the gay community did that's really helped everyone else. They helped with the study before before AIDS hit that proved the HEP B vaccine worked.

Interesting to note they reran those blood samples for HIV once they figured it out. HIV was already firmly ensconced in the gay community in the very early 80's.

All those folks later got sick and died of something they didn't know they had. Interesting thought for all the barebackers out there.

They are vaccinating school kids to keep HEP B from being transmitted sexually once they are adults. That's a good thing.

Mischief has hers.

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
Two sites that verify that Hep C CAN BE sexually transmitted...Centers for Disease Control, and Columia Universaty Medical. AND there are several more (just to prove my point). This will help those of us that are not as "overly educated".

Selinsgrove PA
Username hidden
(6 posts)
I see now Bi-female...well that explains ALOT! Don't call me Hon

Selinsgrove PA
Username hidden
(6 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 34   End
TOPIC: Hepatitis C