HPV2 : Swingers Discussion 112473101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexHPV2
TOPIC: HPV2
Created by: EPVman The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
My GYN told me that 90% o HPV cases clear the body (your immune system handles it) within 2 years

Tampa FL
Username hidden
(2 posts)
From a "ask a healer" website

Herpes Simplex Virus Information - hsv1 and hsv2

If you are a sexually active adult, you know about HerpesVirus Hominus, although you may never have heard it called by it's proper medical name, herpes simplex virus.

An equal-opportunity virus, Herpes Simplex Virus is an std that puts anyone who is sexually active at risk. It has made the news that genetal herpies infections are effecting about 1 in 4 sexually active adults. However, due of the personal nature of the disease, I think even those staggering statistic are low.

I believe that herpes simplex virus infections are much more widespread than that, perhaps as many as one in two sexually active adults, and is still greatly undereported.

Redwood City CA
Username hidden
(1 post)
I believe the answer to that is simply not known. That would require a long term study of the same people with tests sophisticated enough to distinguish between each variety of HPV and whether it is new, old, or a re-infection. Don't believe that level exists.

Chicken pox however is known to last a lifetime and can re-emerge as shingles later in life. So lifelong viral infections are certainly possible. Whether those lifelong viral infections are infective to others is another question. It seems the immune system is capable of rendering such viruses non-infective and essentially impotent within the body at most times.

Enosburg Falls VT
Username hidden
(972 posts)
Correct this if it is wrong.

HPV infections, though essentially incurable are generally not lifelong infections. They are incurable in the sense that the common cold is incurable and like many viruses run their course and become victims of the immune system. In this sense the alarming incidence of infection history is not the same figure as those with an active infection and therefore contaigious.

Molluscum contagiosum another viral disease that is incurable and often an STD generally runs it's course in about 2 years.

So how long do HPV infections typically last?

Brookhaven MS
Username hidden
(154 posts)
about that, mrssnips, you are correct, and i did not mean to imply otherwise... that comment was merely in response to the earlier post that claimed there was no such HPV types... but as mischief mentioned, the high risk forms of HPV that are linked to cervical cancer are types 16, 18, 31, 33, 35, 39, 45, 51, 52, 56, 58, 59, 68 and 69.

Brooklyn NY
Username hidden
(5 posts)
thank you, seduction... and mrssnips, just had occasion to check after reading your response, and it appears i overstated, but you understated the statistics... i found numerous sources that state that at least 50% of all sexually active people will contract HPV at some point in their lives. i don't think it is a leap to make the assumption that the percentage is probably higher to some degree for those of us who engage is this sort of sexual activities, but it is also important to note the statement you made about it being a relatively benign affliction, with the exception being that it does significantly increase the chances of cervical cancer in women.

Brooklyn NY
Username hidden
(5 posts)
mischief is quite wrong! There is an HPV 1, 2 and 4. HPV, or Human papillomavirus, is one of the most prevalent and persistent STD out there, and one that should be of considerable concern to everyone who engages in this activity, but never is (which is exactly why it is such a persistent problem). Statistically speaking, two out of every three of you reading this right now have HPV. You may not know that you have it, because the symptoms can frequently be undetectable, and for reasons that i will never understand, screening for HPV is rarely done during regular checkups (despite how simple doing so is), but it is usually only done when someone suspects that they have been exposed to it. Now granted, pretty much overwhelmingly, being infected with HPV is for the most part merely a benign nuisance, however if unchecked it can lead to far worse things, particularly in women, in whom it can lead to cervical cancer.

considering how easily HPV can be transmitted, not to mention that the majority of those who are infected with it show no signs of it being present, and so are generally totally unaware that they carry it (plus, it can be spread by just about every form of contact: genital, oral, even manually!), in my opinion you should not even consider swinging with others without having been tested!

Brooklyn NY
Username hidden
(5 posts)
There is an HIV-2. There is no HPV-2. The usual culprits are HPV 16, 18..etc.

HIV-2 is NOT prevalent in the US. It's mostly West Africa. It's derived from the Sooty Magnabey. A type of Monkey. HIV-1 is derived from Chimpanzees. HIV-2 is considered to be less aggressive than HIV-1. But it still is a type of HIV and holds all the problems of the more aggressive type.

There is now testing done for both types in the US.

Mischief

Glen Burnie MD
Username hidden
(2783 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: HPV2