HIV is it real : Swingers Discussion 133198
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexHIV is it real
TOPIC: HIV is it real
Created by: TARTAGUS The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Well you are free to believe as you wish, just IMO the way I read all your posts (maybe it is just me) you should not be posting that catching HIV (even at this day and age) is not that bad.[now I do know you did say it like that, but that's the way I interrupt it]

Your someone whom is a HIV educator for 20 years as you say and should know plenty and plenty of people have died from contracting it in one form or another and to say 'people die' but it is not a death sentence to me seems like a contradiction! I will agree not as many people may die as in the past but no -one knows if the med will work ' they can not for everyone'.

(but hey thanks again for stopping in)

Baltimore MD

Username hidden
(2085 posts)
with all the meds available, the proper care, self-care, it is not a death sentence.

Really? My husbands friends wife received tainted blood when she was in surgery after a near fatal car accident. She did not find out until after she had given birth to a baby. They are both dead. Wow new fangled modern medicine huh HIV and AIDS are real, and they KILL.

Augusta NJ

Username hidden
(16055 posts)
Yep I'm familiar with the stats there bud, the disease still kills, that is a fact, never denied that, but as I said before, again, with all the meds available, the proper care, self-care, it is not a death sentence. You lack the understanding that many people get diagnosed late in the course of the disease so they do not get on the meds soon enough, many do not have access to the meds or proper care, many continue using alcohol or other drugs--all of those play a huge role in how long a person lives. What you say denies the fact that there are thousands and thousands of people living with HIV, living productive lives, and have been for more than 20 years and will likely live out the course of their natural lives.

But hey--thanks for sharing! Hope you have a dandy day!

Austin TX

Username hidden
(137 posts)
Now I never did mention that you compare HIV to a cold or broken fingernail and the CDC does mention:

In 2007, the estimated number of deaths of persons with AIDS in the United States and dependent areas was 14,561. In the 50 states and the District of Columbia, this included 14,105 adults and adolescents, and 5 children under age 13 years. So that's basically a average of 40 people per day which might not sound like allot but those people are the only ones who know how much they suffered!

(but hey thanks for posting)

Baltimore MD

Username hidden
(2085 posts)
nineincher yes, everyone will respond, and results will vary, often because of access to the meds, how well they take care of themselves, how well they stay compliant on the meds, all those things influence the outcomes. Yes, human suffering goes on, especially in 3rd world countries that do not have access to the meds people in the US have access to, and I never compared HIV to a cold or broken fingernail. Yes, it is a nasty disease, but it is not a death sentence for many folks on meds it can be like diabetes, manageable. Does this mean I think unprotected sex is worth the risk? I never said that it was. Yep, we've been members here since 2006 and haven't messed with the Forums here until recently, that's why you've only seen two posts from me. I usually resist commenting on things like this thread.

Seduction4Two, yep, you are right, it does change one's life, but it is not a death sentence, it can be managed and I never said it was easy, but there are many people who say "if I had HIV I'd kill myself!" I know lots of people living 20+ years after having been diagnosed, and one who was taken off his meds altogether because he had been undetectable for so long. His infectious disease doc also told him he is no longer infectious either because he has been undetectable for so long. I don't know if I buy that, but it is possible. We have cured Hep C in many cases, HIV is a similar type of retrovirus, maybe we will cure it someday. There's a real simple word that people need, it's called hope.

Austin TX

Username hidden
(137 posts)
NAPWA (National Association of People With AIDS )

Advocates on behalf of all people living with HIV and AIDS in order to end the pandemic and the human suffering caused by HIV/AIDS.

{now to me seems human suffering is not like having a cold or breaking a fingernail is it ?}

Baltimore MD

Username hidden
(2085 posts)
But in fact I did read all your post even the part were you mention: "The combination meds of RTIs and Protease Inhibitors have allowed many people to live normal lives in many cases."

but it does not help all people in all cases, then you say:

"I can tell you that everyone will respond to the meds"

so excuse me for being confused since you say you been a HIV educator for 20 years this is the two post I've seen in the safe sex thread from you :)

Baltimore MD

Username hidden
(2085 posts)
PDGunther I've been a HIV educator for 20 years now, and I can tell you that everyone will respond to the meds, and while the potential side-effects vary, if they get treatment early enough and stay undetectable long enough some may even be able to go off their meds. However like anything complications can happen, and we see a universal failure rate of combinations after 5 years, then the person may have to change up their regiment and go on a different combination. People do still die, but the death rates have declined astronomically in the past 20 years. But again, it is not a death sentence. But don't take my word for it, look at what the CDC says, look at what the National Association of People With AIDS says.

Nineincher, you obviously didn't read all of my post where I said that people still need to protect themselves.

Austin TX

Username hidden
(137 posts)
"but it is not the death sentence it was 20 years ago. Statements like yours spread ignorance and fear."

Well a statement like that would make one wonder why even use condoms !

IMO you never really know how the disease is or its effect on oneself unless you have it :(

Baltimore MD

Username hidden
(2085 posts)
Some people will respond to the medicine combinations, and some will not. To me, it is an eventual death sentence. At least if one acquires type 2 diabetes, and takes care of themselves, to prevent complications, there is a greater chance of living a normal life. With HIV, one must depend on the right combination of drugs to live longer.

Quakertown PA

Username hidden
(1837 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
TOPIC: HIV is it real