HIV-AIDS-STD's : Swingers Discussion 1834851021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsSafe SexHIV-AIDS-STD's
TOPIC: HIV-AIDS-STD's
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 26 of 26 
User Details are only visible to members.
Thanks Leeza!

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(161 posts)
Darwin award? That's not very nice, urob. And if you think you'll be safe by attempting to screen out secretly bi-men, then you are the ones that are delusional.

There are several cases of men, heterosexual men, who have had sex knowing that they have HIV and other STDs. One recently was a swinger who had sex with dozens of women after he found out that he was HIV positive.

I was disappointed to see a newspaper article where the headline read, "HIV, Syphilis and Gonorrhea increasing in Black and Gay Males." At the end of the article, it said that these two groups are far more likely to refuse condom use, and that explained the increase. I think THAT should have been the headline.

I sometimes cringe reading the safe sex threads... barebackers rationalizing that they have never caught anything in many years of swinging, and those that think that all STDs are contracted from gay sex only. Several studies show that condom use dramatically reduces risk among heterosexuals, homosexuals, and even among prostitutes (both male and female).

My wife and I pass up a lot of opportunities to play, because we are not sure about whether they play safe... or they say they do, and their xxx pics show them with multiple partners and no condoms.

Of course there are risks-- there is no 100% safe play. We try our best to screen play partners who use condoms (always), get regular STD testing, and would be considerate enough to share with us any positive test result. For us, the thrill is worth the risk, and we both assume that risk together.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6776 posts)
Wow. Just wow. Because I'm literate in CDC studies and a health educator that is just trying to get the point across that ALL sexual activity is risky, you think I should die an agonizing viral death and get the Darwin award. Nice.

You never addressed the fact that someone who is mildly bi curious and has never had anal sex is NOT part of the CDC's MSM demographic. Hence my recommendation that couples who wish to decrease their risk from this type of activity should not say "no bi men", rather, "noone who in engages in anal sex"

I take your last point well though. I'm not trying to make you have sex with someone in "that demographic". Nor would I want to have sex with someone who was so blanket discriminatory based on one study they read, despite that fact that I cited more staggering statistics than the demographic you listed. We're all here for fun. If you are not willing to take the risk that the guy who said he was straight on an online profile might dream about Matthew Mcconaughey before going to bed, or if you think that said people should be charged with assault, perhaps you should find a different hobby.

It is your RIGHT to exclude those that engage in risky behavior, such as male-male anal sex? ABSOLUTELY! Is it morally 'ok' for you to make the assumption that anyone who might have bisexual leanings engages in any type of male-male anal sex, without asking, and then to go so far as saying that anyone who turns out to be mildly bi after saying they are straight should be charged with assault? No, I dont think so.

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(161 posts)
Also, be sure not to sleep with any African people either. Particularly South Africans, where more than 15% of the population has HIV/AIDS. Also, the CDC states that "African Americans were disproportionately affected by HIV infection, accounting for 55% of all HIV infections reported among persons aged 13–24", so by the logic of blocking bi men, don't sleep with young black people either. Or heck, any men. "During 2001–2004, in the 33 states with long-term, confidential name-based HIV reporting, 62% of the 17,824 persons 13–24 years of age given a diagnoses of HIV/AIDS were males, and 38% were females."

And for the record the MSM group (men who have sex with men) that you stated is at higher risk is only those men that engage in anal/penetrative sex with other men. This does not include the bi curious guy who sucked a dick once.

On a serious note~ It would make more sense if a couple said "noone who engages in anal sex", since its not the 'gayness' as much as it is the 'anuses bleed more' that is the issue.

ANYONE in the lifestyle takes a risk. Also~ Ive said it before and Ill say it again - Just because someone is bisexual does NOT mean they engage in anal sex, which is the risky behaviour associated with the CDC's high number of HIV/AIDS in the male-male sexual community. If a bi or bi curous male has only engaged in sex acts up to and including oral, he is NOT part of the CDC's reported demographic.

Odds are, if someone is bi curious and listing themselves as straight, they have only fantasized about being with the same sex.

Again, that's the odds. By all means, do what you have to in order to be safe. Just realize that, simply by swinging, you are putting yourself in a higher risk category. Blanket blocking a demographic is likely not the best course of action. Condoms are not 100% safe. Soft swinging only is not 100% safe. Working in a hospital is not 100% safe.

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(161 posts)
USA Today just carried a story about an Emory University study concluding that HIV is far more common now among those in poverty than almost any other demographic. I guess the lesson is to fuck rich people if you want to be safer.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10817 posts)
I have little tolerance for intolerant people.

On a serious note, I suspect there are a great many straight women who list themselves as bi or curious on this site, and that some bi or curious men list themselves as straight. You can usually tell who is not being honest by the things they say.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10817 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 26 of 26 
TOPIC: HIV-AIDS-STD's